Advice for 1st Cruise on Celebrity

taylortime05

Hi - I'm 99% sure I am going to call tomorrow and confirm my cruise they are holding. It's 10 night Eclipse on Dec 11. It's a Concierge guarantee with 3 perks for total of 2500 for 2 of us. I think it's a pretty good deal.

Do I need to sign up for the shows like Royal Caribbean? Are there any other tips on favorite things to do or see? I'd appreciate any tips. I will search out other posts too. I need to start planning what to do at the ports.

Thanks for any advice.

Relax and have a good time.

Forget about all the whining and complaining you read all about on Cruise Critic.

Don't let little things ruin your good time.

If you do have a complaint go to Guest Services and calmly and politely without accusing anybody of anything explain your problem. You will have a better chance of having your problem resolved that way.

Spend some nice relaxing time in the Solarium - a very peaceful place.

Start your cruise early. Get to the arrival area around 11 o'clock - maximize your first day.

Watch sail away from the Sunset Bar in the stern of the ship. That or on the deck above the pool in the front of the ship.

Must have a mudslide or a bon voyage every day - one or the other or both.

Relax and have fun. If they really need to get you they would have to send a helicopter (and you know they're not going to do that, only happens on I Love Lucy) so try to remain a "Castaway" from civilization to the max.

Enjoy your cruise. You will love it.

Correction: Sunset Bar is at the aft and is a great place for sail away.

Cabins aren't available until 1-1:30 so if you get to the ship early (11:00 :eek:)

Be sure to go for lunch in the MDR as the Oceanview cafe gets very crowded with folks who boarded early, had lunch by 12 and are waiting with all their carry-ons to be able to get in their cabins.

It sounds like you've sailed Royal Caribbean before. Make sure you call Celebrity with your Royal Loyalty Numbers (whatever they're called) and get your matching status on Celebrity. Depending on your Royal level, it may not get you much, but the coupons may save you a few bucks, you may get invited to a few "special" events and ou can see the Captain's Club host if you have a problem and he or she may be abe to help, instead of guest relations.

Royal is nice, Celebrity is nicer, in our mind. It's sort of the differene between visiting a Sheraton/Marriott and one step up, like a JW Marriott/Westin

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Relax and enjoy, the biggest difference we find between RC and Celebrity is the volume! There are events and activities on Celebrity but non of those annoying announcements!

We also prefer the speciality restaurants on Celebrity so read up on them, look at the menus and see what you fancy.

Have a great time!

Hi - I'm 99% sure I am going to call tomorrow and confirm my cruise they are holding. It's 10 night Eclipse on Dec 11. It's a Concierge guarantee with 3 perks for total of 2500 for 2 of us. I think it's a pretty good deal.

Do I need to sign up for the shows like Royal Caribbean? Are there any other tips on favorite things to do or see? I'd appreciate any tips. I will search out other posts too. I need to start planning what to do at the ports.

Thanks for any advice.

We were on the Eclipse last year and it is a Beautiful Ship. You do not have to sign up for shows. The islands you are going to are great. We were in Concierge as well and loved it. You got a real good deal. Enjoy your cruise:):).

You will enjoy Eclipse. The shows are typically at 7 and 9 pm and do not require signing up. You will find the ship large enough to offer a great deal of entertainment all night long, and small enough to not be herded into spaces. Your Cruise Director Sue, is great. Expect some wonderful entertainment.

Thanks for any advice.

No advice here, but we are also brand new to Celebrity and will be cruise mates! We did Veranda GTY with no perks for around 1800, so it sounds like you are getting a great deal!! Be sure and sign up on the Roll Call if you haven't already :)

Correction: Sunset Bar is at the aft and is a great place for sail away.

Cabins aren't available until 1-1:30 so if you get to the ship early (11:00 :eek:)

Be sure to go for lunch in the MDR as the Oceanview cafe gets very crowded with folks who boarded early, had lunch by 12 and are waiting with all their carry-ons to be able to get in their cabins.

Aft and stern mean the same thing FYI.

Get there early. Carry your swimsuit in your carry-on and change in a rest room when you get on board. You'll be in the pool way before anyone who comes at 1-1:30.

I've never had a problem in the Oceanview Cafe when I get on early.

Obviously we have a major difference of opinion here.

Thank you for all the great tips! I don't know why I get so nervous about making final payments. But I did it. I have the cruise & flight paid for. We had to fly into FLL because it was so much cheaper. We are flying in the day before on Dec 10 so I think we will stay the night in Miami so we are closer to the port. I need to search for best hotels and transportation. Then start thinking about the ports. I'm starting to get excited.

We did our first cruise on Celebrity this past August in Europe and had so much fun we have already booked one on the Equinox for next summer and we are just waiting for the 2018 cruises to come out so we can book to go back to Europe. By far the best cruise line we have been on.

I'm happy for you that you booked! The Eclipse is a BEAUTIFUL ship...we did 14 nights this past summer aboard the Eclipse in the Baltic. The World Class Bar has amazing cocktails, and the food is terrific. If you can avoid Ocean View on embarkation day, do so...the MDR would have a lovely lunch, I'm sure. Celebrity is so easy, and the service is phenomenal. We have been on four Celebrity cruises, and have never had anything but an incredibly positive experience. Enjoy!

Congratulations! Yes...you got a great price!

Celebrity is a little different from RCI. We definitely enjoy not having announcements all day long about events. Everything is written in the daily paper just like RCI but Celebrity lets you enjoy your day and allows you to monitor your own activities. There is one daily announcement from the Bridge.

You will feel the difference between the lines when you board the ship for the first time and are offered a glass of champagne as a welcome on board beverage!

The shows on Celebrity are not the Broadway productions that you see on RCI but they are entertaining and not having to deal with making all of the reservations makes it much easier.

Enjoy your cruise!

You will enjoy Eclipse. The shows are typically at 7 and 9 pm and do not require signing up. You will find the ship large enough to offer a great deal of entertainment all night long, and small enough to not be herded into spaces. Your Cruise Director Sue, is great. Expect some wonderful entertainment.

I've heard a lot of good things about Sue. We've had Ben the 2 times we did the Eclipse. Sorry, but I really didn't care all that much for him. We'll be on the Feb.22 14 day Eclipse trip.

Don't people booked in concierge have an embarkation lunch in the MDR restricted to that cabin class only?

TaylorTime05, you'll be happy to know that all desserts in Cafe al Bacio are free regardless of whether you have the liquor/coffee package or not. Plus it's a great place to get morning or after dinner coffee.