Year-round Spirit class ship (Miracle) in Tampa coming

ryano

My PVP called me first thing this morning about it. We are already booked.

I need dancing emojis right here.

:D :D

Wow, I absolutely can not read today.

We're booked on the Repo back from Long Beach to Tampa in January.

Duh.

No less exciting, just not what JoePeka was talking about. Sorry :o

So,

Carnival is bringing back the Splendor to LA. We were her first US homeport.

Bummer about losing Kauai (and a day) on the HI itins. No more 2day cruises on the Imagination.

Sorry to see the Miracle leave, but couldn't Carnival have given us a ship we haven't had yet?

Shame about losing Kauai one of the pretties islands in Hawaii.

My PVP called me first thing this morning about it. We are already booked.

I need dancing emojis right here.

:D :D

I talked to our PVP and he just got the communication about it this morning as well - he just hadn't gotten to me about it yet. :(

Edit: just saw your comment about the full transit cruise vs. the Journeys - no worries. Glad you were able to snag that one!

Edited by joepeka

Awww bummer.

We are not really fans of the Splendor so will probably be doing more Princess cruises when she comes here.

I was hoping for a ship with the full 2.0 upgrades. Oh well.:(

Our sentiments as well, we were looking forward to Guy's and the full Blue Iguana Burrito menu rather than the limited menu of the burrito bar and even more limited hours of operation. Like you say: oh well.

Can someone explain what exactly happens in a partial transit?? I don't know if we will book anything as we have a bunch booked in the next 10 months but a Panama Canal cruise has been on my list for a while!

A partial transit goes through the first set of locks and into the Gatun (sp?) Lake in the middle, turns around and chines back out.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Losing Kauai, one of the most beautiful and desirable ports on the Hawaiian itinerary. Not sure what Carnival is thinking here. Major bummer!

IIRC, when the Splendor was sailing the Pacific coast several years ago, I heard that the Carnival Splendor was too big to dock in Kauai.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Patti and I were hoping to do a R/T Hawaii in 2018. We would prefer the Miracle, but have no problem with the Splendor.

We did the 15 day RT to Hawaii on the Splendor in 2013. We had a fantastic time. Would do the same cruise again in a heartbeat. You will have an awesome time.

Awesome. We just moved to Tampa from Indiana and while driving 3 hours to a port on the Atlantic is not bad. driving 20 minutes is even better. We love the spirit class. Was hoping for the pride but the miracle will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Losing Kauai, one of the most beautiful and desirable ports on the Hawaiian itinerary. Not sure what Carnival is thinking here. Major bummer!

We went on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii on the Splendor. When we booked it Kauai was on the itinerary. Then it was replaced with an overnight in Honolulu because Kauai said the Splendor was to big to come into port. They said the size of the ship could damage the coral. I am guessing that is still true and is why Kauai is not on the itinerary.

So,

Carnival is bringing back the Splendor to LA. We were her first US homeport.

Bummer about losing Kauai (and a day) on the HI itins. No more 2day cruises on the Imagination.

Sorry to see the Miracle leave, but couldn't Carnival have given us a ship we haven't had yet?

Wonder how many of the Miracle crew will eventually be on the Splendor? We've known many of the crew for several years.

I'll take the Splendor over the Miracle any day, and Splendor is not even my favorite, but I've sailed on her 3 times. Anything is better than the Miracle.

I'll take the Splendor over the Miracle any day, and Splendor is not even my favorite, but I've sailed on her 3 times. Anything is better than the Miracle.

While I enjoyed my cruise on the Miracle, there was constant vibrations throughout the ship every day. It was even worse on rough seas.

Our last cruise on Miracle was six years ago and it was a great trip and very smooth sailing so perhaps a lot has changed since then other than the perceived vibrations? Just wondering due to the negative comments. :confused:

Edited by joepeka

I see Miracle now has a 14-day partial Panama Canal transit/Journeys on the schedule for early December 2018. We're going to take a good look at that one. ;)

I'm looking also. Love the itinerary and I love the Miracle. Haven't sailed on her since 2006. So glad she is coming back to Tampa.

Our last cruise on Miracle was six years ago and it was a great trip and very smooth sailing so perhaps a lot has changed since then other than the perceived vibrations? Just wondering due to the negative comments. :confused:

Nothing perceived on my cruise. The vibrations were so bad, that wine glasses were falling off the tables in the main dining room.