Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

LOL - the will be me:

enhance

Too funny!

I research, investigate, measure, observe, ponder, post, etc..

DH just asks what ship, what date and are there any new ports?

I map out the excursions, dining etc but he does all the bookings on ship, hotel and air.

We are a great team...married 43 years ago today....!

Is the Solarium pool heated like a hot tub or just a regular swimming pool temperature?

In my experience, it varies greatly. Usually a temp in between the two, but you never know On one of our Infinity cruises, ship had come from Alaska and the Solarium Pool was really a huge unbearably hot, hot tub,. Most everyone hated it but they refused to adjust the temp..

Also gone lately is the nice spa music the Solarium....

Nice find. I haven't seen that rendering either. Looks like the entrance to Eden on Deck 5.

I really like this one, Reminds me of the transitional corridors on S Class where they have unusual themes.,.floor and walls included ( the ants come to mind) with sound.,..going to the specialty restaurant and bar area,,

Really like that photo/ depiction of the approach to EDEN,

The decor on walls, floor and ceiling are amazing,...,nice spot for a photo...and sets the mood for what lies ahead!

Each of us get excited over what many different options cruising provides us. I love learning about the ships and what each offer, and of course the itinerary, but the ship is important to me. And that’s why I’m here. And why this specific thread is very useful, and fun.

I’ll confess, 10 years ago I was up in the middle of the night/early morning watching on the Internet as the Solstice, the first of the S-Class ships first left its hanger. And then when She cruised down the river. For me, exciting. For many others, just another ship. I could barely wait to get onboard her.

And here I am again, getting excited and can barely wait to get onboard the Edge. And I’ll be hanging out here reading and planning.

Den

Too funny!

I map out the excursions, dining etc but he does all the bookings on ship, hotel and air.

Wow ..... Many congratulations. :D

Too funny!

Happy Anniversary! You do sound like a great team! I wonder if our DH's, who know very little about this ship, will be "Edgies" by the end of our first cruises. I think mine will be in awe. :D

Thanks to those people who have posted great photos and information regarding the Edge. Getting very excited for May next year! I have not seen any photos or seen any descriptions of the lifts. ( Did I miss anything?) We love the open glass lifts on the Solstice class ships. Will the Edge lifts be glass? Thank you if anyone has information on these.

Thanks to those people who have posted great photos and information regarding the Edge. Getting very excited for May next year! I have not seen any photos or seen any descriptions of the lifts. ( Did I miss anything?) We love the open glass lifts on the Solstice class ships. Will the Edge lifts be glass? Thank you if anyone has information on these.

Good question. I have only found 2 elevator pictures. It doesn't appear that the elevators face the ocean per the deck plan, but maybe they will have glass that overlooks the floors below?

crop=0,0,1,1

enhance

I really like this one, Reminds me of the transitional corridors on S Class where they have unusual themes.,.floor and walls included ( the ants come to mind) with sound.,..going to the specialty restaurant and bar area,,

Really like that photo/ depiction of the approach to EDEN,

The decor on walls, floor and ceiling are amazing,...,nice spot for a photo...and sets the mood for what lies ahead!

I agree with all of the above!

Each of us get excited over what many different options cruising provides us. I love learning about the ships and what each offer, and of course the itinerary, but the ship is important to me. And that’s why I’m here. And why this specific thread is very useful, and fun.

I’ll confess, 10 years ago I was up in the middle of the night/early morning watching on the Internet as the Solstice, the first of the S-Class ships first left its hanger. And then when She cruised down the river. For me, exciting. For many others, just another ship. I could barely wait to get onboard her.

And here I am again, getting excited and can barely wait to get onboard the Edge. And I’ll be hanging out here reading and planning.

Den

We too were excited about the new Solstice and thrilled when we sailed her on her second paid voyage. The Adrenalin is pumping up again. It's tough to stay away from this thread.

I actually had a few more in my database. Wait until you see my Edge public restroom collection. :D

enhance

enhance

enhance

Nice foyer pics thank you! The elevators on EDGE have doors that open and close much faster, and that alone is expected to decrease wait time significantly.

I don't think they are computerized/prioritized like the elevators on the new CARNIVAL HORIZON. Those are quite interesting and take some getting used to. Instead of an up/down call button, there is a screen that you program what deck you want to go to. It then tells you which elevator (they are lettered) will take you to that deck. When you step on the elevator, you don't punch any buttons. It just takes you to the deck you indicated.

Den

You bring back great memories...

That really was an exciting morning watching the Solstice squeeze through the very narrow River Ems on her way to the open sea!

We are experiencing the same excitement about the Edge and counting down the days until we board! 😁

Elevators often close slowly because folks try to stuff themselves in but do not clear the space, so the doors can't shut..After a few unsuccessful tries, they either get off or squeeze in even more! Even more fun if folks have a hot bev in hand or wear heavy perfume .

Elevators are too few and too small, esp with scooters in the mix!

Glad they did not put in the Carnivsl system you described!

Nice foyer pics thank you! The elevators on EDGE have doors that open and close much faster, and that alone is expected to decrease wait time significantly.

I don't think they are computerized/prioritized like the elevators on the new CARNIVAL HORIZON. Those are quite interesting and take some getting used to. Instead of an up/down call button, there is a screen that you program what deck you want to go to. It then tells you which elevator (they are lettered) will take you to that deck. When you step on the elevator, you don't punch any buttons. It just takes you to the deck you indicated.

That sounds really interesting. Maybe the Edge will have something similar. I hope the doors don't open and close too quickly though - after a cocktail I may not get in the elevator in time. ;)

Elevator door closers have a set time for closing that is allowable. A fast close may injure people and I think its likely Celebrity uses a safe system. Either way there are a hundred or more light beams in the door closers and no one should get caught vgettin on or off as long as the system is working propertly.

From what I have heard, on Carnival, their new ship has a very very cool elevator operating system.

Elevator door closers have a set time for closing that is allowable.

Oh My!:eek:

With much respect, after following this thread for months,

could you(or others) now, please, reiterate what should be most remembered?:)

I am afraid, the Orange thingy on the starboard will be so popular,

we will not gain access. LOL

Edited by $hip$hape

The elevators at my office are like the ones you described. I hit the floor number and it tells me which elevator to get into. That type is very efficient and decreases you wait time. I hope Edge has this elevator technology!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I actually had a few more in my database. Wait until you see my Edge public restroom collection. :D

enhance

enhance

enhance

Waiting... Not so patiently I might add VT, for these public restroom photos!!’ ;) I just can’t get enough Edge!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums