New menu on Oasis of the Seas

I agree about the missing cold soups being a let down, but am excited to finally see RCCL trying some new menus in the MDR after over 3 years with the current ones. Looking forward to trying many of the dishes that sound excellent. Hopefully, they execute them well, but we have always found something to our liking every evening in the MDR. Just keep ordering til you get something you like.;)

I agree! These new menus look great but sure hope they add the cold fruit soups back in!

I agree with everyone about the cold soups. The strawberry bisque was the best thing I had all week.

This is the only cold soup that I found, and it is offered in the MDR for lunch every day.

We were on the June 15th sailing - the first sailing with the new menus and we had a great experience with them. Our waiter was very upfront about what information he had and did not have, he was able to recommend items and then came back and asked us for our opinion of the food so he could pass the information on.

We also enjoyed the local influence section of the menu.

Here is a link to the Day 1 Menu:

Link:http://s350.photobucket.com/user/theLCC1/library/Oasis%20Menu?sort=3&page=1

I am extremely disappointed to find that the cream of mushroom soup is gone. That is my favorite dish for the whole cruise. Also noticed no more Fisherman's Plate (lobster tail). The lobster tail was not particularly impressive but at least it was there. Seems to be gone, now. Didn't see any rack of lamb but at least the lamb shank is still here. The DH's favorite.

Thanks for posting the new menus! It looks like the menus are numbered in the upper right hand corner. Hopefully this order stays the same for all cruises. It was tricky planning nights at Specialty Restaurants on our last cruise (Liberty) because the menu order was not the same on the eastern/western itinerary. :)

I am extremely disappointed to find that the cream of mushroom soup is gone. That is my favorite dish for the whole cruise. Also noticed no more Fisherman's Plate (lobster tail). The lobster tail was not particularly impressive but at least it was there. Seems to be gone, now. Didn't see any rack of lamb but at least the lamb shank is still here. The DH's favorite.

It's on page or number 6 menu(broiled lobster tail). It appears that is the menu for formal night.

I love all the fruit soups too! Can't believe they aren't on the dinner menu anymore!! My brother will not like this-I swear he cruises just for the fruit soups! lol

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!! First we lose the Viking Crown Lounges and now the chilled soups! Both of these were reasons we loved RCCL. Oh well.......

Rack of Lamb Day 3

Menu 1

Crispy Shrimp, Waldorf Salad, Prime Rib or Chicken Marsala

Menu 2

Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar Salad, Chateaubriand

Menu 3

Pork Tacos, Iceberg Wedge, Rack of Lamb

Menu 4

Poblano soup, Shrimp Cocktail, Veal and/or Short Rib

Menu 5

Crab Cake, Caesar Salad, Duck

Menu 6

Onion Tart, Burrata, Lobster and Filet

Menu 7

Lentil Soup, Shrimp Cocktail, Pappardelle or Prime Rib

Updated to include Day 1

Edited by John&LaLa

Cruising on the Oasis on the July 23rd sailing and I am a vegetarian. The previous menu included several vegetarian choices including the fruit soups :) but the new menu seems to offer very few choices for a vegetarian. Pretty bummed out at this point

The Oasis Day 1 menu that got posted includes a "creamy wild mushroom soup" starter. I wonder if this is a hybrid of the "creamed wild mushrooms" and the "cream of mushroom" (soup).

Either way, I don't expect I'll mind. I love mushrooms so much because I'm a fun guy! :D

It seems that the New England clam chowder is gone :( (I know not everyone will be sad, it seems this is a divisive food item in general :))