Quest! The hilariously raunchy NSFW late-night game show

Spaniel Lover

They don't publicize it much, but there's a raunchy late-night game show that happens on a lot of Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruises. It's called Quest. I think I probably did at least 15 Carnival cruises without knowing anything about Quest... and then a fellow passenger happened to mention it to me one day. A small easy-to-miss listing in the Fun Times is just about the only publicity for the show. When I finally attended one, I laughed out loud... and couldn't believe some of the things people were willing to do on stage. (I suspect there had been a fair amount of alcohol consumed earlier in the evening!)

If you've got a fairly racy sense of humor and you're not easily offended, take a look at this little introduction to Quest that I put together from some clips I shot during the Royal Caribbean version of Quest.

[YOUTUBE]ZGis-yrhp7Q[/YOUTUBE]

Carnival's version of Quest is very similar to Royal Caribbean's... they just happen in somewhat different venues.

If what you see in the video is offensive to you, don't say I didn't warn you... and definitely don't ever attend a live version of Quest on one of the ships!

The one time we saw it in the Miracle Fun Times it was canceled because only 20 showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

The one time we saw it in the Miracle Fun Times it was canceled because only 20 showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You have to help spread the word because it is pretty low key advertised. It is usually pretty late to and people tend to not show up when they don't know what it is. We thought that was what it was because we had seen it at assign AI.

They had Quest on the Glory 2nd Journeys cruise back in Feb. The CD warned of the X rated material, alerted all who might be offended to leave, blah blah blah.

I stayed for 20 minutes waiting for something other than a child's game of treasure hunt to happen. The CD was asking the team leader to find an AARP card when I walked out, yawn.

Perhaps it got raunchy after that, but I felt like I'd been given a bunch of false advertising.

They don't publicize it much, but there's a raunchy late-night game show that happens on a lot of Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruises. It's called Quest. I think I probably did at least 15 Carnival cruises without knowing anything about Quest... and then a fellow passenger happened to mention it to me one day. A small easy-to-miss listing in the Fun Times is just about the only publicity for the show. When I finally attended one, I laughed out loud... and couldn't believe some of the things people were willing to do on stage. (I suspect there had been a fair amount of alcohol consumed earlier in the evening!)

If you've got a fairly racy sense of humor and you're not easily offended, take a look at this little introduction to Quest that I put together from some clips I shot during the Royal Caribbean version of Quest.

[YOUTUBE]ZGis-yrhp7Q[/YOUTUBE]

Carnival's version of Quest is very similar to Royal Caribbean's... they just happen in somewhat different venues.

If what you see in the video is offensive to you, don't say I didn't warn you... and definitely don't ever attend a live version of Quest on one of the ships!

It's not on all Carnival ships.

It's only done by those CD's that are comfortable performing it knowing they stole it from RCCL, with the same name, no less.

If the CD is not good, the show fails.

This also happens on NCL and the CD running the show makes or breaks it (and also determines how out there it gets). If you decide to participate don't take clues too literally- wanting a guy with lipstick on doesn't mean what you think it does;).

The tradition on the Royal Caribbean board is not to over-describe the event so content is a surprise for those who have not seen it.

In posts, they do encourage participating but usually leave out the details.

I've been on four Carnival cruises. Only one had Quest. Gumby ran it on Pride about 3 1/2 years ago.

This was on my recent Legend cruise, it was actually highlighted in the Fun Times (in one of the big rectangle boxes), and prior to it was an "Adults Only Game Show".

I really wanted to go and watch, but I chickened out... it said "be sure to bring a bag of random stuff". I only wanted to watch, this sounded like I would have to participate in .. 'something' that was "strictly adults only".. I was too scared to go! :eek: :rolleyes:

Cruise director was Eli (I don't know his surname, he's a kiwi), and the cruise was out of Australia.

We have played Quest enough times on Royal Caribbean that we know what items to have available and how to not be literal for some of the requests.

Booo.....Takes the fun out of it. ( love seeing women taking off their bras ):)

Booo.....Takes the fun out of it. ( love seeing women taking off their bras ):)

No, it doesn't. We have also worked out ways to fulfill the requests so that there is no raunchiness involved. As I said before, one has to think outside the box. We have actually received an extra point for originality in presentation.

Saw it on the Glory last September, they held it in the lounge used as the Punchliner, after the last comedy show for the evening/night. Don't quote me but I was almost sure the CD, Hugo, mentioned it was previously banned by Carnival. It was hilarious!! A must see if you are not easily offended...great late night fun!!