Cruise Loyalty.

bhorney32

I have 21 points on my card. I'm taking a five day cruise on Saturday. Will I receive a gold card? If I don't, can o go to guest services on the fourth day and get it (I just want to have if)

Carnival Sunshine- June 21, 2014

Carnival Valor- June 20, 2015

Carnival Dream- June 19, 2016

Carnival Ecstasy- October 15, 2016

I have 21 points on my card. I'm taking a five day cruise on Saturday. Will I receive a gold card? If I don't, can o go to guest services on the fourth day and get it (I just want to have if)

Don't think so.

yes, you will. you are whatever level you achieve by the end of the cruise on the day you board the ship. so if you will be gold with your points by the end, you will receive a gold card when you board.

if you look at your booking documents, etc. it will confirm this.

What I was told, that's all I can go off, also why I didn't say definitely no.

Might be too hard to read for some.

i was clarifying for op. what you were told was incorrect. no malice or snark intended, but it is incorrect. i know from experience, as would anybody else in the op's situation. again, not meant to question you and the 'might be too hard to read for some' comment aside, the thought was incorrect. op will be gold when they board and will receive a gold card.

What I was told, that's all I can go off, also why I didn't say definitely no.

Might be too hard to read for some.

That's how it is for Princess, Celebrity, and NCL. You don't move up to the new level until the next cruise. I think that is how it is on most lines. But that is not how it is on Carnival. I will be Platinum on day 4 of my upcoming 8 day cruise. When I look at my cruise documents online it says I am Platinum and shows "Priority".

That's how it is for Princess, Celebrity, and NCL. You don't move up to the new level until the next cruise. I think that is how it is on most lines. But that is not how it is on Carnival. I will be Platinum on day 4 of my upcoming 8 day cruise. When I look at my cruise documents online it says I am Platinum and shows "Priority".

A fiend who sails Carnival exclusively was complaining the other day that they were two days short of next level so would have to wait till next cruise.

That's what I was going off.

I can confirm this. I have 68 days currently and on my next 7 day cruise that I booked I am showing as platinum and priority on my documents.

We are in the same situation as you turning platinum and our daughter is joining us and she has 18 points and will turn gold all from day one of the cruise.

Cheers and happy cruising.

A fiend who sails Carnival exclusively was complaining the other day that they were two days short of next level so would have to wait till next cruise.

It sounds to me that your friend is going on a cruise and at the end of the cruise will be two days short of the next level. If that's the case, at the beginning of the next cruise, they will be at the next level from the beginning of the cruise.

As an example, we now have 55 points. We are scheduled for an 8 day cruise. That will give us 63 points. If we take another 8 day cruise, that will give us 71. We will be 4 points shy of the next level. At the beginning of the one after that, we will be Platinum from the start of that cruise.

yes, you will become gold at the start of you cruise and receive a gold card when you check in. look at your documentation.

-go to manage my cruise

-click on view cruise documents

-click print general information

-scroll down to page 3. under guest it will have your name, and vifp# and next to it will be your upcoming loyalty status. in your case it should say gold there.

Based on my experience with Carnival, you will be Gold on the day you board the ship. Have a great cruise.:cool: