Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Well I don’t actually foresee many people using them. I remember thinking when I first saw the deck plans what an impractical design it was.

Consider....they are up on deck 16. How to get there? Well, you can walk up the oval jogging track from deck 15, but remember, the pool is on deck 14 and you don’t get to the jogging track from there.

Well, what about taking the elevator to deck 16? We keep hearing that it will be a key-access only area since that’s where the Suite sundeck is.

To me, this doesn’t make a lot of sense.

No, it doesn't make sense. Not only is the access to them odd, but being so high up they will be much more exposed to wind than on the same deck as the pool. On cold days while underway, it will be uncomfortable up there, especially before drying off when getting out of them.

And some people like to move back and forth between the pool and the hot tubs. That won't be convenient with this goofy setup.

I wouldn't be surprised if they will be little used.

No, it doesn't make sense. Not only is the access to them odd, but being so high up they will be much more exposed to wind than on the same deck as the pool. On cold days while underway, it will be uncomfortable up there, especially before drying off when getting out of them.

And some people like to move back and forth between the pool and the hot tubs. That won't be convenient with this goofy setup.

I wouldn't be surprised if they will be little used.

It looks like there might be some plexiglass around the hot tubs which would probably address the risk of injury and the wind concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will gladly post after our cruise in January. Yes, I believe Celebrity will protect us and themselves, ESPECIALLY themselves, from law suits in the future.

After reading some of the posts here I thought well, maybe, they did the location of the hot tubs to DISCOURAGE parents from allowing their young children to use them. I agree, X has never enforced the "no kids" rule but I have also seen instances where staff were trying to enforce the rules and were being yelled at by nasty folks who don't give a crap about rules! Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

I know we won't be using these hot tubs since hubby can't climb in and out with his legs. Something Celebrity may re-think on Beyond and the next 2 ships being built. I remember sailing Millenium in her maiden year and then on to the younger ships in that class. You could definitely see the differences and improvements from ship to ship.

Looking forward to being able to make our own decisions after January. Still, will be an interesting trip exploring a completely new concept. We have an Infinite balcony so that will be very different. Might send us flying back to the S class but that works. We will disembark Edge and go across the dock and board Silhouette so we'll have a real comparison in real time.

Happy sailing all.

Pat C

"And some people like to move back and forth between the pool and the hot tubs. That won't be convenient with this goofy setup."

There is one hot tub down by the pool. But I just thought of something else rather odd, although maybe it just hasn't been revealed yet. I see a WC near each hot tub, but what about a shower?

And pity the poor pool butlers who will have to be rolling those big towel carts up and down that ramp.

It looks like there are also stairways on either end to get up to the loungers and hot tubs on Deck 16. I can see them on the deck plans and this picture shows them on one end (blue arrow).

Not sure if they will have an elevator in some of the blank areas remaining on the deck plans for accessibility for all or if it will be like the S Class with just stairs up to 16 from 15 (at least looking at Eclipse deck plans, it seems that there is no elevator). On the Edge, it looks like the elevator goes up to 15 and there are stairs up to Deck 16 at the aft end of the pool or one can go two flights up from 14 on forward end. Hope there is a plan for accessibility for all (besides the jogging ramp).

Deck 16

enhance

Edge Deck 16

deck16-2018c.gif

Eclipse Deck 16

deck16.gif

Those hot tubs amazing. Traveling solo, I hardly ever get in there as those are usually occupied with groups, but if I would, I would simply love it.

I shall be on her on 1st December this year, and I will surely post a load of photos when I´m back. From the inside, I am quite sure that this ship will have me freaking out :hearteyes:

Accessability for the hot tubs will be a bit challenging, I agree, but maybe it was to discourage some bad hot tub etiquette? I personally never use them (ever notice someone who's been drinking but also sitting in a hot tub for longggg periods of time, never getting out to go to the bathroom? point made...) however of course there will be sensible ways to get up there. Not as easy from pool to hot tub and vice versa, but there's no doubt their intentions were to save desk space with this design. I took the plans from deck 14, 15, and 16 and put them together so that they matched up as to where access would be. There's definitely stairs leading from 14 up to 16, but it will no longer be easy access from pool to hot tub due to them being on a different deck. In addition there's more stairwells located towards the rear hot tub on deck 15, but they're not showing on deck 16 (those on the port side of the ship). On the aft image I highlighted the stairs I noticed from 14 all the way up to 16, but yes, they are on the other side of the ship away from the hot tubs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=422664&d=1527798140

attachment.php?attachmentid=422665&stc=1&d=1527798162

1599393002_decksFORWARD.thumb.jpg.b68241fe05db59ffae7928c8be79039c.jpg

656413598_decksAFT.thumb.jpg.d35d58e536e23cb089ee0a4152a9c3b2.jpg

Accessability for the hot tubs will be a bit challenging, I agree, but maybe it was to discourage some bad hot tub etiquette? I personally never use them (ever notice someone who's been drinking but also sitting in a hot tub for longggg periods of time, never getting out to go to the bathroom? point made...) however of course there will be sensible ways to get up there. Not as easy from pool to hot tub and vice versa, but there's no doubt their intentions were to save desk space with this design. I took the plans from deck 14, 15, and 16 and put them together so that they matched up as to where access would be. There's definitely stairs leading from 14 up to 16, but it will no longer be easy access from pool to hot tub due to them being on a different deck. In addition there's more stairwells located towards the rear hot tub on deck 15, but they're not showing on deck 16 (those on the port side of the ship). On the aft image I highlighted the stairs I noticed from 14 all the way up to 16, but yes, they are on the other side of the ship away from the hot tubs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=422664&d=1527798140

attachment.php?attachmentid=422665&stc=1&d=1527798162

Great analysis and I most likely will neve4 used them either.

Amazing! Thanks! I recognize some Eden photos. Any hints what other places we are viewing?

I'm particularly interested in this:

1a9b34269b77a3124bcfa6cd55a6def7.jpg

Theater ceiling perhaps.

7e4c90f6963a191ee9779b79f0403cc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks Lloyd...as always.

Ship interior is coming along nicely,

.I did notice one set of stairs that look steep, curvey with different size/shape steps, and slippery. .They can be a falling hazard, even with railings. I avoid those esp with the type of glasses I wear .Hope I can find alt routes!

Other than that looks good!

Thanks Lloyd...as always.

Ship interior is coming along nicely,

.I did notice one set of stairs that look steep, curvey with different size/shape steps, and slippery. .They can be a falling hazard, even with railings. I avoid those esp with the type of glasses I wear .Hope I can find alt routes!

Other than that looks good!

One possibility is that it is the spiral stairway from the Eden Bar on 5 to Eden restaurant on 4 (when you have dinner, you start with a drink and go down the stairs to the restaurant).

"A unique, personal culinary journey is offered at the Eden Restaurant. Before entering, guests will enjoy signature cocktails at Eden Bar on the second level. Subtle cues will excite their senses and lead guests down to the Eden Restaurant."

"As dusk falls and dinner is about to be served, the Edenists will dance down the spiraling staircase signaling for guests to follow to their tables."

So, hcat, it looks like we will be following Edenists down a spiral staircase. :D This may be the staircase in question. Below you can see the staircase on the deck plan and that there is a small elevator nearby for those with mobility issues.

enhance

Frankly that sounds perfectly dreadful.

We are booked to try it (with OBC) and will likely just go there once. I think it could go either way - it doesn't sound like our cup of tea, but will go in with a sense of adventure. If nothing else, we will have an interesting story to tell. :D