Allure is TRACKING WHAT YOU DRINK IN DL

Seriously though, how much could they possibly drink in that time? And how many people are physically able to? I can imagine people staying there to socialize and they're not necessarily slamming down drinks.
You'd be surprised. I've witnessed it on more than 1 sailing. And how, well for example I go into the DL/CL just before cocktail hour to get a coffee. Groups already have their seats and are awaiting drinks, 90 minutes later we enter the lounge, the same people are still there and are obviously 'enjoying' themselves. Still there when we leave maybe 1 hour later, and they cannot speak coherently! And I can confirm that was as recent as this Feb.

Cynical viewpoint:

They are deliberately slowing down the process to force people to go elsewhere.

Winner!

More and more companies are using tech to quickly track data and thus understand their business. I can see them wanting to know peak hours, what drinks are popular, if the distribution is lots of drinks to a few people or a few drinks to lots of people, etc.

If its still free I don't see a problem.

I suspect it's more than keeping track of their inventory. I suspect the real purpose is to measure just how many drinks each patron is consuming ... so they can determine whether the perk is worthwhile to them in a business sense.

I don't know... Maybe I'm just a glass half empty kind of girl, maybe I just see the Emporer really has no clothes on. Inventory my butt. They know exactly how much liquor they are serving. Next we'll be hearing because of insurance purposes, abuse or just because they feel like it, swiping will become fleet wide and there will be a forever limit of three per. . . At least until it becomes two per.

Hey Bob, I actually prefer cheap wines to expensive wines. Will I feel at home in this regard in my first and probably only time in the CL later this month?

Not Bob, but they have a lovely Beringer. On ice, no less.

I suspect it's more than keeping track of their inventory. I suspect the real purpose is to measure just how many drinks each patron is consuming ... so they can determine whether the perk is worthwhile to them in a business sense.

No way it would not be unworthy to them. 1) If someone does not drink, then no loss anyway, so why end it? 2) If someone does drink, they will use it, and book with RCI. It is not a perk that goes wasted. They do not hand out free drinks to all, with half throwing it out.

I don't know... Maybe I'm just a glass half empty kind of girl, maybe I just see the Emporer really has no clothes on. Inventory my butt. They know exactly how much liquor they are serving. Next we'll be hearing because of insurance purposes, abuse or just because they feel like it, swiping will become fleet wide and there will be a forever limit of three per. . . At least until it becomes two per.

This makes the most sense. I would not doubt any of it. History repeats itself, and RCI has a history. The idea of handing over your card for every drink takes the class level down a bit. I prefer to hand over a few bucks to my server, and not think that corporate is watching everyone like we are being bad. This is the dark side of some publicly traded companies.

Hey Bob, I actually prefer cheap wines to expensive wines. Will I feel at home in this regard in my first and probably only time in the CL later this month?

Yes, you will love the CL wines.:)

I'm not sure why swiping a card should have a major impact in the speed of service? Do you think they are intentionally slowing down service?

Whenever the lounge has been crowded we just ordered doubles and upped the tip so as to reduce the number of trips required. Hopefully that still works otherwise it's the servers loss.

We are currently on a B2B on the Allure and DL drinkers are being TRACKED.

In the Diamond Lounge each person ordering a drink MUST give them their Seapass card for each drink ordered.

They are recording what you order and WHEN you order it.

On your "bill" on the TV it shows up as "Diamond Club $0.00" with date and time.

The Diamonds and Diamond Plus guests received a letter in their cabin saying it was for a "survey".

The drinks in the DL do not subtract from you 3 nightly coupon drinks.

Who cares?

Can you say first world problems??

This is simply inventory control.

I'm not sure why swiping a card should have a major impact in the speed of service? Do you think they are intentionally slowing down service?

Whenever the lounge has been crowded we just ordered doubles and upped the tip so as to reduce the number of trips required. Hopefully that still works otherwise it's the servers loss.

Are there POS machines in the lounges? I don't remember seeing any. I can see it slowing down service in a busy lounge where they never swiped cards before but I'm not feeling the intentional slowdown theory. At some point a program like that needs some hard numbers and I think that's why they're swiping cards. Maybe it's just a periodic audit. Like anything else on CC it's all speculation.

Are there POS machines in the lounges? I don't remember seeing any. I can see it slowing down service in a busy lounge where they never swiped cards before but I'm not feeling the intentional slowdown theory. At some point a program like that needs some hard numbers and I think that's why they're swiping cards. Maybe it's just a periodic audit. Like anything else on CC it's all speculation.

I don't know if there are POS machines in there since the lounge moved, but mobile POS scanners are a dime a dozen these days and should not have a noticeable impact on speed of service.

Possibly. Thay might also have stock 'shrinkage' issues, so want to check that the stock that is going out is actually being ordered by guests....

I'm much more cynical.

I tend to think that they will look at the data to find trending for types of drinks and at which hours.

Then they'll pull the more popular drinks so that you have to drink them at the bar.

After all, the bulk of the drink data comes not from the DL/CL, but from bars.

The DL/CL data is a tiny blip on the radar when it comes to inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't know if there are POS machines in there since the lounge moved, but mobile POS scanners are a dime a dozen these days and should not have a noticeable impact on speed of service.

No doubt they could get them. It just dawned on me that I had never seen one in there. I guess I should have phrased it differently. Unless they up the servers, I can see service slowing down.

Edit: Just read the OP again and he's on Allure so the bar is right there. I was thinking of the Freedom Class lounges.

Edited by Big_G

Some are afraid of change, you wait until you have to swipe your card to use the WJ

Or, the toilets, lol

Think we'll get 3 coupons for that too? :eek:

Drinking beer on the pool deck all day 3 coupons certainly wouldn't cut it. :o ;) :D

We're on Allure now as well and I don't know that it's really slowed anything down that much, if at all. We were always able to get a drink and promptly at that. Have had friendly conversations with a couple of the servers and they have taken good care of us.

It was surely crowded before early dinner, but we were always able to get a seat, though sometimes we had to sit upstairs. Service was a touch slower there, but I'll be nice and give them a break given the stairs and all. After early dinner started though, there were plenty of seats to be had.

Overall, We haven't had any issues with the lounge at all. It's been fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk