AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

Never really paid attention to the special offers for Amex before.Thanks for the heads up. My final payment will be posted any day and was able to add the benefit to my gold card. Offer didn't appear for my Optima, but still appreciate the ability to get a $75 credit.

Never really paid attention to the special offers for Amex before.Thanks for the heads up. My final payment will be posted any day and was able to add the benefit to my gold card. Offer didn't appear for my Optima, but still appreciate the ability to get a $75 credit.

I don't pay attention to them either but I guess I will now. Just paid $350 on one of our bookings. This offer expires 10/14/16 on my card. I wonder if a new one will be added after that as the offer listed on the first page of this thread was from back in May. Hope so!!

My parents got these on their cards and were kind enough to let us use them so we got drink packages for our 10 day Anthem in November. I'm so looking forward to trying new drinks and NOT packing two bottles of wine! She got the confirm email after I charged it on their website.

My transaction posted last night. I'm still waiting for the $75 statement credit.

This offer expires 10/14/16 on my card.

My offer had the same expiration date.

I wonder if a new one will be added after that as the offer listed on the first page of this thread was from back in May. Hope so!!

I think it's worthwhile to check every few weeks.

I just went through adding the offer to my American Express card and then making a payment to Royal Caribbean. What a pain it's been for $75!

TA closed Sunday. TA closed Monday. Keep in mind this is a big online travel agency. Called again on Tuesday, my TA is out of town. Argh. I spoke to another TA who took forever to handle the transaction. He didn't give me his name or number. He got mad that I called him and not my TA and basically hung up on me at the end of the transaction. It went something like this, "Okay I'm going to send you the invoice via email. If if it's wrong. Contact me." CLICK

I sat around and waited 30 minutes for the invoice that never came. I called back to the TA explaining that I had just made payment with some unknown individual and all I wanted was my invoice. She said "I don't want to step on his toes." She refused to help me!

Another call to the TA, again explaining how rudely I've been treated and all I want is my INVOICE that shows my payment! At this point if I hadn't been getting over $500 OBC with the company, I'd be telling them to shove their reservation where the moon don't shine. :eek:

Anyway, I finally get the invoice. Then my Am Ex statement became available today and no $75 credit It's not automatic folks. It won't post until 6 to 8 weeks AFTER your purchase.

I just went through adding the offer to my American Express card and then making a payment to Royal Caribbean. What a pain it's been for $75!

TA closed Sunday. TA closed Monday. Keep in mind this is a big online travel agency. Called again on Tuesday, my TA is out of town. Argh. I spoke to another TA who took forever to handle the transaction. He didn't give me his name or number. He got mad that I called him and not my TA and basically hung up on me at the end of the transaction. It went something like this, "Okay I'm going to send you the invoice via email. If if it's wrong. Contact me." CLICK

I sat around and waited 30 minutes for the invoice that never came. I called back to the TA explaining that I had just made payment with some unknown individual and all I wanted was my invoice. She said "I don't want to step on his toes." She refused to help me!

Another call to the TA, again explaining how rudely I've been treated and all I want is my INVOICE that shows my payment! At this point if I hadn't been getting over $500 OBC with the company, I'd be telling them to shove their reservation where the moon don't shine. :eek:

Anyway, I finally get the invoice. Then my Am Ex statement became available today and no $75 credit It's not automatic folks. It won't post until 6 to 8 weeks AFTER your purchase.

I made my payment to RCL online this past weekend and the $75 credit posted to my Amx card this morning. It only took a few days

Edited by molly361

Sounds like my TA recently!

Most people are getting it within a couple days, but maybe it's because they used it directly on Royal Caribbean website? I just did mine yesterday and I am anticipating the credit by tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

I made my payment to RCL online this past weekend and the $75 credit posted to my Amx card this morning. It only took a few days

Got mine right after my charge went from pending to posted. :)

Again ... a big thanks to the OP for letting us all know about this!! I love saving money on travel. :D

This is great information.

I saw the question asked but no answer if anyone has received the offer on a Hilton Amex.

I went ahead and ordered one because they were offering 50,000 points for signing up. Getting the RCL offer would be icing on the cake.

This is great information.

I saw the question asked but no answer if anyone has received the offer on a Hilton Amex.

I went ahead and ordered one because they were offering 50,000 points for signing up. Getting the RCL offer would be icing on the cake.

I have that blue Hilton Amex and the offer didn't show up on that card.

The Royal Caribbean offer is not on my list of offers. My questions of others here:

1.. Was it a specific branded or level/type of card? I have a Delta Skymiles American Express.

2. Have you purchased something from RC using your AmEx card to get the RC offer?

Thanks.

I have Hilton Surpass and regular HHonors and it's not on either card. It's not on any of the 5 Amex cards my husband and I have, including Blue Every Day and Platinum :(

The Royal Caribbean offer is not on my list of offers. My questions of others here:

1.. Was it a specific branded or level/type of card? I have a Delta Skymiles American Express.

2. Have you purchased something from RC using your AmEx card to get the RC offer?

Thanks.

It did show up on both of our Platinum cards. It did not show up on his Delta Amex. Also, according to Mr Ski they only allow so many of each perk so once the max number have been downloaded/uploaded then it disappears from the offers.

Edited by skiiergirl

Thanks for the info OP, and everyone! I went online to our Gold card offers and added it to my card and also some other great offers, and on Tuesday I made a payment on the RCCL website and in seconds got a text alert that the payment went through, the next day I got an email that the 75.00 credit would be applied. I Love that the online payment system was working for a change and it even sent me a new invoice about 15 mins after making the payment. :D

I have 3 am ex. To get them added on the card do you log into your account and see them in the benefit/offer section. I don't see any Royal Caribbean in there so I want to make sure I am looking in the right spot.

I see lots for resturants, turbo tax, reebok etc but no RC.

1. Login to your account at americanexpress.com.

2. If you have more than one Amex card, select the card you want to check.

3. Click on the "Home" tab.

4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for "Amex Offers and Benefits"

5. Just below that click on the "Travel" tab.

6. Look through the list for one that reads "Royal Caribbean".

7. Click on the "Add to Card" button.

Irishgal432, Follow the instructions above. We have two Gold American Express cards also, but the offer was only good on my DH card since he is the main card holder. I hope this helps.

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser