Norwegian Bliss

shof515

We have done Caribbean quite a bit and would like to do that to focus more on the ship and not the destination.

We've been there for a couple of years now. The ships are often our reason for cruising - not the ports!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by happy cruzin

Meyer Weft have a webcam at their homepage. After floating out the Joy they will start with the Bliss.

And FreestyleNovice finds good pics.

Thanks for the info.

I followed the construction of the Escape so closely, I want to do the same with the Bliss. Any idea when the Joy float out will be? I'd like to get up early and watch that. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Meyer Weft have a webcam at their homepage. After floating out the Joy they will start with the Bliss.

And FreestyleNovice finds good pics.

I don't think you will be able to see a full size bliss until later this year, not with the World Dream taking Joy spot after she leaves. But there will be sections.

I don't think you will be able to see a full size bliss until later this year, not with the World Dream taking Joy spot after she leaves. But there will be sections.

Thanks. I was just on Meyer Werft's home page and saw that about the World Dream. I'll be happy just seeing sections of the Bliss. I'm easy to please. [emoji846]

Just booked the TA in a studio and chose the beverage package (of course).

I did look for a while at the Haven Spa suite but damn, I cannot justify almost $10,000 for a 12 night cruise. Hopefully they do the two day from Germany again so I can grab a Haven room and get a look at the whole ship.

Greetings!

I sure hope they do another 2/3 day from Germany to Southampton as I would love that experience again!

"Decision Nearing on Norwegian 2019 Newbuild

January 16, 2017

Norwegian EscapeThe Norwegian Joy is heading to the Chinese market this summer, and the 2018-built Norwegian Bliss will serve North America first in Alaska from Seattle, and then sailing to the Caribbean from Miami.

That leave’s Norwegian’s 2019 newbuild, still unnamed, a question mark in terms of future deployment.

Expect news shortly, as the company committed to announcing what it will do with its last known Breakaway-plus vessel by the fourth quarter earnings call.

“Yeah, we're still on track to make a decision at the end of this year and we'll give you an update at the next earnings call as to which way we're going,” said Frank del Rio, president and CEO, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, on the company’s third quarter call on Nov. 9, 2016.

A fourth quarter earnings call to wrap-up 2016 is expected in early February."

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/16258-decision-nearing-on-norwegian-2019-newbuild.html

How far out was the Germany to Southampton portion announced for the Escape? Were you already booked on the TA, and then added the initial run?

As far as I remember NCL opened booking for all cruises on the same day. The 2 nighter wasn´t added later.

steamboats

How far out was the Germany to Southampton portion announced for the Escape? Were you already booked on the TA, and then added the initial run?

Steamboats is correct, it wasn't offered for a little bit and then it was offered as a two day from Hamburg to Southampton then a one day Southampton here where on the UK site I'm pretty sure it was offered as a three day before it was offered here. I'm sure someone will come along and correct me on that if it's wrong.

Then they had another Southampton one day before the TA was to leave that was only for travel professionals but some regulars were able to get on it too.

Ok....so our NCL rep just sent me an email with renderings for the Bliss - most are already posted here. Except, included - finally - is the floor plan for the Haven Aft Penthouse.

BUT.....it does not look to me from this rendering that the balcony includes the aft "corner" as we have come to expect from the -Aways and the Escape.

I also wonder if the Bliss will have the bath by the balcony as well as the Bed by the balcony layouts - as with the previous new ships??

Thoughts??

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Ok....so our NCL rep just sent me an email with renderings for the Bliss - most are already posted here. Except, included - finally - is the floor plan for the Haven Aft Penthouse.

Those appear to be prior escape renderings. I found them posted here...

https://www.ncl.com/nz/en/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/the-haven

Edited by TheDougOut

Those appear to be prior escape renderings. I found them posted here...

https://www.ncl.com/nz/en/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/the-haven

....and we know that the Escape balcony includes the corner! Yeah - not feeling confident that it's correct! :cool:

I even went out looking for floor plans for the JOY - thinking they may be out and more accurate and didn't find much! :o

Edited by happy cruzin

I was wondering about the bank of windows on deck 16, between the general population observation lounge on 15 and the haven observation lounge on 17. A garden cafe could make sense there. Has there been speculation about this area?

I saw mentioned elsewhere that maybe the spa will be relocated to the back, where the spa suites appear to be located.

I can't exactly remember how far out I booked for the Escape Hamburg to Southampton trip but it was definitely more than 6 months out as in those days I had to carefully plan my holidays - not so much now!

We booked the Hamburg - Southampton 3 day on August 30th, sailing the 25th of October. So 2 months out for us, booked via a Dutch travel agent as they offered it first, couldn't find any other offers at that time.

Steamboats is correct, it wasn't offered for a little bit and then it was offered as a two day from Hamburg to Southampton then a one day Southampton here where on the UK site I'm pretty sure it was offered as a three day before it was offered here. I'm sure someone will come along and correct me on that if it's wrong.

Then they had another Southampton one day before the TA was to leave that was only for travel professionals but some regulars were able to get on it too.

I was on the 3-day sailing from Hamburg to Southampton on October 25th, 2015. And I have a copy of my initial booking confirmation from then, and it shows that I booked that 3 day cruise already on June 28, 2014 (!) - a total of 17 months before the actual sailing. I booked it through the ncl EU page, as it was not possible to book it through my PCC at NCL in the US at the time of booking it (it was not available on the US booking systems at the time). I also know that some of my friends from the US who were on that particular pre-inaugural cruise, was not able to book it as a 3-day cruise - they needed to book it as a 2-day + 1-day (two cruises back-to-back). For European customers it was possible to book for 1-day, 2-days or 3-days right from "day one" of the sales period.

Edited by TrumpyNor
Adding title.

I didn't see this in the thread (although I have to admit I just scanned much of it), but curious if there has been any announcement about having the District Brew House vs the Grand Tea Room?

Looking at a TA site, their deck plans for Bliss have the Grand Tea Room. Also no Five O'clock bar. Someone in my roll call commented that it sounded like they just grabbed info from the Joy.

Anyone hear about this?

Thanks

Anyone hear about this?

I agree that's probably just a copy of information. Can you point me to where the Joy deck plans can be found?

As much as it would disappoint me, I wouldn't be surprised if the DBH ends up being unique to the Escape. In the era of UBP, i suspect it's not viewed favorably to the number crunchers.

I agree that's probably just a copy of information. Can you point me to where the Joy deck plans can be found?

As much as it would disappoint me, I wouldn't be surprised if the DBH ends up being unique to the Escape. In the era of UBP, i suspect it's not viewed favorably to the number crunchers.

I would have to disagree. "Happy" customers on board purchase more things then they would plan on buying (in general). I think a well lubed ship (pax wise) is a good model for making money in the shops, etc.

I would have to disagree. "Happy" customers on board purchase more things then they would plan on buying (in general).

Are you suggesting that passengers aboard the Escape spend more money than on other ships because of the DBH? My only point... the venue obviously has significantly more overhead than every other cookie-cutter bar.