Equinox Caribbean 10n vs 11night

gordylad

having only visited one of the islands St Maarten can anyone recommend the best itinerary...

10 night.......

Miami, Cayman/George Town, Oranjestad, Kralendijk, Willemstad/Curacao, Key West, Miami

11 night.........

Miami, St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie, Tortola, St. John's/Antigua, Bridgetown, St. Lucia/Castries, Philipsburg, Miami

Thanks

Hands down the southern route for me, the ABC islands. But it might depend on what you hope to do in your ports. A little reading up on the ports, maybe here on the Ports of Call boards to see what is offered. EM

The Dutch islands of Aruba, Bonaire, & Curacao, Although no guarantee, the Southern Caribbean is less prone to hurricanes in September but you still have to contend with getting from and to Miami.

Here's a link to a CC article about cruising during hurricane season.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=884

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

You really can't go wrong with either itinerary, but I just booked the 10 nt because I love Aruba and Bonaire and have never been to Curacao and Key West, whereas I've been to all the ports on the 11 nt.

Another vote for the 10 night to the Southern Caribbean. We are also booked on the 10/6/17 sailing. We love Aruba by night (we love to have dinner at Passions on the Beach), and Bonire and Curacao, along with Key West! Been to all these Islands multiple times, but just love, love, love them!

As others have said, depends on what you like to do when you cruise. The 10 night leaves on a Friday, and returns on a Monday. If you are still working, this may be easier on your vacation time off. The 11 night leaves on a Monday, and return on a Friday, which could use up 10 of your vacation days from work, as opposed with 7 work days. (this is considering you would work M-F with weekends off).

Not as many ships go to the Southern Itinerary. Some of the Islands on the 11 night are very popular cruise port stops, and more easily to get to.

Here is another vote for the 10 night cruise!

Grand Cayman is the place to do the excursion to Sting Ray City. It is amazing to be on the huge sandbar a couple of miles in the ocean and have these beautiful animals take food from your hands. Do Not miss it!!!

On Aruba, take the city bus to Eagle Beach. Great water, gentle sloping beach, and ARUBA! The iguanas of Aruba are also amazing to see. Walk around the grounds of the Renaisance resort and you will see lots of iguanas. The Queen Williaminna Park has a very poignant statue of Anne Frank - as well as lots of iguanas.

We decided to do the 11 night cruise but only because we are doing the ABC islands and Key West this year. The 11 night has 3 ports that we have never done before. Either way, these are both great choices!

We decided to do the 11 night cruise but only because we are doing the ABC islands and Key West this year. The 11 night has 3 ports that we have never done before. Either way, these are both great choices!

We just booked the 11-day on October 16, 2017. I personally am not a fan of Aruba. We have only been to one of the posts on the 11-day, so that is the one we booked. I guess we will see you onboard in only 15 months!

The 11 night has the best islands in the Caribbean included.

Grand Cayman to me is a seen it once type of place.

Aruba and Curacao are closer to the equator and the sun gets a lot stronger there than in the Leeward islands of the Caribbean.

But any way you go it's a win-win.

As far as getting in and out of Miami, DW and I found it much more economical to fly into Fort Lauderdale the night before and stay there, then take a van service to the port of Miami on the morning of the cruise.

The ride takes 30 minutes from FLL. I think the van service was called GO but you can check it on ports of call. They were reasonable, pick up at most hotels, and right on time. Think it cost $12 p/p for a group of 6 plus tip.

Happy cruising.

We just booked the 11-day on October 16, 2017. I personally am not a fan of Aruba. We have only been to one of the posts on the 11-day, so that is the one we booked. I guess we will see you onboard in only 15 months!

Hubby messaged me at work.....with Ive booked this cruise for you for your October Birthday.....we are on her in March for hubby's Retirement cruise....so he booked it so I won't feel left out, never been to Tortola, landed in Grenada, then flew out to Nevis so so so so excited yeayyyyyy thank you Celebrity from your British Fans

We booked the 10 night, May 5th sailing, on Equinox. We've already been to all the ports, most multiple times; however, there is just something we love about Aruba and Curacao. We also still work so the departure days help save 3 vacation days.

When I saw the ten day itinerary of Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao plus Key West and Grand Cayman I had to book it. We've never been to Bonaire but are anxious to go there. We love Aruba, Curaçao and Key West. Couldn't believe I could book one cruise and get to all our favorite places. We are booked on the October 6 cruise. We just did the Equinox earlier this year and love the Solstice ships. I even won a beautiful vase at the Hot Glass show. The eleven night also has great ports, but these are just a cut above in my opinion.

having only visited one of the islands St Maarten can anyone recommend the best itinerary...

10 night.......

Miami, Cayman/George Town, Oranjestad, Kralendijk, Willemstad/Curacao, Key West, Miami

11 night.........

Miami, St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie, Tortola, St. John's/Antigua, Bridgetown, St. Lucia/Castries, Philipsburg, Miami

Thanks

I just booked the 11 night for my May birthday. Have never been to Tortola, but many times to all the other places covered by both cruises. Personnaly, I generally prefer the 10 day cruise stops to those on the 11 day cruise. But, the 11 day is the one that covers my actual birthday!

Regardless of which cruise you take, you will have a good time at any of these ports.

We booked the 10 night, May 5th sailing, on Equinox. We've already been to all the ports, most multiple times; however, there is just something we love about Aruba and Curacao. We also still work so the departure days help save 3 vacation days.

Hi, we (dh,dw, ds) will be on this sailing as well. Can't wait as this is only our second cruise.

I booked the 10 day trip. We vacation in Aruba every year. We love Aruba and were very excited to see that it was included. The weather in the ABC islands is below the hurricane belt and should be good any time you go. They also get very little rain so you if you choose this trip, you should have lots of sunny days. We also enjoy The Caymans and Key West, so we are really looking forward to this cruise.

We booked the 11day cruise. Have been to all islands except Tortola. Any recommendations for that port?:)

If it is offered as an excursion go to Jost Van Dyke. Otherwise, the Baths at Virgin Gorda, especially if you can snorkel in.

The 11 day cruise is what we booked, 05/15/17. We like the Equinox enough that we are on her for a B2B (10 & 11 day but different iteneraries and 5 prior cruises including a Transatlantic ) in February 2017.

In Tortola you can take the ship's excursion or book with the local tours to go to White Beach for your "pain killers". Forget the baths - boring! All of the Islands have lots to do and there is plenty of time to plan ahead.

Hal