AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

I don't see why not. I mean AMEX is attempting to entice all to use their card. So we're going to. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.But I'm thinking it does.

Have you ever used an AMEX Offer? I have, many times. Unless they say they are valid for multiple uses, they are only valid one time. A new statement period makes no difference.

Sign on your AMEX

Click on Benefits

Click on Amex offers

Click on Get Started

Scroll down to the bottom

Click on Load More <----- a must do!

find the Celebrity/RCL offer.

Click on Add to card

I suggest that you use the card of the authorized card holder. Once you 'add to card', the offer then disappears when you sign back on as it's loaded to the account.

I know how to find them, and I don't have it. I had the Royal Caribbean offer a couple of weeks ago but it was specific to Royal. It's no longer available for new loads since I do not see it available for clipping. In any event, it would not have done me any good for Celebrity as charges from there post as Celebrity and not Royal.

And the offers don't disappear when you clip them, they move to the "Activated" tab. There is no need to sign off/on. Also, if you have an authorized user card, you can load the offer (and use it) on both cards, assuming you have it available on both. Offers will disappear from the list of available offers on other cards on the same login once you load it on one card. The way around this is to open multiple tabs in the browser and select a different card in each window and expand the Offers list BEFORE loading it to any card.

Edited by MisterBill99

Have you ever used an AMEX Offer? I have, many times. Unless they say they are valid for multiple uses, they are only valid one time. A new statement period makes no difference.

I'm going to try it anyway. Most offers expire in 30 days or less. Not so for this current offer. The current offer is for Celebrity. Royal's just recently expired. And yes, I've used it before. Multiple times.

I know how to find them, and I don't have it. I had the Royal Caribbean offer a couple of weeks ago but it was specific to Royal. It's no longer available for new loads since I do not see it available for clipping. In any event, it would not have done me any good for Celebrity as charges from there post as Celebrity and not Royal.

Everyone doesn't get the same offers. Even if they have the same Amex card. Don't know how they pick what to offer who but some are by location. For example I have Clyde's: MD and VA locations only. I don't think someone in New Jersey would have that offer. I do have Royal Caribbean. I had Amazon. There are a bunch for places I have shopped at. Sur La Table, Clyde's, Best Buy. But others I have not, Casper, Target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try it anyway. Most offers expire in 30 days or less. Not so for this current offer. The current offer is for Celebrity. Royal's just recently expired. And yes, I've used it before. Multiple times.

My Royal offer is still valid and offers are often valid for more than 30 days. I doubt it will work, but good luck trying to redeem an offer again after it already shows as redeemed. Be sure to post if it works.

Edited by MisterBill99

Everyone doesn't get the same offers. Even if they have the same Amex card. Don't know how they pick what to offer who but some are by location. For example I have Clyde's: MD and VA locations only. I don't think someone in New Jersey would have that offer. I do have Royal Caribbean. I had Amazon. There are a bunch for places I have shopped at. Sur La Table, Clyde's, Best Buy. But others I have not, Casper, Target.

Yes, I know that not everyone get the same offers (I have close to 20 different AMEX cards, between different accounts and authorized users). And I have 90 offers available on some cards and most are for places I've never heard of and would never shop at. But every once in a while you get a gem like this one.

My Royal offer is still valid and offers are often valid for more than 30 days. I doubt it will work, but good luck trying to redeem an offer again after it already shows as redeemed. Be sure to post if it works.

I agree- I don't think it will work again if it is not back in your offers for you to clip the coupon.

I agree- I don't think it will work again if it is not back in your offers for you to clip the coupon.

I used the Royal Caribbean offer on September 1 and had the $75 credit two days later. I just checked (still in the same billing period) and the offer is no longer in my "saved" offers, and not available to select again. No possible chance of using the offer again. I did not receive the Celebrity offer, so that saved me some money and vacation time :D

I used the Royal Caribbean offer on September 1 and had the $75 credit two days later. I just checked (still in the same billing period) and the offer is no longer in my "saved" offers, and not available to select again. No possible chance of using the offer again. I did not receive the Celebrity offer, so that saved me some money and vacation time :D

I have two Amex cards and the offers are different on each card. On my Platinum Card I have the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offers. On my other "lessor" card, no annual fee, I have Crystal and Oceania. LOL.

