Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I am not a sun person. The infinity balconies fascinate me and I am excited to try it. However, I wonder how successful this concept will be. I think many people will miss not being out in the open. The way these cabins are designed... I think you will feel more indoors than outdoors. Now for someone like me ... who burns even when sitting in the shade on a ship... I believe it will allow me to enjoy the space more than I have on other cruises. But people who usually catch some sun while laying out on the balcony may find it more like sitting by an open window. It will be interesting to see how people feel once they have experienced it. Actually reminds me of Adventure of the Seas.. an older ship where the balcony cabins really are more of a veranda nestled inside the ships structure. I loved that personally.

I am not a sun person. The infinity balconies fascinate me and I am excited to try it. However, I wonder how successful this concept will be. I think many people will miss not being out in the open. The way these cabins are designed... I think you will feel more indoors than outdoors. Now for someone like me ... who burns even when sitting in the shade on a ship... I believe it will allow me to enjoy the space more than I have on other cruises. But people who usually catch some sun while laying out on the balcony may find it more like sitting by an open window. It will be interesting to see how people feel once they have experienced it. Actually reminds me of Adventure of the Seas.. an older ship where the balcony cabins really are more of a veranda nestled inside the ships structure. I loved that personally.

The Infinite balconies was my number 1 turn off about this ship. Will wait for reports on the balconies. We spend a lot of time out there and so far, I'm not remotely interested in trying them. I'll stick to my 1As on Solstice Class.

I like the idea of infinite balconies. It would be especially nice when you are entertaining in your room & need a little extra space or when the weather is bad. We were originally booked in an S1 Sky Suite next April & I was looking forward to trying out something new. We were on a wait list & were offered a Celebrity Suite (@ regular price), I upgraded the room. After I did that, I realized the CS didn’t have the infinite balcony. Looking at the renderings, the CS isn’t that clear on the bathroom set up either. The picture I saw didn’t have bathroom doors or a toilet! LoL. I am sure they are there, just have to wait for an actual photo!

Vickie

I agree that it will be interesting what people think. I think it will work well for people like you, who can't be or don't like to be, in full sun. Since 69% of the cabins on this ship have the Infinite Veranda, hopefully they will be enjoyed by most.

I am intrigued by having choices in having the veranda become cabin space or having a sunroom-type set-up and can't wait to visit someone else's IV cabin on the Dec 1 cruise. We have people willing to show others on our roll call their Infinite Verandas. I may love them and hope they are a success.

Let's try again...

12 lifeboats arrive at the port and are being installed on the Edge.

Photos from mer at marine.

33c7d5d7d1369cdd8e9d65b711614905.jpg

93b4bb4bd8f68de9c09d72485c6f302c.jpg

47d3c60b82db886e7134346facb7f65b.jpg

6ad3e52701602bd50fc39cd7c430fba1.jpg

b6bc8c8b3f017ac5ebca6d52bfefcb20.jpg

Thank you for these awesome photos. These are obviously the lifeboats that will be in the usual spaces on the ship.....but do we know where they will store the big tenders boarding thru the Magic Carpet portal that take folks to the ports?

I like the idea of infinite balconies. It would be especially nice when you are entertaining in your room & need a little extra space or when the weather is bad. We were originally booked in an S1 Sky Suite next April & I was looking forward to trying out something new. We were on a wait list & were offered a Celebrity Suite (@ regular price), I upgraded the room. After I did that, I realized the CS didn’t have the infinite balcony. Looking at the renderings, the CS isn’t that clear on the bathroom set up either. The picture I saw didn’t have bathroom doors or a toilet! LoL. I am sure they are there, just have to wait for an actual photo!

Vickie

We booked in AQ, class as we usually do....While we may enjoy the extra space of the cabin with the Inf Balc when doors are open, we will miss a true open air balcony....

We booked in AQ, class as we usually do....While we may enjoy the extra space of the cabin with the Inf Balc when doors are open, we will miss a true open air balcony....

I thought you would have the option of using the infinite veranda as regular/true balcony or enclosing the balcony and making it part of the interior space. Is that not how it works?

Vickie

I agree that it will be interesting what people think. I think it will work well for people like you, who can't be or don't like to be, in full sun. Since 69% of the cabins on this ship have the Infinite Veranda, hopefully they will be enjoyed by most.

I am intrigued by having choices in having the veranda become cabin space or having a sunroom-type set-up and can't wait to visit someone else's IV cabin on the Dec 1 cruise. We have people willing to show others on our roll call their Infinite Verandas. I may love them and hope they are a success.

It seems like when both the balcony doors in the stateroom & the balcony “window” (the upper half that slides down to make it open air) are both closed, it would make the room much more energy efficient. I wonder if that was the goal in the design.

Vickie

Thank you for these awesome photos. These are obviously the lifeboats that will be in the usual spaces on the ship.....but do we know where they will store the big tenders boarding thru the Magic Carpet portal that take folks to the ports?

There are six(6) lifeboats on each side of the Edge ship.

Yes there are six "boats" on each side of Edge. The first and last are "Lifeboats" and the four in the middle are "Tender/Lifeboats". At least that is what was shown on the last official rendering.

The sea trials for the moment are unofficially scheduled for July 26th and 27th.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Lloyd - Thank for the update and the Life/Tender Boat pictures.

I will admit that I have not seen all lifeboat of all ships being delivered. But, this is probably the first time I have seen them fully covered (in that white plastic) and concealed, delivered to the ship and loaded. Reminds me of Car makers when they come out with a new model and are testing it somewhere but don't want to competition to see what it looks like yet.

I thought you would have the option of using the infinite veranda as regular/true balcony or enclosing the balcony and making it part of the interior space. Is that not how it works?

Vickie

There's an option but there are walls on the sides of the space, rather than opaque partitions making it diff than current style balconies,.. seems more like a semi enclosed lanai... guess we'll find out once she is launched.

There have been ships in the past where the verandas didn't extend beyond the steel of the ship, e.g. the ex-Renaissance 'R-ships' which are all still in service and beloved by Oceania and Azamara fans. And the latest trend on River Ships is exactly this 'infinite balcony' design [scenic, Crystal] So it must work for many passengers.

There have been ships in the past where the verandas didn't extend beyond the steel of the ship, e.g. the ex-Renaissance 'R-ships' which are all still in service and beloved by Oceania and Azamara fans. And the latest trend on River Ships is exactly this 'infinite balcony' design [scenic, Crystal] So it must work for many passengers.

Many ships. Voyager and Explorer of the Seas come to mind right away.

We'll find out in January.

We prefer AQ class so no choice.

Does one of the suites have both an open balc and Inf or was that changed?? Just curious... suites out of reach for us esp on EDGE.

We'll find out in January.

We prefer AQ class so no choice.

Does one of the suites have both an open balc and Inf or was that changed?? Just curious... suites out of reach for us esp on EDGE.

Not that I know of - the CS had a loggia (a sunroom - not sure the window would have opened, but didn't look like it) and balcony, but it appears that was recently changed to just a balcony. Not sure if the Iconic Suite has an IV, but doesn't look like it.