Actual Decrease in Drink Packages haha

Is it too far out to see and purchase drink packages for our voyage?

Not sure when/where I would see drink package offers. We booked through a TA, if that makes a difference.

I can see drink packages for my April 2017 cruise on Freedom.... and I booked through a TA also.

Speaking of my April 2017 8-day cruise on Freedom, I was pleasantly shocked to see the soda/pop (Refreshment) package offered for only $8/adult and $5.50/child, including gratuity. :eek:

I just paid $9/adult and $9/child on Oasis a couple months ago... what the heck is going on?

Needless to say, I snagged the soda package for both me and my son more than a year in advance to lock down the price.

It was only $108 total for the two of us for eight days... it's not like I'm going to be earning tons of interest on that money in the next 54 weeks, so why not jump on the savings? :D

Well I had a wee look online & we can get this for our 10 April 2016 cruise from Brazil to Spain!

Cancelled the one we booked last week which was £1149.12 & got the same package for £906.70 so saved £242.42.

It does show online that it can take up to 2 billing cycles for the refund but I called them & they said it should only take 7 working days.

Will keep you posted on when the money comes back into my account.

Thanks for this!

Dxxx

10/20/2016 Anthem....9 day.......YES!!!!!!!!

4/8/2017 Harmony....7 day........ NO :(

For the premium: on the Anthem

$351 plus $63 gratuity. Total $414pp for a 9 day cruise.

Let's just say every drink you have is an average of $10......SOOOOO if you drink more than 4 cocktails a day....it is a GREAT deal...

Easy answer for OUR clan.

Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's in the morning.

Poolside cocktails in the afternoon

Dinner...a glass of wine or two

Cocktails in the bars, theatre, shows, dance events.

NO.....we are not alcoholics.....lol....we just all indulge on cruises. (no driving or any grown up responsibilities.) Lol

PLUS......bottled water and soda!!!!

For OUR clan, it is a no brainer. Woo Hoo

Rhapsody of the Seas - 13 May 2016 - Adriatic & Greek Islands -

20% discount on Premium and Ultimate Packages.....purchased ours today (UK) :)

You didn't get the Select package when you booked? If so, you'll probably be better off purchasing those on board and only pay the diff between Select and Premium/Ultimate.:cool:

I checked earlier and it wasn't available for my April TA on Freedom. I'll keep checking.

From what I was told it is for all sailings 9+ nights excluding holiday sailings that sail between March 12th, 2016 - December 16th, 2016. Also not available on any Australian sailings.

Yes, would just cancel one for the other....but what is the sense of that....you will be missing out on the discount. (or maybe I am misunderstanding) :)

Select normally costs X, and Premium normally costs Y.

I think the plan is to purchase the Select now at "X-20%", then when on board the price for Select will be back to the regular "X" price, so only the difference of "Y-X" will need to be paid in order to upgrade from discounted Select to full price Premium.

When upgrading between packages, they charge the difference in the current rates, rather than going back to see what you actually paid for the plan you have -- for starters, they don't have access to the original purchase price, and in some cases the drink package wasn't actually paid for in the first place (benefit from travel agent, part of a promotional offer, etc.).

So, by purchasing now at the discounted rate and then upgrading on board, you're still getting the discount on at least part of the Premium package.

Select normally costs X, and Premium normally costs Y.

I think the plan is to purchase the Select now at "X-20%", then when on board the price for Select will be back to the regular "X" price, so only the difference of "Y-X" will need to be paid in order to upgrade from discounted Select to full price Premium.

When upgrading between packages, they charge the difference in the current rates, rather than going back to see what you actually paid for the plan you have -- for starters, they don't have access to the original purchase price, and in some cases the drink package wasn't actually paid for in the first place (benefit from travel agent, part of a promotional offer, etc.).

So, by purchasing now at the discounted rate and then upgrading on board, you're still getting the discount on at least part of the Premium package.

Ohhhh. Ok......I knew there must have been a reason for that. Thanks for explaining.:)

Sailing in November.

Premium package booked on the day the OP started the thread. Just over 28GBP per day. The price includes grats

Looked last night the price had gone down to £27 + grats so £33.

Thanks to the OP. I'll lift a glass to him.

My TA has received the receipt, plus it is shown on my purchase history.

Got an email this afternoon advertising the 20% off but only on the two top level packages, everything Select and under is once again regular price. The email was set up with info about my upcoming sailing and links to buy each package so it looks like they are now seeking us out if our sailings qualify.

Got an email this afternoon advertising the 20% off but only on the two top level packages, everything Select and under is once again regular price. The email was set up with info about my upcoming sailing and links to buy each package so it looks like they are now seeking us out if our sailings qualify.

Watching my email closely now

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app