LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Premier Sailings of the MS Koningsdam

LAFFNVEGAS

I am loving this and thank you so much for posting this live review! Our cruise on Koningsdam is just over a year away, so we are looking forward to all of your posts. It looks like you are having a great time already.

Cheers!

Looks like you and Tom are having a wonderful time already! Thanks much for taking the time to post and for the pics. Prayers for safe travels for all of you. Can't wait until you board the ship and tell us all about it!

Diane

Bon Voyage, fair winds & smooth seas. The only thing I've seen from Capt. Albert's blog that I may not like is the Promenade Deck how narrow it is and a lack of deck chairs. We enjoy sitting on deck on sea days watching the world go by & reading a book. Looking forward to any photos & your impression of the Promenade Deck, thanks.

Allan

Once you have been on board for a few days could you comment on occupancy.

We are seeing very attractive 12 day verandah pricing for April and May. Not certain why ( and even lower pricing on Odam. Kdam is one of the three ships that we are targeting for late booking Sept/Oct cruise. Our experience with most lines is that the spring pricing is often a pre-curser if the fall pricing.

It is not just HAL. A fear other comparable lines are at the same price points.

I'm enjoying your posts. I can't wait to see photos once you're on the ship. We took a long cruise on the Maasdam last fall and are booked for 35 days on the Rotterdam this summer. The Koningsdam is so much larger. I'm wondering how that will affect your experience. Have a wonderful trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are now sitting in the dining room and just ordered lunch.

First thoughts are Very Impressive!!!

The ship is beautiful. Very much a departure of previous Hal ships. The dining room is definitely different than other Hal ships.

There was some delay in boarding and a rather long wait out side the ship to board.

Our bus driver was quite fast getting us to the pier but they did not want us boarding right away.

I think that patience will be the first thing everyone will need to have this week while on board which I kind of planned for already.

6c3a934a44d8505c7247f4a65d7142f9.jpga4d8b1f08de3b83e14eb7b1d8b0fb1d8.jpg

3ace5b640d169c8bbf1ebdae010bc400.jpg

890d560c315ad234687f8aaa2897e037.jpg

a1643e014214bc9441e54f8c952f18b8.jpg

I am looking forward to your pics, comments and thoughts on the decor. I have some concerns on the "feel" of the ship as one of our enjoyments with HAL is the atmosphere created by the ships decor. We specifically like the traditional decor, wood and brass as well as traditional artworks. I am afraid the movie under the stars is not helping in that regard either.

Hope you have a grand time.

Edited by KirkNC

We are now sitting in the dining room and just ordered lunch.

First thoughts are Very Impressive!!!

The ship is beautiful. Very much a departure of previous Hal ships. The dining room is definitely different than other Hal ships.

There was some delay in boarding and a rather long wait out side the ship to board.

Our bus driver was quite fast getting us to the pier but they did not want us boarding right away.

I think that patience will be the first thing everyone will need to have this week while on board which I kind of planned for already.

Lisa! I hope you have a wonderful trip. Also, THANK YOU FOR POSTING PICS!!! If you happen to snag an opportunity to get a pic of an aft neptune...would love to see! (I think there's an extra side window and I'm just wondering how that effects the configuration.)

Once you have been on board for a few days could you comment on occupancy.

We are seeing very attractive 12 day verandah pricing for April and May. Not certain why ( and even lower pricing on Odam. Kdam is one of the three ships that we are targeting for late booking Sept/Oct cruise. Our experience with most lines is that the spring pricing is often a pre-curser if the fall pricing.

It is not just HAL. A fear other comparable lines are at the same price points.

Many of the cruises that have slashed pricing are in the Mediterannean going to Greece and Turkey. It seems people are not choosing those itineraries for this spring and summer; hence, more open cabins. You may well get a great last minute deal as you tour Europe.

Lisa:

Thank you for the pictures. I am scheduled for early December. I am getting so I am anticipating it. Please keep the comments and pictures coming! Thank You!

Himself.

Early Dec for us as well - see you onboard!