Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

One possibility is that it is the spiral stairway from the Eden Bar on 5 to Eden restaurant on 4 (when you have dinner, you start with a drink and go down the stairs to the restaurant).

"A unique, personal culinary journey is offered at the Eden Restaurant. Before entering, guests will enjoy signature cocktails at Eden Bar on the second level. Subtle cues will excite their senses and lead guests down to the Eden Restaurant."

"As dusk falls and dinner is about to be served, the Edenists will dance down the spiraling staircase signaling for guests to follow to their tables."

So, hcat, it looks like we will be following Edenists down a spiral staircase. :D This may be the staircase in question. Below you can see the staircase on the deck plan and that there is a small elevator nearby for those with mobility issues.

enhance

The staircase in question is in the main theater (you can see part of it in the image on the right) with the spectacular ceiling seen in other photos ...

367ba2d65aebb38f96d875e9147e776b.jpg

The staircase in Eden that you refer to is this one from Celebrity reveal video...

b8c1b6065533f5af9a61e5155a578700.jpg

c88c14086260eac4c6b2a7efc5ff8ca7.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Sorry about not labeling most of the photos in previous posts.

In the original Celebrity Edge FB post , most were not labeled and others that weren't obvious (like the Eden photos) were restaurants. Waiting to see these when construction has progressed further.

This was labeled Destination Gateway on deck 2.

faf42849a454b625ce99ff83c961ef94.jpg

This was labeled Grand Plaza.

56725f03dbb20c366f31c4a3fae70cd3.jpg

This was labeled Teen's Club.

91192912f4a29a50b1971f46dda142c7.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

The staircase in question is in the main theater (you can see part of it in the image on the right) with the spectacular ceiling seen in other photos ...

367ba2d65aebb38f96d875e9147e776b.jpg

The staircase in Eden that you refer to is this one from Celebrity reveal video...

b8c1b6065533f5af9a61e5155a578700.jpg

c88c14086260eac4c6b2a7efc5ff8ca7.jpg

Thanks! That makes sense - I'd forgotten there were pictures of them. Oh good, I was hoping I wasn't going to go to the bar for drinks and then walk down those stairs for dinner! ;)

That theater looks pretty spectacular!

Thanks for new views and clarification....Hope the theatre staircase is optional...The glasses I wear are graduated lenses... for some reason going down the stairs is more difficult than going up...

Theatre itself looks to be an awesome venue.

Celebrity entertainment seems obsessed with dancing on stair cases...they did that in the main lobby on S Class ships for several of the non theatre shows...We call it " dancing and prancing".

Seems BLU, Eden Bar and Eden Cafe are all on the same level...guess we'll be in those areas quite a bit on our cruise.!

Having a drink at the Eden Bar at one of the outside tables before heading to Blu sounds nice. :D

Are all the AQ 1 & 2 cabins on deck 9 the same size?

According to a deck plan website they are the same size (201 sq ft cabin and 42 sq ft balcony). I imagine the difference is location (A1s more midship and closer to elevators, etc.).

First time using Cruise critic. I am trying to ask question but not sure where or how so I will try here first. We are booked on the new Celebrity Edge for November 2019 and booked a port corner aft sky suite S1. We did that because on other celebrity ships, such as reflections, there was a nice sized side porthole window looking out to port. this was in addition to the wrapping veranda. Every rendition pic of the Edge that I have found is contradictory, some showing no large side porthole on the corner aft sky suites, others show it. This is one of the main reasons we chose this suite, and Celebrity's rep's have not been able to tell which it is. I would love to know asap in time to change rooms if necessary. Any help from the Cruise critic "in the know" crowd would be most helpful.

First time using Cruise critic. I am trying to ask question but not sure where or how so I will try here first. We are booked on the new Celebrity Edge for November 2019 and booked a port corner aft sky suite S1. We did that because on other celebrity ships, such as reflections, there was a nice sized side porthole window looking out to port. this was in addition to the wrapping veranda. Every rendition pic of the Edge that I have found is contradictory, some showing no large side porthole on the corner aft sky suites, others show it. This is one of the main reasons we chose this suite, and Celebrity's rep's have not been able to tell which it is. I would love to know asap in time to change rooms if necessary. Any help from the Cruise critic "in the know" crowd would be most helpful.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Here is a thread about the Sky Suites which will help you, I think.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2472839

It doesn't appear that those portholes in the corner aft suites will be on the Edge (looking at the renditions of the suites and the actual pictures of the exterior part of the ship). We enjoyed them as well, but we are looking forward to many other features of those suites (will be in one on Dec 1 and look forward the 163 sq ft balcony and beautiful aft view) and maybe there will be other surprise advantages.

