AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

I think, but am looking for confirmation from more experienced cruisers, this offer says use online only? Or do the terms say you can call? My mom had it on her cards so she added it but I can't see the terms. She is going with us on a cruise in January. If this offer needs to be used online and I reserve say an excursion, if I cancel onboard, the funds would be applied as OBC correct? I could then use them for tips or whatnot and eventually cash out at the end of the. Those correct if extra funds remain? I had my own recent Amex offer declined when I phoned it in to the merchant versus doing it online so if terms say online, I plan to stick to that.

I've called in previous AMEX offers to rccl and received statement credits.

I also just signed my employees up for an online account with their AMEX biz cards and they all have the offer too, sweet!

Doing this multiple times per year on the AMEX cards are very nice...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think, but am looking for confirmation from more experienced cruisers, this offer says use online only? Or do the terms say you can call?...........

From the AMEX website:

Offer is valid on bookings made online at royalcaribbean.com or via phone through Royal Caribbean or your Travel Professional.

I think, but am looking for confirmation from more experienced cruisers, this offer says use online only? Or do the terms say you can call? My mom had it on her cards so she added it but I can't see the terms. She is going with us on a cruise in January. If this offer needs to be used online and I reserve say an excursion, if I cancel onboard, the funds would be applied as OBC correct? I could then use them for tips or whatnot and eventually cash out at the end of the. Those correct if extra funds remain? I had my own recent Amex offer declined when I phoned it in to the merchant versus doing it online so if terms say online, I plan to stick to that.

Here's the complete list of terms, copied from the AmEx site and pasted into this message:

Details

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $450+ in one or more transactions online at royalcaribbean.com by 1/15/2017. Valid on reservations only. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer is valid on bookings made online at royalcaribbean.com or via phone through Royal Caribbean or your Travel Professional. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfers/transportation to the ship. Excludes Royal Caribbean/Universal Resort Joint Vacation, MGM Resort International Joint Vacation and Royal Wedding Packages. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes physical gift cards purchased online. Excludes Celebrity Cruise, Azamara Club Cruises and Pullmantur Cruises brands. Valid only on reservations for customers in US, including Puerto Rico, Guam and US Virgin Islands. Valid only on US website. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 1/15/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.

I'm planning to book/make a deposit on a future cruise while sailing on the Navigator next week.

Does anyone know if the AMEX offer will kick in - or will such a deposit be considered "onboard spend"?

I think if you have the card, and add the offer to your card, that after you book the cruise next week, you could wait a week and then pay more on your cruise with the card loaded with the offer.

I have not done this...it's just my guess. If you are booking onboard anyway, it's worth a try if you have the funds available.

If I call RCL and purchase $450 onboard credit via phone to be applied to my onboard account (and towards the onboard future cruise deposit), will the AMEX offer kick in? I'm thinking yes.

Yes and no. It will be applied if you buy yourself $450 OBC. However, that credit will not be used to pay for the deposit of your future cruise. They will use the credit card your onboard charges are going to for that.

Purchased OBC is refundable if you don't use it. Just don't have it credited back to the same card you redeemed the offer on (I always switch to a debit card during the cruise when I am getting a refund of unused OBC so I don't lose any of the rebate on my credit card).

Edited by MisterBill99

Forgive me. I have not gone back through all of the pages (or any, for that matter !) so maybe the details have already been provided.

How do you "register" for this rebate ?

Must you book a new cruise in order for it to apply or can you purchase for a cruise you already have booked ?

TYIA

Forgive me. I have not gone back through all of the pages (or any, for that matter !) so maybe the details have already been provided.

How do you "register" for this rebate ?

Must you book a new cruise in order for it to apply or can you purchase for a cruise you already have booked ?

TYIA

Login to your American Express account. Look under "My Offers" on the account page. You may have to click "See more" at the bottom of the list to see all of them. Click on the button to add the offer to your card. Spend the money, you will get email from AMEX saying that you've redeemed the offer.

You can use it on an existing reservation. Just make a payment of $450 on the cruise, or buy stuff online for the cruise (drink packages, excursions, etc) or call Royal to buy OBC.

The terms say spend onboard not included?

So it seems and I can confirm that the OBC refund I received after my August cruise had the name of the ship in the charge, not Royal Caribbean. So making a reservation while on board might not count. In any event, no reason to chance it. If you don't have a cruise payment to make or excursion/drink package to buy, just buy yourself OBC.

Doesn't show up as an offer on my Delta Platinum card. :mad:

I think that travel partner cards rarely get offers from other travel companies. I didn't get it on my Hilton card, either. The different variations of the Blue cards seem to be the best bets for getting this offer.

BTW be sure to check out the other offers while looking for this one. The $10 back on a $50 purchase at Lowe's is useful even if you don't need stuff there, since they sell gift cards for many other stores. I also had $25 back on $100 at Verizon Wireless recently, not sure if that is still there.

Also, if you have an authorized user card for your spouse/kids, you can set up a separate login for them and should be able to add the same offer to their card (AMEX AU cards each have different numbers).

Edited by MisterBill99

I think that travel partner cards rarely get offers from other travel companies. I didn't get it on my Hilton card, either. The different variations of the Blue cards seem to be the best bets for getting this offer.

BTW be sure to check out the other offers while looking for this one. The $10 back on a $50 purchase at Lowe's is useful even if you don't need stuff there, since they sell gift cards for many other stores. I also had $25 back on $100 at Verizon Wireless recently, not sure if that is still there.

Also, if you have an authorized user card for your spouse/kids, you can set up a separate login for them and should be able to add the same offer to their card (AMEX AU cards each have different numbers).

I did load the Lowes one, thanks for the heads up! I always buy gift cards at Christmas time. We used a $30 off our Sprint bill. :)

Login to your American Express account. Look under "My Offers" on the account page. You may have to click "See more" at the bottom of the list to see all of them. Click on the button to add the offer to your card. Spend the money, you will get email from AMEX saying that you've redeemed the offer.

You can use it on an existing reservation. Just make a payment of $450 on the cruise, or buy stuff online for the cruise (drink packages, excursions, etc) or call Royal to buy OBC.

Thank you so much !

The Royal Caribbean offer is back, spend $450 get $100 back, expires 1/15/17, I got it on a number of Blue-type cards. I've also got one valid on Holland America, Carnival or Princess on a bunch of cards. Wish I'd get one for Celebrity, I've got an expensive cruise coming up next year!

I have a Blue Sky, what other Blue cards does it work on? I'm looking at the Blue Everyday or Blue American Express.

We have two cruises booked for July & August 2017, I am making payments on the cruises and my Card will be used for the On Board charges. I booked using our local TA so didn't book online with RCCL. I did apply the offer hoping that it still can be applied to upcoming expenses during one of the cruises.

The terms say spend onboard not included?

Is not included if you paid on board (Ship), but the trick is pay now in advance over the phone for OBC.

We have two cruises booked for July & August 2017, I am making payments on the cruises and my Card will be used for the On Board charges. I booked using our local TA so didn't book online with RCCL. I did apply the offer hoping that it still can be applied to upcoming expenses during one of the cruises.

Which Local TA? a RCCL Agent or a different company? when you call to pay the remaining balance, do you call RC?.

For what I see, only Amex Blue (I have the old/first version) and Amex Platinum, I never got it on my Amex SPG/SPG Biz or Amex Hilton, but I'm lucky that I have my big family as AUs from my Amex Blue :)