Lobster Tails-How many have you ate?

kdziewik

A

I have aten 4 once.

Crackin' me up.

This bugs me almost as much as people who can't spell the word "definitely." It has to be the most misspelled word on this site, and you can always tell who can't spell it because spell check changes it to "defiAntly," totally different word altogether but they never seem to notice that it's being changed because it's not spelled with an "A" in the first place. It's "definItely," not "definAtely." So annoying. Rant over.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I usually eat just 1, but on one cruise I had 2. Felt guilty about asking for the second one. I am shocked at how many some people eat.:eek: It's not so much that they eat that many, but that they don't care if some people don't get any because they run out. For the people that eat so many, doesn't it bother you that you are taking away from others?

I am not looking to turn this thread into something other than what the OP was asking about. I just think that some of you should think about what your actions are doing to others. No need to reply here, but just to think about it.

Kind of makes you wonder if the availability of lobster tails isn't the REAL reason some people prefer the early seating... :rolleyes:

I prefer not to eat them on the ship because I eat them enough at home but my Husband will have 2 or 3. I noticed a bunch of people say that they may run out in the 2nd seating and if that is true then it is poor planning on the dining room's part. The tails are frozen to begin with so there is no way they should be running out.

Edited by KarenR122

I prefer not to eat them on the ship because I eat them enough at home but my Husband will have 2 or 3. I noticed a bunch of people say that they may run out in the 2nd seating and if that is true then it is poor planning on the dining room's part. The tails are frozen to begin with so there is no way they should be running out.

What does being frozen have to do with it? They still have to stock the ship based on anticipated usage of all ingredients, whether fresh or frozen. If you have an unusually large number of a certain dish being ordered on first seating, then it is possible to run out. The best they can do is plan based on historic ordering patterns.

A couple of people have reported second seating not being able to get them because - they were told by their server - they were all eaten by the first seating. I won't eat one anymore (the one trying convinced me it wasn't all that), but it seems like to be fair there SHOULD be a limit per person so that each seating has a chance. If I was second seating AND I liked them and wanted one, I would be pretty cheesed off to find out that they were all eaten during the earlier seating - especially seeing people getting 8, or 11...or someone getting 2 and having her husband who wasn't going to eat it get one and then she only eats two.

I always get to the MDR early and try to order super fast before the rest of the passenger , no appetizers on formal night

I loved this thread...and the honest answers.... As for those worried that the person eating 11 is the reason the person getting 0 was slighted, it's very unlikely it was the same ship. I think ordering multiple of something has always been a "feature" for cruises, and guests certainly have the right to ask for whatever. It seems this was a supply problem on the one or two cruises where they ran out, in which case the servers may have been alerted. I think someone eating 8, 11 or whatever lobster tails is MUCH better than food going bad because it was not eaten on the cruise. Wonder how much they end up throwing away by the end of the cruise?

Wait those are the one I have caught and cooked, we know warm water

lobster LOL. On a cruise ship, quality is hit or miss, most times miss, WAY OVER COOKED, it is a very small temp or timing window to get lobster cooked right. However, I always try one never more. Also sometimes the sea food vendor has a problem with employees that leave the lobster in a processing solution too long and they become mushy when cooked.

I loved this thread...and the honest answers.... As for those worried that the person eating 11 is the reason the person getting 0 was slighted, it's very unlikely it was the same ship. I think ordering multiple of something has always been a "feature" for cruises, and guests certainly have the right to ask for whatever. It seems this was a supply problem on the one or two cruises where they ran out, in which case the servers may have been alerted. I think someone eating 8, 11 or whatever lobster tails is MUCH better than food going bad because it was not eaten on the cruise. Wonder how much they end up throwing away by the end of the cruise?

They're pretty efficient with the food, so I doubt very much that they're throwing out much food, because it was never served. Food that people order or take from the buffet, but don't end up eating, is likely the bigger waste.

Eating some ridiculous number of lobster tails is definitely not some heroic deed to prevent food waste. It is simply gluttony. But it's probably not a major problem, because I think it's a pretty tiny percentage who would behave that way.

I agree with your assertion. I find this thread odd but entertaining. Why would someone eat more than 2 in one sitting? Also, I've heard it reported that the 2nd dinner service runs out due to the 1st dinner service. Makes sense now we hear from a few that were honest here.

Because they're small and people get hungry?

Zero. Ever. In my entire lifetime!! But I have heard that others really enjoy them. Personally I don't eat food that still looks like the original owner! But that is just a strange bugaboo that I have.

I know what you mean. God not only hid them under water, he also gave them armor and weapons. I take that as a sign.

And don't get me started about clams.

I don't think k that people eating many lobster is gluttony, I eat until I'm full why not eating something that you like and that is expensive in your city.

I read that ( sometimes)you can find lobster tail at the buffets I wonder if they are the lobster that people won't order after second seating and they want to get rid of them.

I don't think k that people eating many lobster is gluttony, I eat until I'm full why not eating something that you like and that is expensive in your city.

Gluttony is not a crime. It's just a word that means over-consumption of food.

I'm now allergic to shellfish, so I just sop up my tears with my dinner roll while the lobster flies by.

That sucks big time. I would need counseling in your situation. :(

For the love of grammar, please stop responding to this thread so that I don't have to keep cringing at the title every time I pull up this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just pretend you never seen it.

For the love of grammar, please stop responding to this thread so that I don't have to keep cringing at the title every time I pull up this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Oops!!!! But it's very easy to scroll past it and ignore:)

Edited by kdziewik