Freedom- Oct 2nd (tomorrow)

Lastest update says we are skipping Cocoa Cay and replacing it with San Juan. We will arrive there on Tues at 4pm and stay until 11pm.

Then on to St Thomas on Wed and St Martin on Thurs as scheduled.

I'd be very happy with that substitution.:)

Edited by clarea

Ahhh

Never really like San Juan.

Too bad it wasnt Labadee

Safe travels

We never cared for San Juan either. Last year we had the 4:p.m. arrival. We ended up taking a tour by taxi, which was ok, but it would have been better in the day light. It is one stop that I would not mind missing.

Lastest update says we are skipping Cocoa Cay and replacing it with San Juan. We will arrive there on Tues at 4pm and stay until 11pm.

Thank you. Can you tell me where you learned of this update? I called RCL and am following thier twitter feed. They said there have been no changes to the itinterary for tomorrow's sailing as of an hour ago

Not bad at all.

Sailaway will be beautiful that time of night. Be sure not to miss it. :)

You are so right! The lights on the government building changing colors are worth the wait. Hope the weather is clear. How blessed we all are to even be here talking about all this. No complaints here!

If anyone on board reads this can you please update me on any news of the hurricane or if the ship will get back to Orlando on Sunday. My friend is hopefully joining the ship. She is worried because her Delta flight via Atlanta has been cancelled. She has now got another carrier to Atlanta and hopes to drive to Orlando. Thanks.

If anyone on board reads this can you please update me on any news of the hurricane or if the ship will get back to Orlando on Sunday. My friend is hopefully joining the ship. She is worried because her Delta flight via Atlanta has been cancelled. She has now got another carrier to Atlanta and hopes to drive to Orlando. Thanks.

She is most likely using a ship's transfer from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral? Right now, Port Canaveral is liable to have a 7-11 ft. storm surge when Matthew hits Florida. Walt Disney World is closed at least through Friday. Landfall is expected late tonight or early tomorrow a.m. There could be power outages that last for days or even weeks.

She should monitor the web site of her cruise line. The most up-to-date info on the storm is probably at weather.com.

I hope it all works out ok -- for your friend and for everybody who's been out to sea in the storm -- and for everybody on land. Some islands were devastated, sad to say.

Edited by May B

We are onboard now currently in beautiful and calm St Martin......BUT we start heading back tonight! UGH!!!

Captain says we will have a rough ride back as we will be behind the storm. He hopes the Port of Canaveral will be back open by Sunday but has no way of knowing until they assess everything once it passes through. He is keeping us well informed so if I hear anything I will try to remember to post.

I suffer terribly from aniexty....so right now I am just trying to hold it together. Honestly I am more worried about what we will find when we get back in since my car was left parked at the Radisson!!!

Dianne

Edited by relic937

We are still on smooth seas right now thank goodness.

We are waiting on a report from the Captain once he determines if we can get back in to the port in Canaveral on Sunday.

Prayers for all on the Florida coast!!!

I hope you are able to get back to PC okay. We were on Mariner when Hurricane Jeanne hit PC in 2004. The hurricane damaged the port so we were unable to dock at PC. Instead we docked in Miami. They (RCI) provided buses (for $20 each) that took us directly to the Orlando Airport. I think they also provided buses for those who had parked their cars at the PC garage. Took about 4 hours to drive there. So much devastation. Lots of blue tarps on roofs and frondless palm trees. Be prepared. That's probably what you will see when you return. I'm not trying to be a Debby Downer, but trying to prepare you for what MIGHT happen to you since PC is in the crosshairs of Matthew right now (25 miles offshore of Cape Canaveral right now).

Edited by Teeara

Still pretty dicey in Port Canaveral this morning. Port Canaveral web cam has a video of Fish Lips with all the tent torn off and storm surge water is pretty high, up to their patio, if anyone ate there before their cruise....

At this point, everyone is just in waiting mode for it to pass so they can assess hope you guys get in and your car is fine!:o

Here is a YouTube with live stream from Cocoa Beach! Storm Chasers are driving up A1A!

Edited by BecciBoo