NOROVIRUS on the Allure of the Seas right NOW!

Greek50

Because having a sink there would be messy; because they assume people have washed their hands after going to the bathroom; because it is better than nothing; and because sanitizer does kill other bugs.

Quantum and Anthem do have hand washing stations and everyone I saw used them. Wish they were on all ships.

I got an email from the ship today regarding our arrival time to Allure tomorrow. It did not mention anything about a delayed boarding or Noro.

That being said we will keep our hand washing to our frequent and high standards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by A&L_Ont

I got an email from the ship today regarding our arrival time to Allure tomorrow. It did not mention anything about a delayed boarding or Noro.

That being said we will keep our hand washing to our frequent and high standards.

Andrew I thought about you while I was reading this. Wasn't sure if you had seen, I was debating sharing the link on your review, but didn't want to worry you either :D

Have a great cruise!!!

If there are any back to backers on your cruise you're gonna have your work cut out for you on the wave based on what I just saw at the best of competition!

Everything from 14 year olds to 67 year olds pulling impressive tricks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If there are any back to backers on your cruise you're gonna have your work cut out for you on the wave based on what I just saw at the best of competition!

Everything from 14 year olds to 67 year olds pulling impressive tricks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm 44, there fore I shall be right in the middle of the pack.:D

No because I am stuck in my room sick as a dog and the ship staff/guest relations is refusing to give us any information! I assume it has not yet reached the number they have to report to the CDC and they are therefore trying to keep it quiet!

You have my sympathy.

How sick are you? Have symptoms?

Did you see the ship's MD for meds to help you get over it?

So how long into the cruise did the outbreak occur?

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Why do they have all the hand sanitizer stands around to use before you can grab a plate then????:confused:

Ever notice when people cough in their hands instead of in the crook of their arm, as is proper and recommended. Especially if I'm behind these kind of PAX standing in the queue for breakfast/lunch in the buffet line. Then these PAX transfer their bacteria from their mouth, to their hands, to the buffet serving utensils for others to get their bacteria. That is so rude.

Ever notice PAX who don't use the hand sanitizer stations at the entrance to the buffet? Sort of like PAX who don't wash their hands after using the restroom to do their business. :eek:

Or, how about those people who pick up food on their plate with their hands eatiing it in the buffet line, and then using the serving utensils again? Passing the germs on their hands to those next in line. :eek:

Or, for that matter when sharing a table with other PAX in the MDR, and they cough in their hands, and not the crook of their arm, and then pass you the bread plate around. :eek:

And, of course, those PAX who don't wash their hands, at all, after doing their thing in the bathroom! :eek:

What's wrong with these people? Do you ever say anything to these kind of people?

Lucky more PAX don't get NV. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Ever notice PAX who don't use the hand sanitizer stations at the entrance to the buffet? Sort of like PAX who don't wash their hands after using the restroom to do their business. :eek:

I not only notice them and think at least some are smart enough to Bypass, I´m one of them.

Hand sanitizer are for professionals to use and not for cruise ship Pax when going to dinner.

People Need to wash their Hands and not be kept into a bubble about Hand sanitizers being helpful.

We Need them in health care and we Need them to be effective there. Manhood survived just fine with just handwashing before eating and even without:eek:

My Mom told me to wash my Hands before eating, not to sanitize them and she was right.

Ever notice when people cough in their hands instead of in the crook of their arm, as is proper and recommended. Especially if I'm behind these kind of PAX standing in the queue for breakfast/lunch in the buffet line. Then these PAX transfer their bacteria from their mouth, to their hands, to the buffet serving utensils for others to get their bacteria. That is so rude.

Or, how about those people who pick up food on their plate with their hands eatiing it in the buffet line, and then using the serving utensils again? Passing the germs on their hands to those next in line. :eek:

Or, for that matter when sharing a table with other PAX in the MDR, and they cough in their hands, and not the crook of their arm, and then pass you the bread plate around. :eek:

And, of course, those PAX who don't wash their hands, at all, after doing their thing in the bathroom! :eek:

What's wrong with these people? Do you ever say anything to these kind of people?

Lucky more PAX don't get NV. :)

I do not think it's true that people who don't use sanitizer don't wash their hands. I hate sanitizer. It does nothing to Noro and other viruses. I DO wash my hands and always wash them before going to eat. The sanitizer is slimey and it would be cheaper to put in sinks outside the Windjammer like Anthem and Quantum have than to keep buying gallons of goo. Ever wonder why they put moisturizer in the gel? It's because the alcohol used in it is very, very drying to the skin. No one should be putting that much alcohol on their skin. The gel in turn gets slippery and slimey if you get your hands wet at all.

