shareholder frustration

summercruisin'

The most recent response from Carnival when I asked for Stockholder OBC for my December 2016 & September 2017 cruises:

Thank you for submitting your shareholder brokerage statement. However, the shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through July 31, 2017. In order to apply your onboard credit on your reservation XXXXXX (September 2017), you will need to submit a current statement after March 2017 when the new shareholder benefits are released.

The OBC was applied for my December 2016 (emailed the request for both - same email - was on 07.12.16 and OBC and response was 07.13.16)

I have never once used a PvP and never will. I always email mine in and have it within 3 or 4 days. Also, I've had it not show up online but when I called they said it was there and would show up on my shipboard account and it did. I took my paperwork just in case but didn't need it.

The most recent response from Carnival when I asked for Stockholder OBC for my December 2016 & September 2017 cruises:

Thank you for submitting your shareholder brokerage statement. However, the shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through July 31, 2017. In order to apply your onboard credit on your reservation XXXXXX (September 2017), you will need to submit a current statement after March 2017 when the new shareholder benefits are released.

The OBC was applied for my December 2016 (emailed the request for both - same email - was on 07.12.16 and OBC and response was 07.13.16)

That's exactly right! You can get the credit until Carnival confirms it for the same quarter you are sailing in.

• 2 weeks later...

I just emailed my Shareholder information Wednesday and the credit was applied within 24 hours.

Here are the steps I follow:

1) Wait until the cruise is only 3 or 4 weeks away

2) Get latest PDF statement from broker

3) Email guestadmin@carnival.com with Name, Sail date, Ship, Booking number, and attach the pdf

This process works for me every time, and I have never experienced any delays as others mention. :)

Edited by RjayB
clarification

Forget fax or snail mail. It goes nowhere. After I got zero result, I emailed mine in and got a an acknowledgement with case # and OBC confirmation within 48 hours. Carnival even sent a customer satisfaction survey as a follow up.

As noted above, I faxed my cover sheet, and paperwork from my broker, and got a reply, and posted OBC in two days. No problem!

Euphscott, you can go into your Carnival home page, Manage my booking, cruise details, view cruise documents, then click on "print general information". That will bring up 4 or 5 pages, so scroll down to page 4 which shows the itemized charges. Look just below that, and you'll see the OBC if it's been posted. It'll be in the box labeled "All prices quoted in USD. Hope you find it!

"SKY"

I've gotten the email response it was applied - but no way to verify it is there until onboard the ship correct?

Bring your email response with you just in case. Show it to guest service if OBC doesn't show up on your sail and sign account.

As noted above, I faxed my cover sheet, and paperwork from my broker, and got a reply, and posted OBC in two days. No problem!

Euphscott, you can go into your Carnival home page, Manage my booking, cruise details, view cruise documents, then click on "print general information". That will bring up 4 or 5 pages, so scroll down to page 4 which shows the itemized charges. Look just below that, and you'll see the OBC if it's been posted. It'll be in the box labeled "All prices quoted in USD. Hope you find it!

"SKY"

Thanks for sharing this as I have been trying to find it for weeks now!! Just saw my $100 Shareholders credit.

• 2 weeks later...
I've gotten the email response it was applied - but no way to verify it is there until onboard the ship correct?

Mine has always shown up on my documents.

Go to your "My Cruise Details" page. In the "To-Do List" box click on "View Cruise Documents". Select "Print General Information" and click on "Submit".

When the PDF file comes up scroll to page 4, which should be your invoice. On the left side of the page should be your itemized charges, the box below should show your Onboard Credit.

2b3bac6e8a4dc42005fc6cea3379d41e.jpg

And hopefully the stock doesn't go down and any brokerage fees make it worth your while for such a childish ruse. :cool:

It would be worthwhile... rules are rules, right?

Their stock looks half decent though, I may keep it. Nice little dividend. So I'm happy I found this thread.

Edited by BNBR

Faxes don't harbor spyware and viruses (at least not yet, although I'm sure some hacker in Eastern Europe or China is working on it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the sender, IMO, faxes are no more secure than email or telephone.

Did the US and the rest of the world outsource hackers to Eastern Europe or China? :p

• 4 weeks later...

"SKY"

That worked - although it's not showing Travel agent OBC - perhaps that is done upon boarding. Thanks for the head's up!

I always FAX mine in also and I've never had a problem. I have a cover sheet in Word that I save and update the pertinent information for the new cruise and FAX it over with the latest brokerage statement. Included in my cover sheet I provide my e-mail address and ask for confirmation when it's applied. Works like a charm for me. Plus I have a home FAX and it's easier to me than e-mailing with attachments.