Door decorations?

snoopy5386

I realize this is a Princess board...but on another line there is a policy against anything other than magnets on the doors because they were having issues with people damaging the paint from the tape being used. They have a $200 charge if you place tape on your door. Just saying.....Princess likely doesn't have such rules because so few doors are decorated. Princess places decorations in the space near the door but not on the door (plastic as I recall).

And yes' date=' in the house of the mouse we've had decorations disappear.[/quote']

I always use magnets on the back. The one and only trip on Carnival they didn't work. I'm guessing the door had a plastic cover. Didn't use my sign at all.

I think it worked on my one Princess cruise and hoping it will on my next. It really does help in spotting the correct door. Our next cruise we have an aft Owners Suite. It may be easier to spot if they don't work.

On our Coastal Cruise on the Grand in March 2016 a two or three cabins had small whiteboards on their doors. This was a family group traveling together. I never saw anything like "we'll be at XX at YY" but they did have some cute writings and drawings on them that brought a smile to our faces.

Someone stole my door decorations on Emerald, so don't let your son put

his batman on the door, unless he's ready for the worst.

How terrible that some people feel the need to take "things" that don't belong to them.:eek:

Maybe it was stolen,maybe it fell off the door?

Still is fun to decorate the cabin door in my opinion.

Julie

I ALWAYS decorate my door and when I cruise over Christmas, the cabin as well. Last year, Stewart was bringing all the other Stewarts to see our cabin. It brightened his day as well and we gave him extra left over decorations that he put on his cart! To each his own!!!

Word of warning to all you door decorators:

Don't use those jelly "clings" on your door. There was a family that put all these Christmas clings all over the door. On the last day of the cruise, they took the clings down and all the dye in the red and purple clings leeched into the paint of the door. There was a group of perplexed cabin stewards standing around and trying to clean it off the door. My guess is they had to repaint the door. Ugh.

I ALWAYS decorate my door and when I cruise over Christmas, the cabin as well. Last year, Stewart was bringing all the other Stewarts to see our cabin. It brightened his day as well and we gave him extra left over decorations that he put on his cart! To each his own!!!

They're called stewards.

Little kids, elderly or sight impaired I understand, but other's who need signs to find their cabin really worry me.

If you do it because you like it fine, but if you do it to find your cabin and don't fall into one of the above categories boy oh boy.

I love to see door decorations! It's such a personal sign that you're celebrating something, having the trip of a lifetime, even arguing on one cruise! If kids want to add their favourite Spiderman or whatever, I think that's wonderful. We're on a cruise ship where we'll meet lots of different people and the door decorations make it so much better than the look of an impersonal hotel.

Here on the Princess board, we fondly refer to the cabin stewards as Stewart. It is a innocent play on words...:)

Maybe you do, but it isn't something "done on Princess boards."

Seems to me the reference isn't very flattering, and doesn't infer a fondness as you seem to believe. Do you refer to female cabin stewardesses as Stewart?

Maybe you do, but it isn't something "done on Princess boards."

Seems to me the reference isn't very flattering, and doesn't infer a fondness as you seem to believe. Do you refer to female cabin stewardesses as Stewart?

Ouch.

Just one man's opinion - but outside of doing it for kids, I think door decorations are silly. Even if for kids it looks tacky to me.

I'm sure a lot of folks could find a few odd things that I do so to each his/her own I guess.

Some do but happily it's a dieing trend. Tends to be a little more prominent at Christmas.

I am a door decorator. It is such a personal thing. .

Oh dear, there are people that still do this ?

Its a personal thing I am sure, but I guess if it makes people happy, and it helps make their cruise, then ok.

I guess I can understand ONE "thing" on a door....and I've been on cruises (another line) where a travel agency or subdivision of the company owning the ship placed something on the doors of their clients/members. But I've also seen doors literally covered with "stuff" that often fell off when the door was closed. A wooden "thing" with a small magnet doesn't do well.

