Royal Regular Retreats to NCL - Feb. 20, 2016 "Live" ESCAPE Review

Yorkvillain

Alright it's almost 3am. I better grab some zzzzzz's now otherwise I may be doing a Live review from home this week.

Any Escape veterans out there? Should we do Garden Cafe or O'Sheehans for lunch after we board? We're not big on going to the main dining room for breakfast or lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Yorkvillain

So happy to be "joining" you on your cruise. Hubby and I are considering our first NCL on this ship in October. We have many cruises under our belts with the majority on RCCL and some on Celebrity. Can't wait to see all your pictures.

Bon Voyage! Wanda

I disagree, I also tip about $1 per drink, but I think most don't tip anything. Which I feel is fine, especially since they automatically add 18% and most of your drinks are just handed over a bar. The main reason I tip is to keep the good service or if they take some time to mix something. There really isn't a need to tip someone that opens a beer bottle and hands it over a bar. To me it's easier to tip at the beginning or end one amount so you don't have to keep all the singles in your bathing suit.

Can't wait for your review. You got off to a great start.

I live in Boca and my brother took my 90 year old mother to the Tilted Quilt for lunch one day. Needless to say, my mother was flabbergasted at the outfits and wondered why he took her there. He said he goes there with his work buddies for lunch and doesn't see anything wrong.

Alright it's almost 3am. I better grab some zzzzzz's now otherwise I may be doing a Live review from home this week.

Any Escape veterans out there? Should we do Garden Cafe or O'Sheehans for lunch after we board? We're not big on going to the main dining room for breakfast or lunch.

Garden Buffet can get a bit crazy on embarkation day. That being said, if you get on early, it's not too bad. O'Sheehan's has some good grub though, So I'd start there.

To OP about Tito's. They have it most all bars, except SugarCane. Not sure why, you could ask Bong though.

Have a great time! We'll be having one following along with you.

Be sure to stop by the 5 o'clock somewhere bar outside. Yum and Curly are fun bartenders.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

Still in hotel. Leaving in a few minutes. Only snails move slower than Courtney in the morning. Hope to be on board by 12-12:30.

On Thursday I made a last minute run to Dollar Tree to pick up some beads for sailaway, glow sticks for the glow party (I know, seriously?) and a fake rat to scare my mother multiple times this week.

5564a73cf638037861887576c639fe78.jpg

30a6b8d7e592779405c239f44c8c362e.jpg

In taxi now on the way to the ship. The line for the free shuttle was too long so we decided to pony up the $27 for the cab. TONS of traffic now, oh rats.

And speaking of rats, I hope the driver doesn't look over his right shoulder.

1bf90ac75897469cf118e5a92da31fb1.jpg