I have two Amex cards and the offers are different on each card. On my Platinum Card I have the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offers. On my other "lessor" card, no annual fee, I have Crystal and Oceania. LOL.

I don't understand how come these offers never show up for me. I have Gold and Platinum and there are no crystals or royal offers on either.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I don't understand how come these offers never show up for me. I have Gold and Platinum and there are no crystals or royal offers on either.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Have you ever used your Amx card for any RCL charges? We had used that card for a couple of RCL charges and got the RCL offer on it. Not sure if that is why.

Many of the Platinum and Gold cards don't have the cruise offers. And I don't think it has anything to do with charging RCL on a particular card. The offers come on my free Blue amex but not on my platinum. I think it's a random selection for marketing.

I can't see how an offer can used more than 1 time for a selected card. Maybe if its a joint account it works somehow. No clue. I also don't understand why anyone would have 20 Amex accounts. Wow. I'm sure there is a story behind that Misterbill :p

Many of the Platinum and Gold cards don't have the cruise offers. And I don't think it has anything to do with charging RCL on a particular card. The offers come on my free Blue amex but not on my platinum. I think it's a random selection for marketing.

I can't see how an offer can used more than 1 time for a selected card. Maybe if its a joint account it works somehow. No clue. I also don't understand why anyone would have 20 Amex accounts. Wow. I'm sure there is a story behind that Misterbill :p

I don't think an offer can be used more than one time but I never tried.

Bill didn't say he had 20 accounts. He said 20 cards. So if you have authorised users they get their own card on an account. As AMEX has Charge cards and credit cards, like Blue, and brand cards like Starwood, Hilton, and Delta. Used to have Jet Blue and Costco, and business cards, I could see someone getting up to 20 cards if they have authorised users.

Edited by Charles4515

Bill didn't say he had 20 accounts. He said 20 cards. So if you have authorised users they get their own card on an account. As AMEX has Charge cards and credit cards, like Blue, and brand cards like Starwood, Hilton, and Delta. Used to have Jet Blue and Costco, and business cards, I could see someone getting up to 20 cards if they have authorised users.

Correct, 20 cards not 20 accounts. And it's actually down by a couple recently since the Costco card went away and my Serve prepaid card got shut down.

But for the other cards, it's mostly variations of Blue cards that my wife and I opened to get bonuses over the years. Also a Hilton and the old Optima card. My kids are authorized users on a couple of them. None of them have any annual fee but I've easily made several thousand dollars on the over the year (heck, I made $750 on 10 cards on the last Royal offer!). They came in very handy when Small Business Saturday offered $30 worth of free stuff per card a couple of years ago. Anyway, I digress.

Edited by MisterBill99

Correct, 20 cards not 20 accounts. And it's actually down by a couple recently since the Costco card went away and my Serve prepaid card got shut down.

But for the other cards, it's mostly variations of Blue cards that my wife and I opened to get bonuses over the years. Also a Hilton and the old Optima card. My kids are authorized users on a couple of them. None of them have any annual fee but I've easily made several thousand dollars on the over the year (heck, I made $750 on 10 cards on the last Royal offer!). They came in very handy when Small Business Saturday offered $30 worth of free stuff per card a couple of years ago. Anyway, I digress.

I did not know that you could keep the accounts active and still get the sign up bonus's on them. I have always closed them out and then re-applied a few months later to get the sign up bonus again. Thanks for the info

I did not know that you could keep the accounts active and still get the sign up bonus's on them. I have always closed them out and then re-applied a few months later to get the sign up bonus again. Thanks for the info

Let me clarify. I got the sign-up bonus when I opened the accounts. I don't continue to get them on existing accounts. But I do get AMEX Offers on them. If your credit is good enough, there's not a lot of harm in keeping the accounts open, since it increases the average age of your account, which is a good thing. At some point AMEX may tell me that I have too many accounts if I apply for a new one, but it hasn't happened yet (in fairness I have only opened one new one in the past few years and that was in my wife's name since she had the bonus offer).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Royal Caribbean offer is back, spend $450 get $100 back, expires 1/15/17, I got it on a number of Blue-type cards. I've also got one valid on Holland America, Carnival or Princess on a bunch of cards. Wish I'd get one for Celebrity, I've got an expensive cruise coming up next year!