Diamond question about drinks loaded.

Question: Are the drinks "loaded" on your card in addition to the Diamond Lounge 5:00-8:00 pm or either or?

Also, can those drinks be used only at that time? Is sparkling water bottles or just bottled water available at the Lounge or can be used with the "free" drinks loaded?

Sorry, but it's been awhile on RCCL. We will be on the Navigator, Jan 6,2017.

TIA!:D

We have select package included next time and also have become diamond

I assume we will be able to order basic cocktails and spirits during the hours from bars. With the bar man knowing we have 3 diamond drinks.

Are they available at all bars, Eg pool bar, pub etc

The three drinks are loaded on your SeaPass daily and must be used during the Diamond Club cocktail hours as specified by the ship you are on (as they vary ship to ship) at most bars on board. They expire if unused each day and are not accumulated. Excluded is the MDR and other specialty dining venues and I believe the Champagne Bar on ships with that lounge. You also have unlimited drinks in the Diamond Club in addition to the three voucher drinks.

The bartenders should realize by the C & A status printed on your SeaPass cards that your vouchers should be used, but you can also remind them of that when you order your drink. You will receive a N/C receipt as they have to run your card through the register to tally the vouchers. As there is no gratuity added with this, in IMO it is considered appropriate tip the bartenders as you would in the Diamond Club.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The three drinks are a lovely treat. The timing mimics that of the Diamond Lounge. We would go to the lounge, have a glass of wine which would be topped off on our way to dinner. After dinner we would use our card for an after dinner drink, then slip into the theater early enough to order a second drink to have through the entertainment. I think we may have ordered one or two frozen drinks during the week as well as a labadoozie, also used our buy one get one free beer or wine, and that was enough for us. I know other people can drink more but I am a one, may two, drink wonder. No one needs to see me dancing on the tables!

"Bob & Leave it all Behind! Thanks for your numerous and detailed responses! :p. I think I've read about 30 different "drink" package questions in the last week. Took a few days off for a staycation & been reading CC for my new cruises planned next year.

"Bob & Leave it all Behind! Thanks for your numerous and detailed responses! :p. I think I've read about 30 different "drink" package questions in the last week. Took a few days off for a staycation & been reading CC for my new cruises planned next year.

You're welcome and thank you for you comments! Bob is by far the expert and one of the most knowledgeable cruisers on this board. Always great and accurate information.

We have select package included next time and also have become diamond

I assume we will be able to order basic cocktails and spirits during the hours from bars. With the bar man knowing we have 3 diamond drinks.

Are they available at all bars, Eg pool bar, pub etc

Policy says at almost every venue...excluding dining room, specialty restaurants and WJ....However on our recent Adventure cruise they were accepting them at the bar in the WJ...so I would say ask at the bar(s) first during the hours of 5:00-8:30pm before ordering.

Policy says at almost every venue...excluding dining room, specialty restaurants and WJ....However on our recent Adventure cruise they were accepting them at the bar in the WJ...so I would say ask at the bar(s) first during the hours of 5:00-8:30pm before ordering.

We were able to use ours at the WJ on Oasis this past Christmas. Like you said, ask before ordering.

Question: Are the drinks "loaded" on your card in addition to the Diamond Lounge 5:00-8:00 pm or either or?

Also, can those drinks be used only at that time? Is sparkling water bottles or just bottled water available at the Lounge or can be used with the "free" drinks loaded?

Sorry, but it's been awhile on RCCL. We will be on the Navigator, Jan 6,2017.

TIA!:D

In addition to what others have already posted about this, you should know there are only certain brands of liquor that is included. Also, only a few kinds of wine. Each of the bars has a list that they are happy to share with you.

Officially bottled water was not included but we had no problems getting bottled water using our 3-drinks per Diamond seapass card perk, during our recent Serenade of the Seas cruise. All during the cocktail hours of course.

Also, even though there is a list of drinks, if you ask the bartender very nicely, you could be pleasantly surprised what drinks you could get.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

We disembarked from Explorer of the Seas today after an Alaska cruise. Diamond Lounge (and card) drink hours were 4:30-8:00 p for this cruise. Maybe because set dining was early at 5:00.

It was a delightful perk. Waiters came to know what we liked, even on a 7-day cruise. I like a gin mojito - basically muddled lime & mint, gin, and seltzer. I also like a gin martini. No problems except the first day when the waiter didn't realize it was OK. He later became very helpful.

We didn't go to the Diamond Lounge for drinks because we were traveling with family who didn't yet get this privilege. We preferred to meet them in one of the bars pre-dinner. This made RCCL's policy much better than Celebrity's. On Celebrity when we are traveling with friends who don't get this privilege we just give up on the free drinks.

Beth

We've always gotten bottled water with our vouchers ... between the two of us, 6 bottles an evening! Of course, if I decide to have some wine before dinner, all bets are off!

We have not been able to get bottled water with the vouchers since December. We have sailed the Serenade, Brilliance and Freedom since December. Prior to that, seems we could use the vouchers for bottled water.

M

Bottled water is not included in the free drinks in the lounge or with the vouchers.

You are wrong. We got water and soft drinks with our D+ coupons both on the Serenade in January and February and on the jewel in April and May.

We have not been able to get bottled water with the vouchers since December. We have sailed the Serenade, Brilliance and Freedom since December. Prior to that, seems we could use the vouchers for bottled water.

M

Our cruises on Serenade were 21 days in both January and February this year and we could get bottled water then.