Must have!

famreynoso

I have a "noise app" on my phone, helps to cancel out any of the hall noise or banging etc you can hear when you're in your room.

We run it if we need to nap/or the neighbors are louder then I would like.

I also bring a bunch of different size Zip Loc bags, I find I use them for so many things, and often get asked when people see I have them if they can borrow a few of mine,

I have a bunch of other stuff I feel we NEED, like a bag of OTC meds, bandaids etc.

Lastly, I always bring some liquid soap. Not foam soap but liquid hand soap. I find it is so much easier to feel "clean" when we are coming in and out of the room.

Like I said, we are obviously higher maintenance people then some of you but that is a short list of my "must haves"... ha

I usually bring my own pillow, not that it's better (it's not) but it is over 35 years old an goes with me everywhere, flat as a pancake but I like to fol it an half and use it as my top pillow.

I also bring zip loc bags, last year I was able to eat a lobster roll on. Beach in Cozumel becaus I was able to order a few extra lobsters, cut them up an place them in a ziploc bag on ice. I then got a hotdog roll from one of the buffets. A little bit of lettuce and instant lobster roll.

We bring lanyards for our sea passes and battery-operated tea lite candles for nite-lites in our cabin and bathroom. I'll also bring some tea bags next time. We LOVE the afternoon teas, but they only serve Lipton :eek: for free now, and DH is pretty picky about his tea.

I also bring my own shampoo and conditioner, but only in little travel bottles :o

Edited by VASOXFANN

Whats the one thing or several things you must bring from home that carnival doesnt have or its not good enough for you? (Pillow, creamers, salsa, etc).

Just curious, might give me or others some "a ha" ideas.......

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Nothing really. I don't try to recreate my home on the ship. Just roll with it....

Edited by Badfinger

Having had my 9 YO son barf all over the cabin at four in the morning a few years ago, we ALWAYS bring a six pack of ginger ale. I know you can call room service any time, but I prefer to let my steward get his or her well-deserved sleep.

Needless to say, we take Dramamine before bed each night now. Both of us!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by GalFitness19

I bring my shower scrubber with a long handle. I can easily reach my back with it, I don't have to bend over as far to wash my legs and it feels good to feel clean. I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I also bring room spray like Febreeze JIC the room smells horrible - which it has in the past. Forgot to add that we bring several cans of (I open the cans and put it in ziplock bags), D'Vita Cappuccino SF. I'm not paying $3.50+ for a cup of Cappuccino.

Edited by elliair

I usually bring my own pillow, not that it's better (it's not) but it is over 35 years old an goes with me everywhere, flat as a pancake but I like to fol it an half and use it as my top pillow.

I also bring zip loc bags, last year I was able to eat a lobster roll on. Beach in Cozumel becaus I was able to order a few extra lobsters, cut them up an place them in a ziploc bag on ice. I then got a hotdog roll from one of the buffets. A little bit of lettuce and instant lobster roll.

Nice

Oh I do bring a mini pharmacy with me but I do that on land vacas too. I have tiny sizes of just about any med you could need along with our RX meds. Motrin, tums, Neosporin, bonine, anti diarrheal, stool softener, latex free bandaids since I'm allergic to latex etc. Anyone gets a cut or upset tummy we are all set and I've had been super glad I've taken that little pharmacy more than once. It all fits in a quart size Ziploc bag so doesn't take up any room at all.

Might buy the kids some snorkel gear to take along this time and let them try snorkeling at Playa Mia in Coz but haven't decided yet. Not sure how expensive of gear they'd need for beginner snorkeling and they wear glasses not sure if they could even see anything without them on since their eyes are horrible and it's not worth investing in RX masks when I don't know if they'd do it more than once.

I have to bring my own shampoo, shower gel, facial cleanser and a poof for the shower. I think I will also bring my own Teriyaki sauce or something like that for the Wok place at lunch. I don't like any of their sauces, but I love Mongolian(type) BBQ. So far I haven't done that, but I am giving serious thought to it.

I used to bring Pringles for my husband as well as cashew nuts. He always liked to have snacks late afternoon and they had to be salty.

Oh, I also used to bring my own snorkel gear as I don't like how the cruise ones or even private ones are cleaned.

Edited by katiel53

We take a first-aid kit. Its full of not only of the regular stuff, but I pack pepto, tums, allergy and sinus meds, along with Ibuprofen, burn cream and Q-tips. Its much easier to have this stuff available rather than paying twice as much in the fun shops or waiting in line at guest services. :cool:

I have to bring my own shampoo, shower gel, facial cleanser and a poof for the shower. I think I will also bring my own Teriyaki sauce or something like that for the Wok place at lunch. I don't like any of their sauces, but I love Mongolian(type) BBQ. So far I haven't done that, but I am giving serious thought to it.

I used to bring Pringles for my husband as well as cashew nuts. He always liked to have snacks late afternoon and they had to be salty.

Oh, I also used to bring my own snorkel gear as I don't like how the cruise ones or even private ones are cleaned.

Love the teriyaki sauce idea.