Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thanks. We are one of the lucky ones with a suite along the magic carpet next March. (12160) . I don't usually do reviews but I promise to give everyone a heads up if there are "issues".

Cruise ON!

Craig

Hi Craig

Be good to the suite in March. We have the same suite for the 4/21/19 sailing. I am anxious to hear your comments.

Thanks

Jeff

Are they going to have a meet and greet sign up on this cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just signed up for Meet & Mingle, we have 11 so far

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maddy, this is not a roll call for an Edge Cruise, it is a forum to discuss all things related to the new ship.

If you do a board search under cruise line roll calls, you will find the one for your particular cruise. 😊

Lloyd - Thanks for the new photo updates. It's been quiet here for a while.

That last photo seems to be the Portside of the pool deck evidenced by the two champagne glass looking hot tubs begining to take shape.

Thanks Lloyd

Does anyone else think that those upper hot tubs look incredibly dangerous?
In these first two photos, no.

58c6843cbebd7fd0fd754e1a220fc899.jpg

7fdd3be1c8b5534a2b1a469696856b8e.jpg

In this photo, possibly.

b0cb730165245661120cd53058f3a697.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I hope it's based on the first two photos. Those seem to have a lot more room on the edges to just sit and walk around to find a spot in the hot tub. On the third photo, you would have to walk up to the tub and get into it at that spot right away.

All look very dangerous...esp for the kiddies that take them over, folks who are drinking and whenever the ship is on wavy seas!

Also for those below if things or people fall over the Edge!

All look very dangerous...esp for the kiddies that take them over, folks who are drinking and whenever the ship is on wavy seas!

I would assume there is glass below the railings. The height seems to be the standard height of veranda railings. Only concern would be falling objects. Like kids, drinks, cell phones:eek:

Thanks for the warning! I will stay clear of the martini glass stems! [emoji2]

She really compensates her outer appearance with her inner one. This ship is all about inner values and will not make one proud to approach her in port.

Or to speak it out once and for all - she is really freakin ugly... However, it does not matter too much as one will spend all of her / his time in her inside.

This post contains a personal opinion of taste and is not meant to offend any other person´s taste or start a discussion :)

I understand the concerns about the hot tubs being that way but remember, CHILDREN ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE HOT TUBS! As a grandparent I would not allow the kids in anyway. The temperatures are not good for young kids but parents seem to ignore that fact. We don't utilize the hot tubs so it's not a real concern for me but when my kids and grandkids were little they were not allowed in them. I do agree that if someone is drinking and stands up "tipsy" it might be a hazard. It looks like they took the hot tubs off the main pool deck for more room. We are on board next January so this will be a sight to see.

We love the M and S class ships but thought we'd give this one a try. Might be one and done.

When we disembark from Edge we head right over to Silhouette so it will be a real-time comparison and I'm just speculating but think the S class might win over the new "E".

Willing to give it a try just to explore and thanks Lloyd for the great pictures. Now if only we got the remaining "open spaces" on the deck plans I would really be happy. Just too long for these "reveals". Makes it way too boring.

Just my opinion folks.

Pat C

I understand the concerns about the hot tubs being that way but remember, CHILDREN ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE HOT TUBS! As a grandparent I would not allow the kids in anyway. The temperatures are not good for young kids but parents seem to ignore that fact. We don't utilize the hot tubs so it's not a real concern for me but when my kids and grandkids were little they were not allowed in them. I do agree that if someone is drinking and stands up "tipsy" it might be a hazard. It looks like they took the hot tubs off the main pool deck for more room. We are on board next January so this will be a sight to see.

We love the M and S class ships but thought we'd give this one a try. Might be one and done.

When we disembark from Edge we head right over to Silhouette so it will be a real-time comparison and I'm just speculating but think the S class might win over the new "E".

Willing to give it a try just to explore and thanks Lloyd for the great pictures. Now if only we got the remaining "open spaces" on the deck plans I would really be happy. Just too long for these "reveals". Makes it way too boring.

Just my opinion folks.

Pat C

Pat, I hope you will do a comparison review thread in January - it would be very interesting! [emoji2]

I am sure there will be kids on the cruises, but I doubt they will be taking over these hot tubs :)

Well I don’t actually foresee many people using them. I remember thinking when I first saw the deck plans what an impractical design it was.

Consider....they are up on deck 16. How to get there? Well, you can walk up the oval jogging track from deck 15, but remember, the pool is on deck 14 and you don’t get to the jogging track from there.

Well, what about taking the elevator to deck 16? We keep hearing that it will be a key-access only area since that’s where the Suite sundeck is.

To me, this doesn’t make a lot of sense. e6b57cc2b7320622de69e7a33f4bc423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything could be dangerous but I do see a railing and glass underneath

Thanks

Maybe these hot tubs will be an exception to SOP due to their location or cruise demographics, but the outdoor hot tubs are used by children as heated pools all the time. Their parents put them right in,..no concern for their health risks or the rules.....and no enforcement by X

That's why the Solarium hot tubs are coveted, no kiddies and shaded.