Flameless Candles

tootsie7

Has anyone taken flameless candles (battery operated) on any of the Carnival ships?

We are leaving on the Breeze on June 19 and I would like to take these to use as a

night light in the bathroom. Most ships don't really have a good spot for a night light in the bathroom.

I think it's a great idea and might have to take a couple on my next cruise!! :D I'd just be afraid that the Cabin Steward(ess) might not know and/or understand what they are and since candles aren't allowed, he/she might confiscate them. I mean, they're from countries that aren't Canada (where I'm from) or the USA so may never have seen or heard of flameless/battery operated candles before. Just a thought.

I took some flameless tea lights on my cruise in May, they worked great and the battery lasted all week. I put two in the bathroom and two on the counter. They provided a soft glow and just enough light to maneuver around in your stateroom at night.

When I checked in, Security opened my carry-on and looked at them and didn't know what they were and was just about to confiscate them when another Security employee came over and said they were o.k.

Has anyone taken flameless candles (battery operated) on any of the Carnival ships?

We are leaving on the Breeze on June 19 and I would like to take these to use as a

night light in the bathroom. Most ships don't really have a good spot for a night light in the bathroom.

I have taken them several times. We use them on our balcony instead of turning on the outside night at light. That way we have some mood lighting and we don't disturb our neighbors with our outside light.

Mine is a set of three of differing sizes that look like real candles. Never had an issue with the steward thinking they were real. When you look there is a bulb instead of a wick so don't think there would be any issue.

Edited by TerReuv

I think it's a great idea and might have to take a couple on my next cruise!! :D I'd just be afraid that the Cabin Steward(ess) might not know and/or understand what they are and since candles aren't allowed, he/she might confiscate them. I mean, they're from countries that aren't Canada (where I'm from) or the USA so may never have seen or heard of flameless/battery operated candles before. Just a thought.

If you show it to your cabin steward and explain what it is, it will not be confiscated.

I take battery operated tea lights on every cruise and leave them on the bathroom counter. Have never had a problem...it never even occurred to me the steward may confiscate them! I buy them at the dollar store in a pack of 2 or 3 and they last a pretty long time. Last cruise my elderly uncle got up in the night to go to the bathroom and went out into the hall instead and got locked out! I gave my Aunt a tea light to use to prevent that from happening again!

I take one or two not only on cruises but when I stay in hotels too, I usually leave the light on in the bathroom for a nightlight but not when there's only one switch that turns on the fan as well.

We always take them.

The first time we brought one, it was in 2009, we were docked in Acapulco until 1:00am. While sitting on the balcony, drinking wine, with the candle on the table, we heard a knock at our door and security was there saying the bridge saw a candle on our balcony. We showed them it was just battery powered, they said it looked so real, then called up to the bridge and all was well.

they are not stupid and I am sure they have seen whatever you chose tobring....a flameless candle or tea light does not remotely resemble a real candle....certainly does not feel like one

Why not take a night light.

Leaving the TV on with the sound off doesn't work anymore? ;)

Doesn't do much good in the bathroom. That's where the OP wants to put the tealights.

Why not take a night light.

I tried that on the Dream. The electricity in the bathroom only works if you turn the light on, so the night light was a bust. My whole thing is I'm trying to avoid turning on bright lights when I get up to use the bathroom at night. I want just enough light to be able to see to do my business, not so much to blind me or wake me up.

Edited by noelbows