Allure is TRACKING WHAT YOU DRINK IN DL

We are currently on a B2B on the Allure and DL drinkers are being TRACKED.

In the Diamond Lounge each person ordering a drink MUST give them their Seapass card for each drink ordered.

They are recording what you order and WHEN you order it.

On your "bill" on the TV it shows up as "Diamond Club $0.00" with date and time.

The Diamonds and Diamond Plus guests received a letter in their cabin saying it was for a "survey".

The drinks in the DL do not subtract from you 3 nightly coupon drinks.

Edited by beachnative

More and more companies are using tech to quickly track data and thus understand their business. I can see them wanting to know peak hours, what drinks are popular, if the distribution is lots of drinks to a few people or a few drinks to lots of people, etc.

If its still free I don't see a problem.

Edited by phxrsng

This is kind of a non issue.

Of course they want to know where their stock is going for many reasons.

Could one of those reasons be to eliminate the stock of expensive booze if the number of drink orders with that ingredient is "low enough"?

Could one of those reasons be to eliminate the stock of expensive booze if the number of drink orders with that ingredient is "low enough"?

Possibly. Thay might also have stock 'shrinkage' issues, so want to check that the stock that is going out is actually being ordered by guests....

Possibly. Thay might also have stock 'shrinkage' issues, so want to check that the stock that is going out is actually being ordered by guests....

That wouldn't affect customers, but do away with one of the ingredients......well, we know what will happen then.

The tracking has greatly slowed down the service.

With the removal of the Concierge Lounge and the combining of D+ and D into one space, the room is packed and some people have had to wait a long time before their order is taken.

Last night we took our own glass of wine into the lounge. We drank that glass of wine and went to dinner not having time to order and receive a glass of wine from a waiter.

After dinner we went to the Rising Tide and used a coupon and had good service.

Edited by beachnative

I am starting to study this cruise line. I am diamond because of Celebrity cruises. Are you saying you get three coupons for drinks plus can go to a lounge and get drinks. Are all of these to be used during a certain time period?

I am starting to study this cruise line. I am diamond because of Celebrity cruises. Are you saying you get three coupons for drinks plus can go to a lounge and get drinks. Are all of these to be used during a certain time period?

Yes and yes (during cocktail happy hours).

Cocktails are served in the Diamond Lounge from either 4:30PM to 8PM or 5PM to 8:30PM. You may use the 3 vouchers, that are loaded onto your SeaPass Card, any most of the bars around the ship during those hours as well.

How else are they to monitor the 3 drinks on each diamonds card? They have always scanned the card since the electronic vouchers started. Why is this an issue?

How else are they to monitor the 3 drinks on each diamonds card? They have always scanned the card since the electronic vouchers started. Why is this an issue?

Yes, they have tracked the 3 drink "coupons," but they have never before tracked the drinks in the lounges.

There's expensive booze in the DL? [emoji12]

In Lean business practice, every time a product is used, it "pulls" the next item to the shelf. This prevents overstocking of inventory and waste in the system.

RC is probably conducting the same practice as your local grocery store and manufacturing plant. This keeps costs down for their customers who can enjoy a cruise for a reasonable cost. It also keeps the price of drink packages down...yay!

Maybe they're hoping to eliminate the diamond lounge in the future? Adding the 3 drink feature was an attempt to get people out of the lounge? Now they're tracking to see if it's working?

Or they're just using a standard business practice of monitoring what they pour:)

The tracking has greatly slowed down the service.

That is unfortunate...added time on top of an already slow service. Last fall on Oasis, the Diamond Lounge was already crowded with not enough help. Add an extra step and you're waiting even longer.

While I understand their reasoning for this, they already have a limited menu for both the Diamond Lounge and the coupons - and they've been doing this for years.

So now they just decide to start tracking?!

Any reports of this on Anthem?

Are they just checking to ensure non diamond are not getting drinks from their Diamond buddies.

Timing the interval between drinks.

Probably not the former. They could just look at the card once and not swipe it at all instead taking it for every drink.