Diamond...FINALLY!!!

AJ's Girl

On your first cruise as a Diamond member, you'll receive a Diamond pin (looks just like the Emerald pin but with a clear stone chip instead of green) in your stateroom. The welcome gift is what you choose online, just like the one for Emerald. I looked at the benefits list and saw "Chef's Choice Gift/Amenity", but I don't recall receiving any such thing other than on the President's cruise last month, when we received some chocolate covered strawberries & other small sweets in our stateroom - we didn't know if it was for Diamond or just because it was the President's cruise, as we got so many little extras that cruise. Regarding this note on the list: A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter. We haven't made it to 140 yet, but will within the next year.

We made Diamond a little over a year ago and have sailed 4X since then. A couple things we have enjoyed; going to the Diamond Lounge/Events for a couple drinks & meeting fellow seasoned cruisers (You'll meet all types there, if you get my drift) and Teresa especially enjoys the specialty coffees. We've also taken advantage of the larger balcony discounts.

Congrats on Diamond status, it was a big deal to us, too.

CORKY, love the "Friends of Henry since 1999" avatar in your sig line!!!

Forgot about the gifts for attaining 140+70,etc! We will have 210 on our next cruise!! What kind of gift might it be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, making D is a pretty big deal, what with the access to the lounges and all.

When we made D+, it was somewhat less exciting - especially when the vaunted concierge lounge had had its cappuccino machine removed.

Enjoy your perks!

Edited by Oak Hill Cruisers

Congrats on your 210, well on your way to Pinnacle ;). Do you recall what the gift was for 140?

Thanks! Have really enjoyed D &D+ status!! We enjoy the lounges, free drinks, photos and balcony discount!! We travel with friends that are way down the totem pole, but are always loyal to Royal!! I don't know how I managed booking cruises before I found CC. We always booked directly with RCCL, but learned so much and book now with TA. Cc has saved me soooo much$$$.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just checked RC website and we are now officially Diamond. We don't drink so if any of you are ever on the same cruise look me up I just may buy you a drink seeing I have 3 Free Drinks and won't use it.;) The balcony discount will be nice though.:D

Our Sailing on Oasis Oct 8th made us Diamond C&A Members FINALLY! I know this might not be exciting to many' date=' but to us...WHOOP WHOOP! I looked over the document on RCCL's webiste to see benefits are added so I know, but does anyone know what the gift is that you get for obtaining Diamond Status??[/quote']

Congratulations.

I have been a Diamond member for a long time. I never chased the loyalty perks as many are gimmicks but the overall experience of being a Diamond member for me is great and one I would miss if I didn't have it.

Benefits I personally enjoyed on last cruise :

* Priority embarkation

* Access to Diamond lounge (not just for free drinks but quiet place during the day for coffee and tea)

* Complimentary drinks between 5 and 8:30 anywhere on the ship.

* Discount off first spa treatment

* Free internet for 1 day. As my wife is also a Diamond member, that is 2 days free internet. Enough for us.

* Convenience of concierge in Diamond lounge making bookings for us and sorting out any problems. Saves queuing that others have to do.

* Ice show tickets readily available for day and time you want.

* Ability to meet and mingle other frequent cruisers in the Diamond lounge.

* Free photo.

On past cruises, we have had special unexpected treats but that seem to depend on individual ships and perhaps they might not do as much these days. Still makes you feel special when you find something left in your room or an unexpected invite to an event.

One disappointment (slightly tongue in cheek), I thought Top Tier party was for Diamond and above. It turns out nearly all Crown and Anchor members are invited so not that exclusive. Still a great event not to be missed.

Our Sailing on Oasis Oct 8th made us Diamond C&A Members FINALLY! I know this might not be exciting to many' date=' but to us...WHOOP WHOOP! I looked over the document on RCCL's webiste to see benefits are added so I know, but does anyone know what the gift is that you get for obtaining Diamond Status??[/quote']

Congratulations on the new benefits. You earned them. :)

Congrats! You just made Commander/Lt. Colonel!

Just for shucks, I like to equate C&A status levels to military officer rank equivalents (USN / USA-USMC-USAF) as follows:

Gold (1st Cruise) = Ensign / Second Lieutenant

Gold = Lieutenant Junior Grade / First Lieutenant

Platinum = Lieutenant / Captain

Emerald = Lt. Commander / Major

Diamond = Commander / Lt. Colonel

Diamond Plus = Captain / Colonel

Pinnacle = Rear Admiral (Lower Half) / Brigadier General

Now these ranks give no one authority over fellow passengers, crew or operation of the ship. Most passengers would never pull rank over others because of their C&A status, right?

