No more luggage valet (July 2016)

cruisestitch

This from both Anca (Michael's Club) and Rossy ( Captains Club). The company which did this has not renewed the contract and so far a replacement has not been found.

This is unwelcome news and I hope that Celebrity will be successful in finding a new company.

(( Yes, I know it's still on the website, but the crack Celebrity IT team hope to have it removed in the next five years:) ))

Exactly what do you mean by "luggage valet "?

Is it a service where they pick up your luggage at your home & it is waiting for you on the ship? Or do you mean you carry your own luggage into the terminal?

Luggage Valet is a service Celebrity has in some ports where they will take your luggage, at the end of your cruise, and transport it to the airport where it will be checked in and put aboard your flight.

Luggage Valet is a service Celebrity has in some ports where they will take your luggage, at the end of your cruise, and transport it to the airport where it will be checked in and put aboard your flight.

Thanks, so it is just a post cruise service?

Thanks, so it is just a post cruise service?

For a pre-cruise service, from home directly to ship we have used LUGGAGE FORWARD.

They arrange to have your bag picked up from home (no special packaging-just locked with your cruise ship luggage tags attached) and the next time you see it is when it is delivered to your stateroom.

Not cheap, but sometimes well worth it.

bosco

This from both Anca (Michael's Club) and Rossy ( Captains Club). The company which did this has not renewed the contract and so far a replacement has not been found.

This is unwelcome news and I hope that Celebrity will be successful in finding a new company.

(( Yes, I know it's still on the website, but the crack Celebrity IT team hope to have it removed in the next five years:) ))

I assume that you are currently on board a Celebrity ship and that these are the people on that ship who told you this.

If so, I am betting that it applies only to whatever disembarkation port you will be using.

Yes I am on Sillhouette right now, in British Isles, will disembark Amsterdam. But Luggage Valet was never available in Europe so no, my post did not apply to my current cruise. Anca and Rossy both said that Luggage Valet, as of this moment, will not be offered this winter in FLL and MIA. It is already discontinued in SEA. They have no info about any possible new contractor for this service.

Yes I am on Sillhouette right now, in British Isles, will disembark Amsterdam. But Luggage Valet was never available in Europe so no, my post did not apply to my current cruise. Anca and Rossy both said that Luggage Valet, as of this moment, will not be offered this winter in FLL and MIA. It is already discontinued in SEA. They have no info about any possible new contractor for this service.

Wow. I certainly hope that they are mistaken, misinformed, or that things will quickly change back! :eek:

I just go off of the Solstice, home porting in Seattle. I asked the porter/long shoreman? who was helping me transport the luggage from the ship to the Celebrity shuttle. We got off of the ship on Friday (7/15). He said that the decision to use the Luggage Valet program had nothing to do with the port; strictly the decision of the cruise line. He said he had no idea why Celebrity stopped using it on Fridays, and that it was available and used by the ships that came into and left the port of Saturday.

OFF TOPIC- very sorry cruisestitch but hoping you would do me favor?

I'm on British Isles SIL Aug 6 and hope that Anca will still be onboard? Would you mind asking? She is the BEST!

Thanks and hope your cruise has been a great one! Leave some good weather for us [emoji41]please! Safe travels

Debra

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anca is leaving for her vacation at the end of this cruise and will not be here in August.

Oh NO! If you get a chance, please tell her Debra Gee from Oct Holyland cruise sends BEST REGARDS!

Hope I see you on a cruise to buy a thank you drink.

Leave some good weather for us [emoji41]please! Safe travels

Debra

Our summer weather has only started today and it'll probably be over by the weekend, so I'd still bring a brolly :D.

Our summer weather has only started today and it'll probably be over by the weekend, so I'd still bring a brolly :D.

Oh thank you! I've often found if I bring the brolly- I won't need it! So it ALWAYS gets packed[emoji6]