early arrivals/risers

JGB

fellow cruisers...for those who board 5 or 6 hours prior to sailing how do you occupy your time,other than eating of course.

and while we are on it...for those early risers how do you spend your time before the remainder of the ship gets going?

Before sailing, I walk around and get to know the ship. Like to do that before it gets too crowded. I usually grab a drink of the day, the Fun Times, and just wander aimlessly.

When I wake before anyone else, I like to take pictures around the ship. You can get some really cool shots.

Head to my cabin to drop off my bag (Fttf is a must if not platinum), head to grab a good burger and a refreshing cocktail. Then we find a good seat at the lobby bar to watch everyone come on the ship. About 1ish I take a nap before the emergency drill. Then I'm refreshed for the rest of the night!!!

Mornings after I've ordered room service (the bagels, smoked salmon n cream cheese, hot coffee with rum chatta are fantastic) sit on the balcony and watch the world go by without a care in the world!!! Maybe I'll go to the gym once or twice but not everyday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by CruiseCrazedQT

We always get on as early as we can. The sooner you get on the ship the sooner your cruise starts. Always some thing to do. Now our rooms are ready when we get on so we start setting up our cabin for the week to come. Lunch is always a good time then off to see the M'D to make sure our table is to our liking. A little ship exploring if it's a ship we haven't been on then maybe time for a nap before the boat drill. Our luggage always gets to us early so we unpack. After boat drill time for a drink and sail away .

Oh Darn what a tough life us cruises live.Enjoy your cruise every one.

Edited by woodman
No idol time on a cruise

When we board early, we eat and then enjoy the empty hot tubs and take advantage of other activities that will be crowded later, like the basketball court or ropes course. We have a couple hours of fun before we have to get ready for the muster drill.

Now that I have a preteen and teen, I'm usually the only one up early, so I have a relaxed breakfast with a book and hot tea or cocoa, preferably on a lounger in the morning sun.

FTTF to get on as early as possible so we can drop off carry on, get spa pass and check out the ship before it's so crowded. Best part of cruise is waking up early and sitting on our balcony reading and enjoying the views and quiet. Well worth it getting up so early.

Ships are still very much active the first day. Food, drinks, pools, etc. It's not terribly different than any other day. Plus with unpacking and exploring the ship (if it's a new one for you) - the day goes by quite fast. It's not a bad idea to get on as early as you can, as it's very much a "first day" of the cruise.

It is now my norm to have FttF, so I do get on fairly early, and that is most often between 11.30 and 12.00, but can be later depending on some variables. First thing I do is check out my room, drop my carry on, and then take a walk around the ship. Get a bite to eat, find a nice spot to sit and relax a while, and wait until muster drill.

I have been an early riser most of my life, and it is also my usual practise to get up early on vacation be it a cruise or otherwise. I love to see the ship quiet and crowd free, and love even better to watch the sun come up over the ocean.

I retired from my second career a year ago, and since then find that I am finally learning to sleep later ( admit, I am going to bed later too ), but I do love now to wake up in the morning and know that I don't always HAVE to get up for work. So this coming cruise I am wondering if I will still be sleeping later in the morning. I guess I better put that snoozing sign out the night before.:)

It is now my norm to have FttF, so I do get on fairly early, and that is most often between 11.30 and 12.00, but can be later depending on some variables. First thing I do is check out my room, drop my carry on, and then take a walk around the ship. Get a bite to eat, find a nice spot to sit and relax a while, and wait until muster drill.

I have been an early riser most of my life, and it is also my usual practise to get up early on vacation be it a cruise or otherwise. I love to see the ship quiet and crowd free, and love even better to watch the sun come up over the ocean.

I retired from my second career a year ago, and since then find that I am finally learning to sleep later ( admit, I am going to bed later too ), but I do love now to wake up in the morning and know that I don't always HAVE to get up for work. So this coming cruise I am wondering if I will still be sleeping later in the morning. I guess I better put that snoozing sign out the night before.:)

So with FTTF you get on around 11:30 - 12? Is that your preference or is that about when FTTF normally boards?

We have a staggered check in time of 11 - 11:30 but no FTTF. I'm curious, would I just check in and then stand and wait for awhile before boarding?

So with FTTF you get on around 11:30 - 12? Is that your preference or is that about when FTTF normally boards?

We have a staggered check in time of 11 - 11:30 but no FTTF. I'm curious, would I just check in and then stand and wait for awhile before boarding?

Your check in is 11-11:30, but not boarding. Check in is just where you are checking in, like for a flight. You can check in online for a flight, but not for a ship, lol. You show your boarding documents, get your photo, and get your sign and sail card. You will be seated then until your "zone" or group is called to board. Wedding parties, Diamonds and Platinum board first, then FTTF, then the zones start being called. We are platinum and usually board between 11:30 and 12, depends on the individual circumstances though

When we get on the ship as soon as we are able, we then go to the Atrium bar and have a drink or two and watch incoming people. Then we will go get our lunch. After that, explore the ship and wait for our luggage to arrive. If it arrives early enough, unpack and get that out of the way. Before we know it, it's time for muster. Then dinner. Time flies when you're having fun.

When on the ship, I awake usually around 7-8. Coffee always first priority. Sometimes the gym or walk around the ship.

I'm an early riser. Usually only sleep about 4 hours. Late to bed early to rise. I like to sit out on the balcony in the dark and watch the sun rise then I head over to the buffet as soon as it opens and enjoy my breakfast in a really empty and quiet lido.

fellow cruisers...for those who board 5 or 6 hours prior to sailing how do you occupy your time,other than eating of course.

and while we are on it...for those early risers how do you spend your time before the remainder of the ship gets going?

It's the best time when most are asleep.

im a really early riser. I get up, take two travel mugs, and wait for them to set up the coffee (yes that's how early). I walk around and just savor that time, it's so beautiful. Sun barely up if at all. Then I go back to the cabin and read. Then I hit the specialty coffee place and then cruise around some more. Eventually I find a place to park myself with my book.

• 1 month later...

What's the earliest you can get coffee? I'm a VERY early riser (5:30 is sleeping in for me on vacation). I've never waited until 7 to have my morning coffee before. Is there somewhere to get is earlier than that? We will be sailing on the Valor. Yes, it will be our first time.