I would suggest that you look through that thread and if you have other questions, be sure to ask. There are lots of people willing to help you. :D

It looks from the rendering that the round openings are actually for veranda cabins 1A. If you look at deck plans and photos of the ship you will notice that the number of 1A cabins aft line up with the images showing a round opening. It appears that these are more traditional veranda cabins... not to be confused with infinite veranda cabins which have the window incorporated with the balcony railing... if you follow. It will be difficult to look to port without standing at the railing. As a separate note, I would have concerns with the S3 suites which are where the Magic Carpet runs. It appears to me that these cabins on deck 6 might have something of an obstructed view when the MC is placed on Deck 5. The roof supporting structure looks rather massive. It will be interesting to see. Also heaven for bid you are changing clothes while they are repositioning the MC... I assume no one is on it.. but who knows :)

It looks from the rendering that the round openings are actually for veranda cabins 1A. If you look at deck plans and photos of the ship you will notice that the number of 1A cabins aft line up with the images showing a round opening. It appears that these are more traditional veranda cabins... not to be confused with infinite veranda cabins which have the window incorporated with the balcony railing... if you follow. It will be difficult to look to port without standing at the railing. As a separate note, I would have concerns with the S3 suites which are where the Magic Carpet runs. It appears to me that these cabins on deck 6 might have something of an obstructed view when the MC is placed on Deck 5. The roof supporting structure looks rather massive. It will be interesting to see. Also heaven for bid you are changing clothes while they are repositioning the MC... I assume no one is on it.. but who knows :)

I agree that those aft 1A's and 1B's (Deluxe Ocean View with Veranda) originally gave us hope for portholes in the S1's, but then it became apparent that they were separate verandas with round openings. They are intriguing and cheaper, but as you said, it will be harder to see the sights except at the rail (though it is clear below the railing so may be able to see something from your chair).

Aft 1As (Deluxe Ocean View Verandas), 1Bs are on Deck 6

(picture from Lloyd way back)

292d4d81ac6d3c96b5eb24763615ed0a.jpg

I agree that, when the MC is on 5, the S3 verandas on 6 and verandas to each side will be obstructed (it sounds like the MC will only be on deck 5 as an extension for dinner at Raw on 5 in the evening at dinner time and not every evening). This might give you an idea of what the obstruction will be like.

enhance

As far as people seeing you on the way by on the MC, this is in the Edge FAQs:

"A schedule of Magic Carpet’s positioning will be published daily for guests.

42. WILL PEOPLE ON THE MAGIC CARPET BE ABLE TO LOOK INTO MY ROOM AS THEY PASS BY?

• Guests cannot be on the Magic Carpet when it repositions.

• There are shades in the staterooms"

This leads me to believe that crew could possibly be on the MC (it just says guests), since it seems to imply that we will get a schedule for movement every day, so pull your shades at those times. :D

Maybe something more current disputes this, but this was what they initially published. Until I hear otherwise, I plan to keep our shades closed at MC movement times or go out and wave as they go by. ;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Here is a thread about the Sky Suites which will help you, I think.

It doesn't appear that those portholes in the corner aft suites will be on the Edge (looking at the renditions of the suites and the actual pictures of the exterior part of the ship). We enjoyed them as well, but we are looking forward to many other features of those suites (will be in one on Dec 1 and look forward the 163 sq ft balcony and beautiful aft view) and maybe there will be other surprise advantages.

I would suggest that you look through that thread and if you have other questions, be sure to ask. There are lots of people willing to help you. :D

We skipped on doing aft this time around even though we love them on S class as there does not appear to be any wraparound with the balconies and no portholes, so they seem like they might be more similar to the Sunset Verandas on this ship with a wider cabin and balcony size. Was also concerned about how much Eden protrudes out the back. We decided to do S1 midship to have it be less of a walk to The Retreat area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This might be one ship where I would like to do a pub crawl... just to see the different type of cabins. Most ships don't seem to have as much variety as this ship. At least that is my impression. I wonder if the lifeboats cause any obstruction. We are on deck 6. We have been in a 2D cabin on Silhouette and frankly it was not an issue.... but then again we had a very good deal on the price of that particular cruise. I hope that we will get some more updates. I wish the marketing team was putting out weekly... tiny updates ... just to keep things interesting.

Thanks vtcruising. Guess its too late to move and I wouldn't know where to move anyway. I guess we will see how we like this S1portside aft sky suite and hope that it still wows us. Did I hear correctly that balcony also doesn't wrap around like on other celebrity ships?

Thanks vtcruising. Guess its too late to move and I wouldn't know where to move anyway. I guess we will see how we like this S1portside aft sky suite and hope that it still wows us. Did I hear correctly that balcony also doesn't wrap around like on other celebrity ships?

I think the suite life will wow you and you will have one of the largest balconies on the ship (only the Edge Villas, Penthouse and Iconic suites are bigger), with room for loungers and a party, if you like :D.

We like sunshine (being from Vermont) and I think we will have more sunshine back there, with 180 degree views. It doesn't appear that the balconies wrap around on this class of ship. Here is a picture during the float out. That is me waving from my balcony on Jan 20. :cool:

I do hope that we will be able to look down into Eden during the "sinful" nights. ;)

enhance

Thanks vtcruising! great pic! I will be on deck 11 the following year and the pic let me see where.

I think the suite life will wow you and you will have one of the largest balconies on the ship (only the Edge Villas, Penthouse and Iconic suites are bigger), with room for loungers and a party, if you like :D.

We like sunshine (being from Vermont) and I think we will have more sunshine back there, with 180 degree views. It doesn't appear that the balconies wrap around on this class of ship. Here is a picture during the float out. That is me waving from my balcony on Jan 20. :cool:

I do hope that we will be able to look down into Eden during the "sinful" nights. ;)

enhance