Two deaths on Anthem

sugcarol

That story is a bit of a mess. First, most of what was in the story has nothing to do with the deaths and second, deaths happen all the time on cruise ships. The article even points to natural causes. It's also not clear what one had to do with the other.

The Anthem is fine and I'm tired of people saying it's "weird" or "cursed" or whatever. We were on in April and absolutely nothing happened. There have been a lot more normal trips on that ship than problem ones, but people always focus on the different. It's just a ship that sails out of the northeast where the weather is never perfect.

So, two middle-aged men died on a cruise ship. It happens. Probably stroke or heart attack. Nothing to see here.

As for the hotel comment, I do not get that. Anthem just makes a port stop there and doesn't stay overnight. I also don't get why this is news as there are deaths on cruise ships regularly.

As others have said, sad, but hardly unusual.

Edited by BND

The article does bring up questions. Why a picture of a Carnival ship? I guess the general public may not notice that.

I was thinking if the news report was wrong about the ship, and the Carnival ship was based in San Juan, then that would explain the confusing hotel stay thing.

Why a picture of a Carnival ship? I guess the general public may not notice that.

It's common for news outlets to use stock photos. Either they didn't have a photo of a Royal Caribbean ship, or the editor didn't know the difference.

Always Sad that someone dies unexpectedly but a very strange article non the less...quite the hodge podge of material here?!

Why was a carnival ship in the picture? Sucks for them given the headline about the dead men instead of the historic milestone?

And I was really expecting them to say that because these 2 men died, they didn't meet their historic milestone or something when it got to that part! It would have atleast been a reason to mention it..

I'm assuming that the hotel comments are referencing maybe a day pass to a resort? I mean - what else would make sense??!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That story is a bit of a mess. First, most of what was in the story has nothing to do with the deaths and second, deaths happen all the time on cruise ships. The article even points to natural causes. It's also not clear what one had to do with the other.

The Anthem is fine and I'm tired of people saying it's "weird" or "cursed" or whatever. We were on in April and absolutely nothing happened. There have been a lot more normal trips on that ship than problem ones, but people always focus on the different. It's just a ship that sails out of the northeast where the weather is never perfect.

So, two middle-aged men died on a cruise ship. It happens. Probably stroke or heart attack. Nothing to see here.

As for the hotel comment, I do not get that. Anthem just makes a port stop there and doesn't stay overnight. I also don't get why this is news as there are deaths on cruise ships regularly.

As others have said, sad, but hardly unusual.

I beg to differ, that ship has had a lot of issues. I am not a superstitious person, but the Anthem was not my cup of tea. You're entitled to your opinion and are free to cruise on her as you wish. Personally I would not go on her again. I am not so sure why people get so worked up about criticizing a particular ship. You would think it was their child.

Don't people die on cruise ships all the time?.. They usually don't get a news article about them

Absolutely, more than we know, I'm sure. There was a death on our Explorer cruise a few years ago. We were docked in Bonaire just enjoying our balcony, when we saw a hearse pull up and crew wheeling off a deceased person in a body bag on a stretcher. The widow followed behind and a staff member helped her with her luggage. So incredibly sad. :( Nothing was ever said, and I suppose the only ones who saw it were those who were looking off that side of the ship for those few minutes.

The Anthem is fine and I'm tired of people saying it's "weird" or "cursed" or whatever...

Agreed - uncalled for. :(

. I am not so sure why people get so worked up about criticizing a particular ship. You would think it was their child.

And you seem to be getting worked up because others like the ship and don't see anything out of the ordinary about it....

I beg to differ, that ship has had a lot of issues. I am not a superstitious person, but the Anthem was not my cup of tea. You're entitled to your opinion and are free to cruise on her as you wish. Personally I would not go on her again. I am not so sure why people get so worked up about criticizing a particular ship. You would think it was their child.

I agree. I am mildly superstitious, but Anthem has wayyy more issues than the rest. I don't know how her christening went, but the bottle didn't smash on Carnival's ship Legend and she's had her share of issues...more so than the rest of the fleet.

Sea superstitions are very strong.

Sent from Tapatalk

Kind of reminds me of our last Alaskan cruise. As we were sitting at the airport waiting to leave, we heard of a group of pax on the sailing before us who were all killed in a float plane crash, along with the pilot. It made me very sad and I thought about them for a long time. I couldn't imagine how their families felt, or the other passengers who were at the same dinner table with them.

That said, we went on with our helicopter tour. Accidents happen. But it definitely makes you appreciate life more.

I don't understand the part about "planned to stay in hotels in Puerto Rico". Wasn't Anthem there on a day stop?

The whole article had a RUSHED feel to it and that the author had to add info to make a minimum word count.