LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Premier Sailings of the MS Koningsdam

LAFFNVEGAS

Lisa,

Thanks for the great tease in prose and photos! It's great to see and read about the things we can expect in just a month now. I reckon the Christening cruise may also require a bit of patience as well for boarding and so forth.

Bon Voyage!

:D

Ciao from the new Koningsdam. It's well after time we were to sail it we are doing a courtesy wait not sure for what or who.

Life Boat drill is definitely a work in progress. Tom said if there was a real emergency we are all going to die.

They tell you to go to your cabin and wait till they tell you to go to your station, they announced this several times so we are waiting. We get s knock on our door so we go to answer it and our cabin steward was already down the hall and we had a tag on our door that said "clear". We never had an idea where our station was just D3 section O. It was in the Dutch Cafe the only one that you cannot sit down and can only stand. They scan our cards then stood for 20 minutes then they announced the drill was over. Nothing else but they kept announcing prior to watch the instructions on the TV. To me it was extremely disorganized and non-informative.

We did some face timing with our son and showed him our cabin.

I need to get ready for dinner but will leave you with some pictures. Later tonight will tell exact detail difference in the Neptune Suites and there are quite a few. I did not have my camera/phone when we went to the Neptune so will go back later for pics but while it was pretty I was not impressed with the Neptune Lounge.

adad574c9680486239fbf5259f6bf60c.jpg22e127e714bb7452162c970ecf86fb95.jpg7bd0df39b5bedebc04ea1b1f033a6379.jpgfef38a3a86c62e7c3f9ab09388be0be7.jpg

Lisa, please tell us about the interactive TV. I presume you can check your bill and reservations just as we could with the new system on the Eurodam ... but can you make your own dinner or excursion reservations?

And how is the internet performance?

Thanks

Hi

Nice cabin. Have not been on HAL for a while. What if you want to sit on the sofa and watch TV? Looks like an invite for neck pain. 😆

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the wonderful posts, we are boarding on the 15th. And like you we have a long overnight flight to London then after. 4hr, wait a 2.5 hr flight to Rome. Worried about jet lag! Lol...sounds like you are already enjoying your trip! Smooth sailing Lisa.

Just beautiful cabin

Have a wonderful time

If it is at all possible to get a peek or hear any comments about a Vista Suite especially bath & balcony would you please share info?

Thanks a lot for all your pics and info

Linda

Nice pictures Lisa. Really getting excited about getting on the Koningsdam in November.

Is there another chair, besides the one at the desk, that can be used to sit on and watch TV. Pretty uncomfortable sitting on the edge of the bed to watch TV.

The cabin certainly looks spacious, but I don't like the TV over the sofa. I don't see any chairs, so do you have to sit/lie on the bed to watch TV? I don't spend a lot of time watching TV on a cruise, but if we get a sea day with bad weather I'll hope for a good movie to watch.

Do the clothing rods in the closets light up???????

The cabin certainly looks spacious, but I don't like the TV over the sofa. I don't see any chairs, so do you have to sit/lie on the bed to watch TV? I don't spend a lot of time watching TV on a cruise, but if we get a sea day with bad weather I'll hope for a good movie to watch.

Do the clothing rods in the closets light up???????

Don't you just love it!

The TV is behind the sofa? Are there chairs to sit on?

Remove that large mirror in the bathroom... sail it onto the wall behind the bed and there.... you can see TV when sitting on the sofa OR from the bed!

That full mirror might be useful for the ladies, but in a bathroom? No.

Remove that large mirror in the bathroom... sail it onto the wall behind the bed and there.... you can see TV when sitting on the sofa OR from the bed!

That full mirror might be useful for the ladies, but in a bathroom? No.

Great minds think alike. I was thinking the same thing as a solution to the TV viewing issue. [emoji41]

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The sofa looks like something from K-Mart. Cheap cushions already with a slight sag, much too thin. Just a cursory glance around the room, from Lisa's photos all the furnishings look cheap. The TV is in a totally useless spot. And I could not find a Mini-bar or Fridge anywhere??

a313d49e9a63e59670f578e996cd1a17.jpg.0f2c4aeffe554f2f8b02a31b918d5328.jpg