Tampa Is The Best

Just returned from Brilliance out of Tampa and must say that it was the easiest embark/debark ever.

In less than 10 minutes I was on the ship (approximately 10:30AM) and off and through customs/immigration in about 5.

It was so fast, that I called my ride and said that I was leaving the ship and would meet him in 30 minutes. He was on time and I was waiting for 25.

This is my third time out of Tampa and every time has been similar to this (although this last time embark/debark was exceptional).

Why can't all ports have it as together?

Just returned from Brilliance out of Tampa and must say that it was the easiest embark/debark ever.

In less than 10 minutes I was on the ship (approximately 10:30AM) and off and through customs/immigration in about 5.

It was so fast, that I called my ride and said that I was leaving the ship and would meet him in 30 minutes. He was on time and I was waiting for 25.

This is my third time out of Tampa and every time has been similar to this (although this last time embark/debark was exceptional).

Terminal 1 in port canaveral had their stuff together last April. Easiest embark and disembark I've had and I've sailed out of Tampa. Hearing great things lately though from others recently back from Briiliance.

Got off Vision last Saturday and we were outside the terminal no more than 15 minutes after we left the ship. There were no bottlenecks, including the customs agents who were working very quickly.

That is why I detest sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. The embarkation and especially the

disembarkation at PC and Tampa is so much more efficient, it makes Ft. Lauderdale

look really bad.

Embarkation seems to always be delayed down there, and every time we have disembarked at Ft. Lauderdale there is a long, long line to get to customs. Even on the smaller ships (which we use the most) there is a long line. Not enough customs agents, perhaps since there are so many ships in that port...even on a week day. And the traffic to get to that

port is the pits.

Agree.Love the BR and Tampa.............ONLY downside is the morning traffic downtown during the week,as I make my way to 275!!:eek::eek::eek:

Hi Kathy! :)

Yeah, that traffic to get into town can sometimes be pretty rough also. Traffic into PC? Easy

peasy, so it is still my favorite port. Of course living just 20 miles away makes it

even more easy for Island Lady also. ;)

That is how it is in Baltimore's port also.

It must be Royal Caribbean who knows how to do it because we went on Carnival out of Tampa just over a year ago and I said I'd never sail out of Tampa again! It was real bad. It's a convenient port so it's good to hear that RC knows their stuff!!:D There does seem to be the issue of fog making late arriving at times.

We had good luck out of Tampa last year as well. But we also found that Seattle, New Orleans and Vancouver, B.C. were exceptional as well. We only embarked in Ft. Lauderdale (on our TA to Europe) and had no issues there at all. We weren't impressed with debarkation in Los Angeles at all.

Tampa plusses:

- small port with typically only 1 or 2 smaller ships means less crowding

- great airport

Tampa minuses:

- small port means fewer choices

- Sunshine Skyway Bridge clearance limits ship size

- distance from foreign ports limits itinerary on shorter cruises

- FOG can really screw things up ... not unusual for the port to close for a full day or more

And, this will be our first RCCL out of here. We normally arrive early so that we can enjoy the ship and get settled in early.

What is a good time to arrive at the port to board the Vision on Saturday the 2nd of April?

How does RCCL handle disembarkation morning? Can we linger and let the people who need to catch flights disembark early? Or, do they push you out of your cabin and only serve breakfast in the dining room until 7-7:30?

I am only a GOLD level C&A = as we have traveled other cruise lines more in recent years.

And, is Tampa more apt to let us take on bottled water and soda than FLL?

THANK you for your help and insight

Edited by hugger