Post cruise blues

windsurferfirst

Stepped off the Regal yesterday and have been feeling very sad ever since. This was our first cruise and I can't believe how much I enjoyed it. I can happily say I have the cruising bug.

Wondering where to go next but worried that the other ships won't live up to the Regal. Did anyone else get an attachment to their first ship, is it normal?

The best and really only cure for post cruise blues is booking your next one! [emoji16] The Regal is a tough one to beat, but we still love the Grand Class ships for their classic ship feel. Beware, once you book a longer-than-7-days cruise, it'll be difficult to go back to a 7 day. Have fun researching your options!

The best and really only cure for post cruise blues is booking your next one! [emoji16]

OMG -- you took the words right out of my mouth!

I sometimes find, if you book the same ship, you will notice something that has been cut. Maybe try one of the S-class ships on Celebrity ... very comparable to the Regal / Royal on Princess. Now....get booking!! :D

I can relate completely, and I am happy to tell you there is a cure! All you need to do is begin shopping for and booking a new cruise!

My first cruise, I took my mother to celebrate her birthday. Honestly, I was very ho hum about the experience pre cruise, but I was completely and totally in love with cruising and Princess after the 7 days. I tried to convince my husband to cruise the Med with me. He let me know there was no way he was getting on a cruise ship. So, my adult daughter went with me. My husband listened to us planning for months and he followed the boat to each of our ports. She too fell victim to cruise addiction! When we returned home, my stubborn husband was ready to book! Point of the story is my entire family and their spouses love the cruising. It is hard to explain what a truly lovely experience it is. I am so glad you enjoyed it.

It is absolutely normal! I've cried before when walking down the gangplank, simply because I had never had so much fun before and didn't want to leave. That was several years and many cruises ago. I'm retired now and can happily cruise often. I have 4 more booked for the next year and may add another. Get used to looking for sales and deciding where to go. The Regal is a beautiful ship, I was on her in Jan and now I'm in love with Princess.

Stepped off the Regal yesterday and have been feeling very sad ever since. This was our first cruise and I can't believe how much I enjoyed it. I can happily say I have the cruising bug.

Wondering where to go next but worried that the other ships won't live up to the Regal. Did anyone else get an attachment to their first ship, is it normal?

Our first cruise was on carnival...real bunk beds ....not side by side .....that was for our 20th anniversary.......thankfully only a 4 day cruise with a tiny port hole ...but

we soon found Princess and love the Regal , getting ready to sail her in a few weeks and again on Princess in November for our 48th anniversary

Yep. But don't worry. There will be others to take its place. BTW, some ships are better than others, however, most can be special in their own way. The fun is in trying them out (as many as possible :D).

Be sure to let us know how the second cruise goes......;)

I stepped off the Royal 2 weeks ago, and only have been getting over the past cruise blues the past few days.

We fell in love with cruising with our very first cruise, a 5 night on the Celebrity Constellation. Everything about that cruise was dead-on perfect, everything. Late 2014 I found a really, really great deal on the Caribbean Princess, another 5 night, for a last minute (6 week out cruise). Pretty close to perfect. Booked this last cruise in September when my husband said "we need to go on another cruise". Booked a Med cruise right after I made final payment on our cruise earlier this month. That cruise was beyond wonderful; not quite as perfect as the first one, but longer, and so much fun. Booked next year's January cruise just today. Two booked, thinking ahead to 2018.

I got hooked on the first cruise before we even left Port Everglades.

You have the bug!! I love cruising. Every time we go, I always count on $200 going towards Future Cruise Credit Deposit!! Usually it takes us some time to book that next cruise, but right now we have three booked!! Yippee!!!

This is so not normal for us, and really, It's only one with my immediate family, one for my mom's retirement and one that happened on accident with some cousins :) I'm so excited!! I have an awesome 13 months ahead of me for cruising.

My husband will only let us leave from our home port, so that minimizes our options. Luckily the rest of my friends and family don't have that set back!! I so wanted to book another cruise today with that $1 offer, but the itineraries I want to book next are not out yet.

Rest assured, more cruises will be booked this year!! :)

Welcome to the cruise club.....:):):)

Bob

Yep - post cruise depression is real. We usually mope around the house for a few days mourning the lack of prepared food pleasantly displayed in the kitchen, having to make our bed, and entertain ourselves. Rest assured the cure is as others have posted - have another one booked to look forward too! We will be on the Regal next February for the 3rd time......maybe our paths will cross [emoji4]

Yep - post cruise depression is real. We usually mope around the house for a few days mourning the lack of prepared food pleasantly displayed in the kitchen, having to make our bed, and entertain ourselves. Rest assured the cure is as others have posted - have another one booked to look forward too! We will be on the Regal next February for the 3rd time......maybe our paths will cross [emoji4]

And why are the towels still on the bathroom floor when I get home from work? Lol