But for those who like to effect elitist & snobbish behavior owing to their C&A status & perks, the ranks suggested above will serve as a guide to such behavior aboard ship and in our beloved diamond & concierge lounges. ;-)

I like your military ranking if it was the other way around. My husband is a retired Navy Captain which would make us Diamond +, but with your chart we are a LTJG.

As for your remarks regarding the ranking and behavior you are so wrong. Not everyone is snobbish even if they are high ranking. You are stereotyping people. I have met many wonderful "high ranking" people, cruise and military. The snobbish ones are very few and a breed all to themselves.

You might also be confusing ranking with the fact that people are happy/proud with what they achieved. Just look at my signature and you can tell I'm very proud of hubby for making it to the rank of a Captain (06). Not everyone sticks it out that long. That is also without ever being passed over for promotion.

Same goes for cruisers. They are happy of the level they have achieved and the added benefits they get. I also noticed you didn't list any enlisted ranks in your chart, but only officers. Maybe you were enlisted and didn't like the fact that they achieved something higher than you? When it comes to cruising you imply that you are at least a diamond so wouldn't that make you snobbish also?

Congratulations on the new benefits. You earned them. :)

As for your remarks regarding the ranking and behavior you are so wrong. Not everyone is snobbish even if they are high ranking. You are stereotyping people. I have met many wonderful "high ranking" people, cruise and military. The snobbish ones are very few and a breed all to themselves.

+100

my late father was a general and the most humble gentleman you could meet. Usually people reach high rank because they inspire others.

What an absurd generalisation! :confused::confused::confused:

Edited by lucymorgan

Congratulations on the new benefits. You earned them. :)...

...As for your remarks regarding the ranking and behavior you are so wrong. Not everyone is snobbish even if they are high ranking. You are stereotyping people. I have met many wonderful "high ranking" people, cruise and military. The snobbish ones are very few and a breed all to themselves.

You might also be confusing ranking with the fact that people are happy/proud with what they achieved. Just look at my signature and you can tell I'm very proud of hubby for making it to the rank of a Captain (06). Not everyone sticks it out that long. That is also without ever being passed over for promotion.

Same goes for cruisers. They are happy of the level they have achieved and the added benefits they get. I also noticed you didn't list any enlisted ranks in your chart, but only officers. Maybe you were enlisted and didn't like the fact that they achieved something higher than you? When it comes to cruising you imply that you are at least a diamond so wouldn't that make you snobbish also?

I took Oak Hill's rank interpretation as a light hearted view of "earned" ranks, not a general put-down. We have, indeed, met a few "high ranking" C&A members who act as though they are "special" (as, I am sure, we all have), but for the most part, we have made friends with many we met in the Diamond lounge/Top Tier events, and hope to see them again and again in the future. I am very familiar with rank structures; I grew up in Annapolis, MD, home of the US Naval Academy, and am a retired Annapolis police captain (law enforcement follows army style ranking, but we didn't have as many ranks - our chief wore colonel insignia). I agree with lucymorgan's comment, "Usually people reach high rank because they inspire others," but the key word here is "usually." Although the snobs are a small minority, they seem to be among the most readily recalled due to their "unique" demeanor.

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser
spelling

Gift is the crystal block of the ship.

e119d23b095876366402a27cde14ad2b.jpg

We get our block on our upcoming sailing on Freedom. My DH is looking forward to it.

We do also have received cheese platters or chocolate covered strawberries as a nice Chef's Gift during the sailing since we have become Diamond. D+ will take us a couple of years more to reach....but we sincerely doubt that Pinnacle will be in our future.

We love the balcony discount, the DL, the drink coupons if we don't use the DL; the free photo, priority boarding (although we generally arrive early and never crowded anyway).

We just love cruising with Royal....the rest just comes with it.

Congrats OP, on making it to Diamond. I remember how excited we were when

we made it also!! :D

My little sister just made Diamond on our last Alaska cruise, booking a suite to get

the double points that put her there. She will be spending her honeymoon on the

Serenade cruise we have booked for February, and will get to enjoy all the perks

and the Diamond lounge, as you will also! :)

Edited by island lady

We get our block on our upcoming sailing on Freedom. My DH is looking forward to it...We just love cruising with Royal....the rest just comes with it.

I will join the Diamond ranks on my June '17 cruise - it's been a long, tough road, but somehow I persevered :D

Onward and upward to Diamond Plus!

Paulette, congrats on getting your "block." I figured out our upcoming cruises and it looks like we'll get ours early '17.

utopia, I here ya. When we first started cruising, sometimes it was up to 4 years in between. But now I can't go 4 months without one!

killtheump, congrats on the D status!

Congratulations on making "Diamond"! We'll be joining you on our next cruise. Can't wait for my first drink in the Diamond Lounge! As Rodney Dangerfield put it. "There goes the neighborhood!"

Elvis

You may notice in my signature it already says "Diamond". I didn't do that! It changed by itself!