Premium Water?

QuakerBoy

Reading the Celebrity description of what's offered with the Classic and Premium beverage package, I'm a bit confused. Apparently, I can get all the bottled water I want with the Classic, but if I want "premium water," I will need to upgrade packages. What the heck is "premium water," and why do I need it? If I stay with the Classic package, what "non premium water" can I get?

If you want "premium water", the ones with the designer labels - Fiji, Perrier, etc. - you will need the Premium Beverage Package. If you have the Classic Beverage Package you will get generic bottled water.

Yes, the fact is, water is water and the ship's water out of the tap is as healthy (maybe healthier) as anything in a bottle.

You may have missed it on X's website here, from there you can decide if it is worth it or not to upgrade.

Sometimes the web site can be difficult to navigate or see the titles at the top of pages.

Bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

You also get the flavored Vitamin Water which I love. I enjoy the San Pellagino with dinner every night. These are important to some and not to others. I personally enjoy these treats on my vacation. :)

Yes, the fact is, water is water and the ship's water out of the tap is as healthy (maybe healthier) as anything in a bottle.

If water is water, why don't you drink sea water as well? ;) (No, not a real question.)

What comes to the healthiness of the water onboard, chlorine added to ship's water is a known cause for water retention which is already a problem for many because of all the alcohol and salty foods onboard. So while the tap water isn't necessarily bad for you, it definitely isn't "healthier" or even "as healthy".

Only thing the ship's tap water excels in is the lower amount of impurities (because of the added chlorine and shorter storage time), but even that difference has no real life effect.

The chlorine is one of the big reasons why we always drink only bottled water on our Celebrity cruises.

As said, one can't get sparkling/mineral water with classic pkg and we always have San Pellegrino or Perrier besides other drinks with meals (especially in hot climates the minerals (salts) are essential for me to fight dehydration as I sometimes "forget" to drink enough).

For still water the generic brand onboard works just fine.

If you want to avoid drinking the ship's water, be careful not to have any drinks with or made with ice. :rolleyes:

All water through any appliances in bars/restaurants is carbon filtered, so no chlorine there. Any other wannabe witty remarks?

Edited by Demonyte

Demonyte;50261967 If water is water, why don't you drink sea water as well? ;) (No, not a real question.)

I drink desalinated sea water.

What comes to the healthiness of the water onboard, chlorine added to ship's water is a known cause for water retention which is already a problem for many because of all the alcohol and salty foods onboard. So while the tap water isn't necessarily bad for you, it definitely isn't "healthier" or even "as healthy".

Actually, you are wrong on every count. I own an ocean going boat. I have a water maker aboard. I make healthy drinking water from sea water. No chlorine is added to a water desalinator on a ship. There is no "none cause" for water retention on a ship due to chlorine, because there is no chlorine. The tap water on a ship is subject to strict health regulations. Bottled water, especially those bottled outside the US, are subject to few, if any, health regulations.

Only thing the ship's tap water excels in is the lower amount of impurities (because of the added chlorine and shorter storage time), but even that difference has no real life effect.

There you go again, making stuff up.

The chlorine is one of the big reasons why we always drink only bottled water on our Celebrity cruises.

Drink whatever you want, but ship's water has no added chlorine.

As said, one can't get sparkling/mineral water with classic pkg and we always have San Pellegrino or Perrier besides other drinks with meals (especially in hot climates the minerals (salts) are essential for me to fight dehydration as I sometimes "forget" to drink enough).

The known problems with bottled sparkling water, especially those from foreign countries, is lower health standards, potential for kidney stones, potential for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and relatively high sodium content.

For still water the generic brand onboard works just fine.

Which comes back to my original point (and to make it crystal clear, I will dot all the i's and cross all the t's) drinking water is drinking water.

Edited by El Crucero

I own an ocean going boat. I have a water maker aboard. I make healthy drinking water from sea water. No chlorine is added to a water desalinator on a ship.

What you practice on your dinghy has nothing to do with how cruise ships operate.

Here are the facts from a former Chief Engineer having decades of experience on the matter:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40786975&postcount=22

All water through any appliances in bars/restaurants is carbon filtered, so no chlorine there. Any other wannabe witty remarks?

You miss the mark again. ALL potable water on a ship - bar, restaurant, kitchen, tap, restroom - is filtered water, so no chlorine there. Not carbon filtered, but filtered none the less through other filtration technology.

Not sure if I'm clear on the chlorine or no chlorine debate onboard...

What I do know since I live in the country and our house water comes from a well, no chlorine added, is that when I go into town or to a restaurant and happen to try a glass of water I can instantly taste (and smell) the chlorine in that water. Onboard the ship we drink the tap water, bar water/ice, etc. and I have never smelled or tasted chlorine.

"Premium" water are items like Pelligrino and Perrier. If I want regular water we simply drink it out of the tap :). The tap water on ships is fine and is made the same way as many "bottled" waters (Aquafina and Desani are 2 examples) ....via reverse osmosis with some minerals added-back to flavor.

Hank

Will Celebrity allow you to bring a six pack of Perrier lime flavoured bottles or cans onboard. I enjoy drinking them on my balcony.

"Premium" water are items like Pelligrino and Perrier. If I want regular water we simply drink it out of the tap :). The tap water on ships is fine and is made the same way as many "bottled" waters (Aquafina and Desani are 2 examples) ....via reverse osmosis with some minerals added-back to flavor.

Hank

The known problems with bottled sparkling water, especially those from foreign countries, is lower health standards, potential for kidney stones, potential for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and relatively high sodium content.

France and Italy will really appreciate that you have stated that they have lower health standards than USA. I know Italy has a lot of economic problems but to state that they have lower health standards I don't think is correct. I know which country I would rather be in if I get sick and I am hospitalised due to the high cost of health in the US!

Each to his own, we enjoy our sparking water at dinner with a glass of wine and will continue having it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Will Celebrity allow you to bring a six pack of Perrier lime flavoured bottles or cans onboard. I enjoy drinking them on my balcony.

Yep. We have never been hassled when bringing any non-alcohol drinks such as diet soda (DW often brings liters). Am sure they will have no issue with Perrier. They do have regular Perrier aboard.. (covered by the Premium Drink Package) but I do not recall flavored Perrier.

Hank

Someone mentioned that the cause of swelling feet is from drinking the water on board. Could anyone tell me why this would be? I never have a problem with my feet swelling except on cruises yet I don't think I drink a lot of water and I don't have cocktails with ice either.

Someone mentioned that the cause of swelling feet is from drinking the water on board. Could anyone tell me why this would be? I never have a problem with my feet swelling except on cruises yet I don't think I drink a lot of water and I don't have cocktails with ice either.

Do you fly to the cruise? A lot of folks experience feet swelling from flying.

Do you fly to the cruise? A lot of folks experience feet swelling from flying.

Sometimes we do but not always. Last cruise we drove to New York and cruised from there and my feet still swelled. Although, thinking about it, they did not swell as much. Next cruise we are flying to Vancouver but 4 days ahead of the cruise so I will take note. Thanks for that thought.