If you don't purchase a drink package, what are you served to drink with dinner?

Honey22kids

Our family doesn't drink alcohol, so we are planning to bring a case of water and some soda onboard with us (not purchasing any drink packages), but are unsure then, how dinner, in the main dining room, will work. Are you simply served a choice of water, tea or juice? Is soda an option? And if it is, is there a charge by the glass?

Our family doesn't drink alcohol, so we are planning to bring a case of water and some soda onboard with us (not purchasing any drink packages), but are unsure then, how dinner, in the main dining room, will work. Are you simply served a choice of water, tea or juice? Is soda an option? And if it is, is there a charge by the glass?

From what I have seen the choice for dinner in the MDR would be water, tea or coffee. Not sure that juice is an option. Soda would have a charge

Lemonade is not available in any of the restaurants, only the buffet. I'm a lemonade drinker and this has always been a bit of a disappointment for me.

You MAY be able to get juice. This varies not only by restaurant but by server as well. I frequently order pineapple juice over ice (we eat in Blu) and that was brought to us without looking at our card for a beverage plan. Although, we had previously ordered wine so our server knew we had a beverage plan.

That's per glass not per can. Some waiters will also give you the can some don't .

Celebrity does not sell fountain soda, so you should always get the can. You're entitled to it when you pay for sodas a la carte.

(The price has also gone up, to $3.50 before grats, as of September on the Solstice, at least.)

Edited by gergles

My understanding is that is not allowed on Celebrity ships :confused: but I definitely could be wrong.

My understanding is that is not allowed on Celebrity ships :confused: but I definitely could be wrong.

You absolutely CAN bring as much soft drinks and water with you. Put a luggage tag on it and drop it off for the porters. We have brought a case of soft drinks and case of water before.

You can bring a can of coke to the dining room too, but I would just order it. They'll bring you a glass of ice and a coke.

You know, they also have a soda package. You might do the numbers and see if it would be more cost-effective - depends on how much you drink.

Soda you pay.

You absolutely CAN bring as much soft drinks and water with you. Put a luggage tag on it and drop it off for the porters. We have brought a case of soft drinks and case of water before.

You can bring a can of coke to the dining room too, but I would just order it. They'll bring you a glass of ice and a coke.

You know, they also have a soda package. You might do the numbers and see if it would be more cost-effective - depends on how much you drink.

Good to know! Thanks.

I drink Pepsi instead of Coke and have always, as stated above, slapped a sticker on my case(s) and had them onboard. I also take my can of Pepsi with me to the dining room and on the second day our waiter usually has a glass of ice and straw at my setting. :)

Thank you so much to everyone who took time to give answers and insight to my question. So truly helpful; what a great group! I love to hear that others have taken a can to dinner. I was embarrassed to let my family do that, so it helps to know it is served that way anyway.

Thank you so much to everyone who took time to give answers and insight to my question. So truly helpful; what a great group! I love to hear that others have taken a can to dinner. I was embarrassed to let my family do that, so it helps to know it is served that way anyway.

When you take your water to the porters, throw some tape on the case as it may get some rough handling.

When you take your water to the porters, throw some tape on the case as it may get some rough handling.
...... or simply pick up some luggage tags at the pier, write your cabin number on them, remove the backing and press them on around the case of water to hold it together.

They double very nicely as both tape + luggage tags.

Good point. Here's what happens if you order lemonade in the MDR -- an assistant waiter has to go to the Oceanview to get a glass of lemonade for you. Usually they are very busy with their regular duties, so they politely explain that it isn't available. If it's a slow night (i.e. a port night with many passengers on shore) they may be able to run upstairs to get it.

If you want lemonade and do not want to wait for some assistant waiter to go to the Oceanview - just take some of the Crystal Light packets with you and stir it in your ice water. There are also little squeeze packets of different fruit flavors you can bring along to stir in your water.

Otherwise, drink iced tea, iced coffee, hot coffee, or ice water. All those are free.

What do you do when you go out for dinner at a nice restaurant? Do you bring your own can of Coke? I doubt it. You pay the $2.50 most nice restaurants would charge. If you do not want soda, wine, iced tea, etc - you drink the water provided when you sit down.

And, they may pull out one random bottle to test to make sure it really IS water and not some other substance. One of the first times we had that happen, we thought someone was drinking our water! ;)