Lobster Tails-How many have you ate?

kdziewik

My wife and I were on the Oasis where I had 0 tails (Lobster that is...haha). My wife LOVES Lobster, and on the night it was in the MDR she said it was probably going to be a small tail so she ordered 2 of them. She also says to me "get a lobster tail with your meal I LOVE lobster" (she did not want to feel like an oinker). Upon the dishes arriving at the table I can see the tails they were HUGH. She is like I will barely eat 2 let alone the one you got:eek:. When dinner was over everyone was looking at me saying things like WOW you got a lobster tail and you didn't even eat it?, are you going to waste food like that?......:o (This is a side note for all the young couples out there) men do not call your wives out on this and say "she told me to order it, in fact I do not even like lobster" like I did. One guy at our 10 top table says to my wife "WoW you were going to eat 3 tails?" I guess it made her feel like an oinker, next time I will just say "I never had it so I tried it here since it came with the cruise." One of lives lessons learned:D In conclusion, my wife ate only 2 tails.

I............can't.............I............just...............can't.............AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Had to sit on my hands.

Edited by iheartbda

In one dinner...my friend had 8 plus 2 to go, so I am curious how many others have ate at one dinner.

Makes one wonder if some people did not get any at a later sitting . Would your friend eat that many in a restaurant if he had to pay for them????

Not in the MDR, but at the picnic on Labadee on the Allure's maiden voyage. I had nothing else, just 4 lobster tails on a paper plate, while sitting outside under a tree in beautiful Labadee on a gorgeous sunny day. Best lunch I have ever had.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

Zero. Ever. In my entire lifetime!! But I have heard that others really enjoy them. Personally I don't eat food that still looks like the original owner! But that is just a strange bugaboo that I have.

My granddaughter won't eat anything that has a face. I try to convince her that chickens don't have faces. She hasn't eaten meat since the 6th grade and just finished her first year of college.

I've done 3 tails at dinner on cruises, mainly because they're not great. In Maine once when we had a picnic, DH and I each ate 6 chicken lobsters.

Free lobsters just hauled out of the water is heaven on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I............can't.............I............just...............can't.............AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I feel your pain :p

As far as lobster goes, the most I've eaten is two. I can't help be conscious of calories on a cruise. While I don't try to lose weight, I usually make an attempt to get off the ship weighing the same as I did when I boarded. I can't say the same for my suitcase :eek: :D

Makes one wonder if some people did not get any at a later sitting . Would your friend eat that many in a restaurant if he had to pay for them????

A couple of people have reported second seating not being able to get them because - they were told by their server - they were all eaten by the first seating. I won't eat one anymore (the one trying convinced me it wasn't all that), but it seems like to be fair there SHOULD be a limit per person so that each seating has a chance. If I was second seating AND I liked them and wanted one, I would be pretty cheesed off to find out that they were all eaten during the earlier seating - especially seeing people getting 8, or 11...or someone getting 2 and having her husband who wasn't going to eat it get one and then she only eats two.

Lobster is one of my favorite foods and I rarely eat it around here where it is overpriced and often served pretentiously. I also feel like while it is delicious, it is something I shouldn't eat too often since I don't want to contribute to it being over-fished. So, it is a treat for me.

I've eaten my share of it during summers in New Hampshire and Maine which is where it became one of my favorite foods. Huge lobsters would be served for $10 or so. Just really excellent.

I will see how the cruise stuff compares. I know I've read that it's generally warm water lobster which I'm not sure that I've ever had. I'm willing to try it and see. I don't expect it to be like in Maine but hopefully it will be good.

Hi

After a fantastic meal in the steak house on Royal princess last November the waiter was ready to take our dessert order everything seemed heavy so I asked if I could get 4 lobster tails for dessert and they where delicious

in jan 2016, I ate 10. Never again since i got sick afterward. Next time i drop it down to 6. I got lab test done and everything, but it was fine. i weren't sure it one of the lobster tail was little undercooked or my body couldn't handle that much. Of course, at the end, I alway tip them for giving me that many.