Dom Perignon

surfjock27

I apologize if this has been asked in the past, I did a quick search and nothing came up.

We are on the Vista in December, with Cheers! and are big Dom Perignon drinkers.

Is Dom served on board, and if so, by the glass or bottle only?

We normally bring our own bottle on board, but figured that with Cheers! we may not need to.

Thanks in advance :)

I apologize if this has been asked in the past, I did a quick search and nothing came up.

We are on the Vista in December, with Cheers! and are big Dom Perignon drinkers.

We normally bring our own bottle on board, but figured that with Cheers! we may not need to.

Pretty sure they do have it in the Steakhouse... And, as another poster said, they often have a half-off all bottles of wine on the first night...

BYOB, as in the past...cheaper than the ship. not covered by Cheers. And I don't think it's covered under Steakhouse First Night offerings; free bottles are red or white "ship" selections.

The promotion is free bottle of house white or red or 50% off any bottle of wine. I think it should be covered. Although even half off may be more than what you would pay off the ship.

Edited by dacsmom

Cheers doesn't cover top shelf.

My wife and I enjoyed a bottle of Dom in the Steakhouse a couple of years ago.

We paid $175 at the time.

I don't think they are charging more than $50 a glass for any champagne. Cheers covers that.

And with Cheers you would get 25% off that bottle. :)

Edited by Bookbug53

This is from the Carnival website:

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

I remember taking to a passenger whos wife wanted DP and they had the Cheers program. She wanted a glass of DP, but the bartender told her some "premium" wines and champagnes were only sold by the bottle, not the glass. In that case, Cheers wouldn't apply since the bottle is obviously more than $50

Edited by First and Ten

Well for $241.50 you can order it in advance from Carnival's in room beverage purchase page and have it waiting for you in your storeroom chilled when you board. I hope this helps.:p

The promotion is free bottle of house white or red or 50% off any bottle of wine. I think it should be covered. Although even half off may be more than what you would pay off the ship.

They do have it in the steakhouse at 50% off the first night. I think it's up to approx $200 regular price per bottle so $100 is a deal

Just priced it last weekend at Costco and it was up to $145 a bottle

Well for $241.50 you can order it in advance from Carnival's in room beverage purchase page and have it waiting for you in your storeroom chilled when you board. I hope this helps.:p

I ordered, and received, Blue Moon beer to our stateroom. Waiting for us when we boarded--hot. They might chill the good stuff??????????

This is from the Carnival website:

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

I remember taking to a passenger whos wife wanted DP and they had the Cheers program. She wanted a glass of DP, but the bartender told her some "premium" wines and champagnes were only sold by the bottle, not the glass. In that case, Cheers wouldn't apply since the bottle is obviously more than $50

But you would get a discount by having the cheers package;

25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

Isn't ordering Dom Perignon on Carnival a little bit like ordering Milwaukee's Best or Natural Light on Seabourn or Silversea? 😂

Why?

You think people on Carnival don't celebrate special occasions?

I am not "Rich" by anyone's definition. My wife and I have enjoyed a bottle of Dom once.

I also have friends who are "Rich" by anyone's definition and you wouldn't know it by their actions. Yes, they sail Carnival ( not their first choice), and also sail other lines. And yes, they also enjoy the occasional can of Old Milwaukee.

Don't stereotype. It's not nice.

• 4 months later...

I'm pretty sure Dom wouldn't be available by the glass, but with Cheers, you get a 25% discount off the bottle price.

We were on the Conquest last year and not only got a free bottle of wine at the Steakhouse on the first night, but we were also able to get a bottle of Dom Perigean at half price ($110.00). We saved it on ice for a week and drank it the last day on our deck. Pretty nice. Hope you have the same luck we did.