OK, true confessions...we cruised on Disney for my daughter's 13th birthday and she awoke to the door well decorated in pink and purple along with a sign proclaiming the big day. It resulted in lots of interest, birthday wishes, etc. from the much younger girls on the deck where our cabin was. And it was a bit of a gag because my daughter hates pink and purple at a time when most girls loved those colors.

BUT that was one cruise for a specific purpose. And it was down the next day. Sorry, I just can't see carrying all that "stuff" to the ship to make doors look tacky. And I didn't see ANY decorated doors on our Caribbean Princess week.

I realize this is a Princess board...but on another line there is a policy against anything other than magnets on the doors because they were having issues with people damaging the paint from the tape being used. They have a $200 charge if you place tape on your door. Just saying.....Princess likely doesn't have such rules because so few doors are decorated. Princess places decorations in the space near the door but not on the door (plastic as I recall).

And yes' date=' in the house of the mouse we've had decorations disappear.[/quote']

On the Royal in March there were many (as in lots) of signs of congratulations put up by Princess on the actual doors with tape.

Tis the little kid in me I guess.

For years my trusty 11 inch dia Port Hole mounted on a rubber covered magnetic plate has gone cruising with us.

It shows a picture of the ocean with three sea gulls flying over the water.

If the sight of it mounted on the cabin door offends anyone, I suggest that the offended party cover one eye as they walk past. :D

Bob

Thanks all for the input! On Disney door decorating is a big thing, but I see not so much on Princess. We are cruising with a big group and 5 kids between us so I thought it might be helpful for them to be able to easily identify the cabins in our party since we have 5 of them. Save them from knocking on the wrong door and bothering a stranger.

I for one will be decorating our door as we are BIG kids at heart and like to have fun. We plan on enjoying ourselves and if those that don't like it can look the other way! Sorry folks. Maybe if more people would just laugh and smile more instead of all the rudeness. Our world would be a better place!

Just my opinion!! Who cares what others think. It is your vacation!! Enjoy it!! :)

Decorating the cabin door is a great way to share some lighthearted fun with fellow passengers and crew. Sure, some people may steal or write nasty things, but I've never had that happen in the 3 cruises I've decorated. Switching out the decorations for various ports or holidays only takes a few minutes each day since I re-use small round magnets(Home Depot) or poster putty. Avoid using gel-cling type decorations since the dye can transfer and permanently stain walls or doors.

Usually I'll have one or two days of passenger participation with the decorations, such as a selfie-station with props or writing down their cruise pyramid, with a small reward such as a cruise itinerary magnet or gold coin for them to take. It's not unusual to get a few daily chuckles and positive comments from other passengers and the stewards in the area.

A46D4144-A8B1-469B-A008-F6FE2DC4496B_zpsn5ucbsuv.jpg

F1B6C80B-F5C3-4E70-8CCC-17911C2AF0A5_zpsq65m04x0.jpg

D6E2A716-86EC-483A-BC7F-D0F5F48288D4_zpsqnyl0iz6.jpg

15318EC1-201B-43D8-9ED1-E674EF494A9B_zps7tnfeuj7.jpg

5E6F1E12-2037-47BE-9673-BB4C637D3A9D_zpslpfeydbn.jpg

E51F7EE1-8ADD-4AFD-9E65-77C679C99557_zpsatc7dwwy.jpg

Happy decorating and share some fun,

I just printed off some pictures used the Magnetic paper that didn't cost us much. Easy to put on the doors without using tape or anything sticky. So if someone wants to take our State logo, Hearts, whales or eagles that I printed. Guess they wanted it more than me!! LOL. :eek:

We were on Serenade OTS 2 weeks ago and a door near us had a collage of word magnets where you could move them around and make your own sentence/statement. Passengers would come by and rearrange the words. We're on Coral in 2 weeks and I'm searching for these to put on our door.

I just printed off some pictures used the Magnetic paper that didn't cost us much. Easy to put on the doors without using tape or anything sticky. So if someone wants to take our State logo, Hearts, whales or eagles that I printed. Guess they wanted it more than me!! LOL. :eek:

Amazon, here's a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Rated-Magnetic-Word-Play-Magnet/dp/B00OM1KORW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1461963754&sr=8-4&keywords=word+magnets