Live from the Divina May 7, 2016

maureencruiser

Hey Cruise Bestie I hope you're enjoying your cruise!!! 9 days until I board the OASIS!!!! You look like you're having an absolute BLAST!!!! Thanks for the live review. It's helping me get through these last 6 days at work. :D

Hi Maureen,

I'm really enjoying your review. You are hilarious and so kind at the same time, which is a rare combination.

I'm hoping you or someone else on this thread could answer some questions about the drink packages. I know you have had the allegrissimmo package on a previous cruise. From the text on the web page page, it appears that the allegrissimmo package does not include bottled beer or water. Could you confirm?

Are the included wines and cocktails the same selections that are included in the more for less classic package? The more for less classic package is $45 per day and the Allegrissimmo classic package is $31 per day. I must be missing something.

Also do you if the drinks are the same with the more for less vouchers as the more for less classic package?

Thanks for your help. You can wait til you get home to answer as I don't want to interfere with your vacation.

Carolyn

Gosh, how I miss good Rhode Island pizza!! Can't get good pizza in the south!

I`ve been on MSC a # of times & haven`t seen anything that good. Fresh tomatoes, basil & fresh mozzarella. An Italians dream. Coming from a Sicilian family the only difference when we made pizza was the dough, we make a very light thicker crust & cook it so it comes out light & crusty. I`m getting hungry talking about it. A tip for anyone buying Sicilian to preheat it at home on a tray preheated at 425 until the crust becomes crisp & the cheese is well melted & enjoy.

Have you tried Chowder and clamcakes yet? How about Coffee milk?

I moved to Florida when I was 18 then Atlanta now back in Florida. You just cant get good bread down here. And no good fish and chips!!!! Have fun in RI. Its great! I miss it at times but I do love the south

I don`t know the kind of fish your talking about but we get fantastic choices of fish, living in luxury in South Fla.

You mean one like this one? It's the La Piccante di Eataly and only $11.00.

msc_divina_pizza.jpg

Bret

YES, That looks better than the one fro R.I., that`s mine, is that free if stying in YC?

I don't know about RI pizza, but I was raised on NYC and NJ pizza and we never put toppings on it because it was so tasty without having to junk it up. In Virginia finding something decent is a challenge but they sure have good barbecue. Apropos of this why do people say MAzzarela when the word is clearly spelled MOzzarela?

I don't know about RI pizza, but I was raised on NYC and NJ pizza and we never put toppings on it because it was so tasty without having to junk it up. In Virginia finding something decent is a challenge but they sure have good barbecue. Apropos of this why do people say MAzzarela when the word is clearly spelled MOzzarela?

I`ve lived in n.e Pa., L.I. & Bergen county N.J. & the main difference is the cheese, what your looking at is fresh mozzarella which is what we use for homemade vs pizza cheese, which can be any inexpensive cheese, also Italians love basil, it gives a great flavor, its added most times in small amount, I load it on like you see.

Perhaps she is out plying crew members with Prosecco and her chocolate ship, trying to find out more details on the medical emergency that brought us right back into port...and kept us dockside nearly three hours...

Divina1_zpschjdvfyp.jpg

Divina2_zps03kdhqaj.jpg

Edited by Essiesmom

I bet is it is JUPITER

I'M BACK!!

Dang, Pete! You're ruining all my fun! I had dreams of a new star being named after me! Thanks for all your cabin tips, though, that's how I found out about the Deck 10 balconies. :) I've got Alaska this August , but, now I'm thinking of doing a B2B on the Divina, when I can find this cabin available 2 weeks in a row. That would be a good way to use my Next Cruise certificates, as well.

I ran into this man, I don't know who he is, but, I think he's quite mad.

13177734_10208297276261250_6553303332790064265_n.jpg?oh=0bbe687ea88ac92efa29fba3a781335b&oe=579AFDDE

Jaime (Jamie)!!!! One of the Entertainment staff that supported my daughter's quest for back packs for her school as prizes we won in Trivia and other games (see my review from March 19, 2016)

Maureen, if you see Jaime again while on the ship will you please give him a message for Tom and I? Have him email me as I need to make sure I have all the items he wanted me to bring to him when I board the Divina in June again.

My email is in my sig. He gave me his email but I can't get it to work. Also give him a huge hug from his other "Mom" and tell him I can't wait to see him and Khaula again. Jaime does the trivia and Khaula does the crafts so either one can email me so that I can double check. Thank you so much.

I am sooooo enjoying your review and it is making me get even more excited about being back onboard. Thank you for doing the review and for giving Jaime the message.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise,

Have a beautiful day,

Gerry

She was last seen on a chaise lounge snoring with 6 bottles of wine at her side!!! LOL

Truer words have never been spoke! :D:D

Hope the ship wasn't hit by a rogue wave! No, I'm sure she is just enjoying her cruise (wine).

I was once on a Carnival ship that WAS hit by a rogue wave. I was in a lounge (believe it or not :D) and everyone's drinks fell to the ground! I grabbed my little table to keep from falling off my chair.

I was also in a plane that was struck by lightning in the Bermuda Triangle.:eek:

When I was 10, I traveled from MA to CA to go to Disneyland and there was an earthquake. :eek:

And, Ive posted this several times, sorry if you've heard it before, but, I was in Haiti on the day of the earthquake in 2010.

I bet all you people saying you would like to travel with me are changing your minds now. :eek:

God keeps trying to get me, but, I keep on keeping on. That's why I keep traveling, if I stay in one place too long, he might find me.

Perhaps she is out plying crew members with Prosecco and her chocolate ship, trying to find out more details on the medical emergency that brought us right back into port...and kept us dockside nearly three hours...

Yeah, I have a bad feeling about that emergency. The last time I was in PR on the Divina, we had to return and we never even docked. A ship met us and the patient was transferred to them and off we went.

Did you notice, the ambulance left and we stayed and stayed....

I'm thinking if there was a death, maybe an investigation had to be done?

Anyway, thoughts and prayers to the woman and her family. I have always said when it is my time to go, let me go on a cruise, doing what I love. My niece has instructions to scatter my ashes from a Royal Caribbean ship when my time comes. :)