Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

We'll find out in January.

We prefer AQ class so no choice.

Does one of the suites have both an open balc and Inf or was that changed?? Just curious... suites out of reach for us esp on EDGE.

The Edge info is very confusing... but I believe that the S1 cabins at the very front and aft... with the round openings are what they call "Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda". If you look at the image ( https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/verandas/ ) It looks like a typical balcony cabin... but within the ships structure... vs sticking out. It looks like it has sliding glass doors on it. The sunset veranda's also look more like the traditional design. Not sure about suites... only sailed in on suit many years ago... Anyway I have not researched them.

One other comment on the photos just posted. Boy those cabins on either side of the section that sticks out for MC... they really look pretty obstructed. I will really like to hear about how that works out. One thing I have been impressed with in Celebrity S class is that their obstructed cabins are not really obstructed. We stayed in a D2 cabin and had no issues looking over the life boats... so ships you actually have to look around them.

The Magic Carpet is finally back with the Edge, ready to be reinstalled.

238f5f623651b6663433b04633a0a9ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Lloyd - Thanks as always for the photo updates. Is the blue thing on top of the Magic Carpet a temporary cover or something permanent? The blue looks like it is the same as the blue paint of the hull.

Lloyd - Thanks as always for the photo updates. Is the blue thing on top of the Magic Carpet a temporary cover or something permanent? The blue looks like it is the same as the blue paint of the hull.
I'm hoping just a protective cover.

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

We have a cabin on deck 6 on the port side. I am wondering if the life boats will be considered an obstruction. Looking at some of the latest photos.. it looks like we will be looking over them. I am hoping they are nestled just under deck 6 so there is still a relatively clear view down... but it is hard to really tell from the deck plan. It is hard to really tell from the photos...how this will work. I am hoping it is better than the D2 cabins on S class ships

VT - That first photo from Lloyd today gives you a great side view profile of your S3 balcony opening.

Yes, I blew it up and tried to see if it that side window looks open or glassed in. I still can't tell. I hope it is open, although the people in 9206 might not want me hanging out of that window in front of their balcony. I think I will be close enough to hand them a cocktail! :D

enhance

Yes, I blew it up and tried to see if it that side window looks open or glassed in. I still can't tell. I hope it is open, although the people in 9206 might not want me hanging out of that window in front of their balcony. I think I will be close enough to hand them a cocktail! :D

enhance

You know at first glance, if I had an S3 I would have liked the side open. But as you note the people on either side would not like that and I wouldn't be comfortable looking straight into someone else's balcony. So may be it will be glass.

Now one would say it doesn't matter because on the Oasis Class ships if you have a Central Park or Boardwalk view cabin, those across from you have a direct view into your balcony and possibly cabin :)

We have a cabin on deck 6 on the port side. I am wondering if the life boats will be considered an obstruction. Looking at some of the latest photos.. it looks like we will be looking over them. I am hoping they are nestled just under deck 6 so there is still a relatively clear view down... but it is hard to really tell from the deck plan. It is hard to really tell from the photos...how this will work. I am hoping it is better than the D2 cabins on S class ships

These are the cabins on deck 6 actually listed as partially obstructed. It does look like they won't obstruct your view out. This picture of an Edge model may give you an idea of the view down (if it is to scale).

6198, 6196, 6180, 6182, 6128, 6129

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

Can you imagine the blast of air through those MC balconies if both ends were open and the ship was sailing into the wind?

There are two suites in between those two end suites - hopefully the 2 in the middle won't have open windows! :D I liked the visual though.

These are the cabins on deck 6 actually listed as partially obstructed. It does look like they won't obstruct your view out. This picture of an Edge model may give you an idea of the view down (if it is to scale).

enhance

Thanks for this. We are actually in 6211, on the port side. I think we are immediately next to cabins which will have cabins sticking out slightly above them. I think there might be that smaller boat outside. The scale model helps

enhance

Looking at the model, it appears that the balcony size of the S1 on deck 11 is the are as the S2 on deck 10. So I think the only S1s with a bigger balcony are the Aft S1 cabins.

Looking at the model the side windows are clear.

The blue canopy top on the Magic Carpet, I feel is a protective canopy during the construction process.

47:

I didn't notice that in the model they looked clear. I guess I will be getting to know our neighbors in 9206. ;)

Tall:

I also didn't notice the S1, S2 balconies.

Here's another of the model pictures for all of you Edge sleuths. It has a rare view of the port side. I've tried to find a port forward picture of the model.

It nicely shows Eden's outside area on 5. Looks like some is under the glass and some in the open. Not sure if they are keeping the blue decorative look in the Sunset Bar - it looks like a teacup to me, not a bar look. ;)

enhance

Here's another of the model pictures for all of you Edge sleuths. It has a rare view of the port side. I've tried to find a port forward picture of the model.

It nicely shows Eden's outside area on 5. Looks like some is under the glass and some in the open. Not sure if they are keeping the blue decorative look in the Sunset Bar - it looks like a teacup to me, not a bar look. ;)

enhance

Thanks for that view....we are happy we picked the side away from the MC which, I still think was not necessary to have bigger tenders and will be more trouble than expected. Guess the more adventuresome will let us know the scoop first hand!

Is that other area up top the garden grill ? Also hoping life boats will not block views from BLU or the outside BLU tables???

Thanks for that view....we are happy we picked the side away from the MC which, I still think was not necessary to have bigger tenders and will be more trouble than expected. Guess the more adventuresome will let us know the scoop first hand!

Is that other area up top the garden grill ? Also hoping life boats will not block views from BLU or the outside BLU tables???

Yes that is the Rooftop Garden and Garden Grill.

I saw one picture inside Blu where ocean is seen, but it may be one end of the restaurant. It would be too bad if such a beautiful restaurant had a view of tender/lifeboats at one end.

enhance

HA! I have 9204 on Jan 6.... our friends will be in 9206.