AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

The Royal Caribbean offer is not on my list of offers. My questions of others here:

1.. Was it a specific branded or level/type of card? I have a Delta Skymiles American Express.

2. Have you purchased something from RC using your AmEx card to get the RC offer?

Thanks.

It was on my Amx Everday Card and I had not purchased anything from RCL on the card

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to check this out and was pleasantly surprised. I had the offer on my AE Everyday card so I loaded it and figured I would give it a try.

I called RCI Friday to pay $350 on my 2017 cruise and while I was still on the phone with the agent I got an email from AE congratulating me on using the offer. First thing Saturday the $75 credit had already posted to my account.

Since this is a newer card for me and I'm interest free for a while it was definitely worth it for me to take advantage.

We have Delta am ex and blue cash one and neither had that offer. My sister had it, so I may have her pay for my cruise to get the money.

You only need to charge $350 of your payment. Charge the rest on one of your cards to get whatever benefits you get.

I only loaded this on one of my cards since I have no plans for a Royal Caribbean cruise in the foreseeable future. Too bad it wasn't available for Celebrity. I did very well with it on my August cruise. I had over $1200 in OBC (in addition to paying for the whole cruise other than deposit with different cards) and at the end of the cruise got $1100 refunded to a debit card.

You only need to charge $350 of your payment. Charge the rest on one of your cards to get whatever benefits you get.

I only loaded this on one of my cards since I have no plans for a Royal Caribbean cruise in the foreseeable future. Too bad it wasn't available for Celebrity. I did very well with it on my August cruise. I had over $1200 in OBC (in addition to paying for the whole cruise other than deposit with different cards) and at the end of the cruise got $1100 refunded to a debit card.

There is an up offer now for Celebrity. $500 and a $150 credit. Unfortunately it appeared the day after I made final payment.

There is an up offer now for Celebrity. $500 and a $150 credit. Unfortunately it appeared the day after I made final payment.

So buy yourself some refundable OBC. Worked fine on Royal.

The offers is not available on any of my cards. Of course I do not have a Platinum card, just free cards.

Edited by MisterBill99

Our offer was Spend $500 and receive $150 credit on Statement. I need to verify the TA will charge the AMEX against RCL vs their own busioness account.

I have that offer on my card, I just don't have the card yet to use it! I applied for the free blue card last week, it let me login and put it on my card. Now I'm just waiting on the card to have a CVV and expiration date!!!

The offer says it is not good for that although some have said it would go thru even though it says that.

I can't say with 100% certainty, but with Royal, all of the charges looked the same. If it were me, I would try it, worst case it doesn't trigger the $150 you get the money back on your cruise in 2 months.

Edited by MisterBill99

I have that offer on my card, I just don't have the card yet to use it! I applied for the free blue card last week, it let me login and put it on my card. Now I'm just waiting on the card to have a CVV and expiration date!!!

Hi Karen,

You should have no worries. The offer expires on Oct 31st. It's also good on Celebrity. We're going to $500 for two billings cycles. (closes on 20th each month) So we're going to do Sept & Oct. pay $1000, get $300 credit. Gotta love it.

Hi Karen,

You should have no worries. The offer expires on Oct 31st. It's also good on Celebrity. We're going to $500 for two billings cycles. (closes on 20th each month) So we're going to do Sept & Oct. pay $1000, get $300 credit. Gotta love it.

Can you use the offer a second time if it's a different billing??? I didn't know that.

Hi Karen,

I'm confused. Is this some generic travel offer or a specific Celebrity offer under the "AMEX Offers" section of the website/app?

I'm confused. Is this some generic travel offer or a specific Celebrity offer under the "AMEX Offers" section of the website/app?

Sign on your AMEX

Click on Benefits

Click on Amex offers

Click on Get Started

Scroll down to the bottom

Click on Load More <----- a must do!

find the Celebrity/RCL offer.

Click on Add to card

I suggest that you use the card of the authorized card holder. Once you 'add to card', the offer then disappears when you sign back on as it's loaded to the account.

Good luck and have a Good Time cruising!