No more luggage valet (July 2016)

cruisestitch

This from both Anca (Michael's Club) and Rossy ( Captains Club). The company which did this has not renewed the contract and so far a replacement has not been found.

This is unwelcome news and I hope that Celebrity will be successful in finding a new company.

(( Yes, I know it's still on the website, but the crack Celebrity IT team hope to have it removed in the next five years:) ))

Hi Cruisestitch,

Thanks for sharing with us. Interestingly, it was offered on Allure on Sunday. My Sister purchased it, and commented how great the service was.

I wonder if RCCL and X use the same company ? If not, Celebrity should be able to retain the company RCCL currently uses.

Let's hope Celebrity will resolve this as soon as possible.

It was only offered on a finite number of airlines and it never seemed to be one that I was booked on. I would have used it in a heart beat. I always wondered how they could do it for only $20 a bag.

It was per person and not per bag. I have used it several times and I was always surprised how little it was used. If they did not get enough people to sign up they would sometimes cancel it. A new feature recently was no charge for overweight bags, but I am not sure if this feature increased the usage. On a recent cruise it was offered free to Suite guests and it looked like only two or three cabins took advantage of the free offer.

I do hope Celebrity finds a company/airlines that wants to continue the program. I would think that if other cruise lines (unknown) continue to offer this option then there is hope.

This from both Anca (Michael's Club) and Rossy ( Captains Club). The company which did this has not renewed the contract and so far a replacement has not been found.

This is unwelcome news and I hope that Celebrity will be successful in finding a new company.

(( Yes, I know it's still on the website, but the crack Celebrity IT team hope to have it removed in the next five years:) ))

The Luggage Valet program has been discontinued for all Celebrity Cruises ships.

The Luggage Valet program has been discontinued for all Celebrity Cruises ships.

Very disappointed with another Celebrity cutback:mad:. Will be rethinking sailing Celebrity after our current cruise which is unfortunately after final payment.

Edited by Happy2cruise

Given current events, I am rather surprised that luggage valet is still permitted at all. Having luggage checked in for flights by someone other than the owner of the bag seems strange given all of the security measures in place at airports. Not arguing that it's not a real convenience for cruisers. I am aware of Luggage Free, which is similar, but the luggage doesn't travel on your flight.

This was such a great benefit & will be greatly missed. I would think it has been discontinued due to security concerns, but boy, will I ever miss it [emoji30]

Fine. Another reason we have switched to HAL for our next cruise. Sure I will miss a few of our Elite + benefits but I get others from our past HAL cruises so it is close to a wash.

The reasons for loyal X cruises to switch to other lines keep piling up.

Fine. Another reason we have switched to HAL for our next cruise. Sure I will miss a few of our Elite + benefits but I get others from our past HAL cruises so it is close to a wash.

The reasons for loyal X cruises to switch to other lines keep piling up.

With you! We're not Elite on Celebrity (was working our way up) but are Elite on Princess so back to Princess for us.

Given current events, I am rather surprised that luggage valet is still permitted at all. Having luggage checked in for flights by someone other than the owner of the bag seems strange given all of the security measures in place at airports. Not arguing that it's not a real convenience for cruisers. I am aware of Luggage Free, which is similar, but the luggage doesn't travel on your flight.

The bags go through the same TSA checks, such as Xrays, whether the bags are dropped off at the ticketing counter or anywhere else in the airport.

bosco

The bags go through the same TSA checks, such as Xrays, whether the bags are dropped off at the ticketing counter or anywhere else in the airport.

bosco

Yes, but, the person who checks them in must be present.

Yes it's bad news indeed.

ORV, if it was just a question of itnto being profitable there were several things Celebrity could have done, like advertise it more (we see here on CC how many people weren't aware of it) or raise the price. It does appear that it was not Celebrity's decision, it was a case of the contractor not continuing and Celebrity now needing to find a new operator