Edited by BND

I not only notice them and think at least some are smart enough to Bypass, I´m one of them.

Hand sanitizer are for professionals to use and not for cruise ship Pax when going to dinner.

People Need to wash their Hands and not be kept into a bubble about Hand sanitizers being helpful.

We Need them in health care and we Need them to be effective there. Manhood survived just fine with just handwashing before eating and even without:eek:

My Mom told me to wash my Hands before eating, not to sanitize them and she was right.

They are not needed in health care either if sinks are sufficiently available.

I do not think it's true that people who don't use sanitizer don't wash their hands. I hate sanitizer. It does nothing to Noro and other viruses. I DO wash my hands and always wash them before going to eat. The sanitizer is slimey and it would be cheaper to put in sinks outside the Windjammer like Anthem and Quantum have than to keep buying gallons of goo. Ever wonder why they put moisturizer in the gel? It's because the alcohol used in it is very, very drying to the skin. No one should be putting that much alcohol on their skin. The gel in turn gets slippery and slimey if you get your hands wet at all.

There are several products including Zylast that kill noro.

Thanks to those of you who conveyed their "get healthy" wishes! They are much appreciated. I apologize to those of you who feel I was "misleading"! Here is an update and answer to the various questions. In our cabin only me not my DH came down with Norovirus. Yes, I was officially diagnosed by the ship doctor with Norovirus. Yes, we had a yellow dot on our door. Our luggage for departure was even separated from everyone else's to avoid contamination. I came down with the symptoms Friday on our Cozumel ship sponsored excursion. I have been very sick (trust me you do NOT want those details). I saw the ship doctor on Friday, Saturday, and today (Sunday). On Friday, I received a shot and several anti-diarrhea and anti-vomiting prescriptions in addition to Tylenol for the fever. Blood work was done and stool samples were taken. Unfortunately, I was much worse yesterday (Saturday) and they took me back down to the "infirmary" for IV's for hydration, potassium, and stronger antiemetic medications via the IV's in addition to another shot and more labs. I was NOT the only person down there being treated for Norovirus. RCCL did a great job of taking care of me and for that I am thankful! I am currently in a wheelchair at the airport awaiting our flight's departure taking the meds given to me by the ship doctor this morning for our trip home.

Agree effective hand washing is always good. When hand washing, how long is the recommended time and water temperature to effectively kill germs? Do the PAX get irritated when waiting in line to use the hand washing stations? And do you notice many bypass anyway?

So, just curious, if you evade the hand sanitizer station, or don't carry hand sanitizer, what do you do when fellow PAX in the buffet line or MDR cough in their hands, then handle the self serving utensils? Or when sitting with other PAX in MDR, and they cough in their hand and pass the bread plate to you and others at the table? Doesn't hand sanitizer help from preventing their germs being passed on to you? BTW, I discreetly apply the hand sanitizer (like under the table), as to not call the offending PAX out for coughing in their hand. ;)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Thanks to those of you who conveyed their "get healthy" wishes! They are much appreciated. I apologize to those of you who feel I was "misleading"! Here is an update and answer to the various questions. In our cabin only me not my DH came down with Norovirus. Yes, I was officially diagnosed by the ship doctor with Norovirus. Yes, we had a yellow dot on our door. Our luggage for departure was even separated from everyone else's to avoid contamination. I came down with the symptoms Friday on our Cozumel ship sponsored excursion. I have been very sick (trust me you do NOT want those details). I saw the ship doctor on Friday, Saturday, and today (Sunday). On Friday, I received a shot and several anti-diarrhea and anti-vomiting prescriptions in addition to Tylenol for the fever. Blood work was done and stool samples were taken. Unfortunately, I was much worse yesterday (Saturday) and they took me back down to the "infirmary" for IV's for hydration, potassium, and stronger antiemetic medications via the IV's in addition to another shot and more labs. I was NOT the only person down there being treated for Norovirus. RCCL did a great job of taking care of me and for that I am thankful! I am currently in a wheelchair at the airport awaiting our flight's departure taking the meds given to me by the ship doctor this morning for our trip home.

Oh my goodness! Sorry this happened to you. I had a Noro-like illness on a Carnival ship a few years ago, and definitely no fun. Have a safe trip home.

Wow. Very sorry to hear of your unfortunate plight. :(

Just curious, does RCCL charge PAX for the extensive medical treatment and meds? Or do PAX pay costs for their medical treatment and meds?

Is your age a factor in fighting off NV? Or is NV worse when having a compromised immune system? May I ask how old you are?

Fortunately, I have never come down with NV on cruise or anywhere else. Knock on wood ;)

Hope you fully recover and get back on your feet soon. Planning your next cruise? :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947