Good Form?

shellsrus

I'd bet it never occurred to those folks that they could be seen from above!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...which is why I carefully studied the stern profile of Nieuw Amsterdam before booking our Rotterdam deck cabin! :eek:

From a recent cruise on the Zuiderdam.......have never seen this before, not sure what to make of it.

If they smell that bad I'd prefer they hang them out to air! :D

A pair of socks drying in the sun is hardly going to ruin my cruise. It may seem tacky I agree but as far as I'm concerned so is wearing socks with sandals. :D

It costs more than $20 last time I looked and your assuming they have that amount spare out of their holiday budget ...

"Spare money"? You do realize that having a balcony on which to hang laundry costs a lot more money than some other cabins? And that there is a clothesline in the bathroom?

There were folks in a port side corner veranda cabin on the inaugural cruise who had a clothesline out, full of hanging laundry. Looked like tenement housing when seen from the shore. :rolleyes:

just to save $20 for a laundry bag
The corner cabins are Neptune suites that get free laundry!

There were folks in a port side corner veranda cabin on the inaugural cruise who had a clothesline out, full of hanging laundry. Looked like tenement housing when seen from the shore. :rolleyes:

Funny! :D We were docked in St Maarten last March when one of the huge Celebrity ships pulled in across the dock from us. Besides feeling a bit weird to have this mamouth ship casting a shadow over us and feeling like we were in a fish bowl one of the things I noticed were the number of verandas having all sorts of clothing hanging or on chairs drying/airing out. I wish I'd taken a picture now but I remember clearly thinking then it looked tacky to have this huge ship next to us with clothing hanging out on several verandas. Ruth's comment of "tenement" was exactly my thought at the time. :eek::D

The corner cabins are Neptune suites that get free laundry!

My memory is that those were not Neptune Suites at the time, but were reclassified later.

But if they were Neptune Suites, with free laundry, that does make hanging laundry out there even tackier!

We dry hand wash items routinely on balcony chairs. We secure then with cheap plastic heavy duty utility clamps. But only on sea days (lots of those on transatlantics). So only the fishies know. ;)

Edited by Sequim88

Be careful....apparently people sock shame here.

LOL :)

OK, I confess, I put a couple of unmentionable things on the balcony on a towel with a clothesline clamp to speed drying that I can't send to laundry like Sequim. there aren't many but there are a couple.;)

Just for a couple of hours to speed the drying and only on sea days and no one can see down into our balcony thank heavens ;)

I do find things take longer to try in the bathroom. Sorry, guess I am one of the evil ones too ;)

And, yes, we have free laundry and drycleaning.

There isn't much I don't send to HAL for cleaning but there are a couple of things. I want them dry before DH wants to take a shower in the morning and,before the stewards come for turn down service ;)

The problem with the balcony is the humid sea air - things will dry a lot faster in the cabin - or bathroom, as long as you don't run the shower.

Not in my experience. An hour out and then in the bathroom and they dry much faster -especially on a sunny balcony. Sorry. Just my experience.

We can agree to disagree ;)

Not sure what to make of it?

Nothing.

Within the limits of physical security, and as long as nothing is intruding on the quiet enjoyment of those around, what you do in the privacy of your own balcony is your own affair.

I thought I recalled a note from HAL that said no laundry on the balcony. It is also hard to consider these balconies as "private."