Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Does anyone knows If the waiter from lumenea, Captain Kirk is moving to the edge

Funny you should ask.... when we were on board in January we asked him and he said no, he’s been on Equinox for many years and said he’s too settled to make a change. Luminae on Equinox runs perfectly now and it’s a lot of work getting a new restaurant started. We will see him again in October and I’ll ask him again, just in case!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the glass is installed, perhaps it is more to protect it while construction is still underway.

Interesting in the video even the funnel is now covered up. Not seen it on other ship builds so much so not sure of the practical purpose it’s serving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it’s due to the new type of infinity balcony. Glass may not be in yet.

My guess is there are several coats of Spray painting that continues to be done; the tarp covering is likely an environmental code requirement as well as keeping any "foreign outside materials" and birds/insects from interfering with the painting applications.

My guess is there are several coats of Spray painting that continues to be done; the tarp covering is likely an environmental code requirement as well as keeping any "foreign outside materials" and birds/insects from interfering with the painting applications.

Thanks and agree. But have you noticed that the blue that she has now is deferent them on the latest renderin, more like the original presentations.

Confirmed?

Celebrity Giveth, and Celebrity Taketh Away - November Preview Sailings Cancelled

http://www.cruisehabit.com/celebrity-giveth-and-celebrity-taketh-away-november-preview-sailings-cancelled

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Looks like it’s true. So many people will be disappointed. I wonder why they’re being cancelled.

Confirmed?

Celebrity Giveth, and Celebrity Taketh Away - November Preview Sailings Cancelled

http://www.cruisehabit.com/celebrity-giveth-and-celebrity-taketh-away-november-preview-sailings-cancelled

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this, Lloyd! I guess I will have to wait another week to step onto the Lledge (rebooked for Dec 1). :D

Looks like it’s true. So many people will be disappointed. I wonder why they’re being cancelled.

I think it has something to do with when the ship arrives at the FLL cruise port and the amount of time it takes to get the new crew members on board and acclimated prior to receiving passengers. On my recent cruise I had spoken to a junior officer who was being reassigned to Edge. She spoke about the challenge of a new ship and particularly a new crew coming from everywhere that have to learn everything in a very short time.

I think it has something to do with when the ship arrives at the FLL cruise port and the amount of time it takes to get the new crew members on board and acclimated prior to receiving passengers. On my recent cruise I had spoken to a junior officer who was being reassigned to Edge. She spoke about the challenge of a new ship and particularly a new crew coming from everywhere that have to learn everything in a very short time.

Understandable...but sure wish they had anticipated this additional challenge.

I think it has something to do with when the ship arrives at the FLL cruise port and the amount of time it takes to get the new crew members on board and acclimated prior to receiving passengers.

The crew gets on board earlier and receives the training. I´m pretty sure that crew gets onboard in Saint-Nazaire and gets the training on the Non-TA. Oasis and Allure did not staff in Port Everglades but had all crew onboard on the Non-TA.

steamboats

When I talked to the redeployment rep yesterday, she said they needed time to make sure everything was set up in the port (I would think things like gangways and maybe other infrastructure within the terminal that needs the ship there to complete). I asked when the ship was arriving (I had assumed it would arrive a few days ahead of time to have things put in place), she said it was arriving 11/21 (the date of the first preview cruise). Either this was poor planning, or the timeline for completion changed a bit, which is what I suspect since if I thought they would need a few days in the port to set stuff up, I would hope they thought of it. :D

When I talked to the redeployment rep yesterday, she said they needed time to make sure everything was set up in the port (I would think things like gangways and maybe other infrastructure within the terminal that needs the ship there to complete). I asked when the ship was arriving (I had assumed it would arrive a few days ahead of time to have things put in place), she said it was arriving 11/21 (the date of the first preview cruise). Either this was poor planning, or the timeline for completion changed a bit, which is what I suspect since if I thought they would need a few days in the port to set stuff up, I would hope they thought of it. :D

They don't typically arrive days early and sit idle in port. A cruise line is charged port fees for all the hours they will be docked, and just sitting there would cost money. Cruise docks don't need special advanced set up for individual ships. Their gangways and other devices are adjustable. Otherwise, each port a ship visits would have to have special gangways and other infrastructure specific for every ship that will dock there. This would prevent ships from docking at infrequent ports, such as on an transatlantic or other special, once only itineraries. Only unique ships, such as RCI's Oasis class ships because of their size, might need special infrastructure at ports they visit. That is why those ships only cruise limited itineraries.

Edge is not that different than most other ships as far as docking is concerned. It is smaller than many ships recently put into service. It is shorter than the Solstice class ships, for example.

Edited by sloopsailor

They don't typically arrive days early and sit idle in port. A cruise line is charged port fees for all the hours they will be docked, and just sitting there would cost money. Cruise docks don't need advanced set up for individual ships. Their gangways and other devices are adjustable. Otherwise, each port a ship visits would have to have special gangways and other infrastructure specific for every ship that will dock there. This would prevent ships from docking at infrequent ports, such as on an transatlantic or other special, once only itineraries. Only unique ships, such as RCI's Oasis class ships, might need special infrastructure at ports they visit. That is why those ships only cruise limited itineraries. Edge is not that different than most other ships as far as docking is concerned.

Well that’s their story and they are sticking to it.�� (both reps had the same story).

She did say that they needed a week to do it and there might be something going on from 11/27-12/1 (I think I had heard that was a TA/VIP group onboard then). I would rather they have the time to fix issues that they find in that week and a half, so am happy to wait until 12/1. :)

Edited by vtcruising

The crew gets on board earlier and receives the training. I´m pretty sure that crew gets onboard in Saint-Nazaire and gets the training on the Non-TA. Oasis and Allure did not staff in Port Everglades but had all crew onboard on the Non-TA.

steamboats

I agree. The ship does not sail across the ocean empty.

The crew is on board as the interior work is finished. And we have heard that one task that they also have to perform is to flush the toilets in every stateroom at the same time to test the plumbing!

Those members of the staff we spoke with on our last Reflection cruise who were chosen to go to the Edge said they would be joining the ship in September.

Edited by C-Dragons

Well that’s their story and they are sticking to it.�� (both reps had the same story).

She did say that they needed a week to do it and there might be something going on from 11/27-12/1 (I think I had heard that was a TA/VIP group onboard then). I would rather they have the time to fix issues that they find in that week and a half, so am happy to wait until 12/1. :)

Usually the cruise lines allow VIP's and TA's to see and inspect the ships before the first revenue cruises. The naming ceremony would also take place then as well. I'm sure X has given their agents “talking points” to use regardless of the real reasons why the first cruises were canceled. 😉

Usually the cruise lines allow VIP's and TA's to see and inspect the ships before the first revenue cruises. The naming ceremony would also take place then as well. I'm sure X has given their agents “talking points” to use regardless of the real reasons why the first cruises were canceled. 😉

That makes sense. I’m fine with it, though feel sorry for those who had to cancel. On one of the roll calls, someone said their TA said it was a charter, but time will tell. Likely the reps don’t know the real reason (nor the TAs). Now it is time to move forward and plan for the next cruise. :)

They don't typically arrive days early and sit idle in port. A cruise line is charged port fees for all the hours they will be docked, and just sitting there would cost money. Cruise docks don't need special advanced set up for individual ships. Their gangways and other devices are adjustable. Otherwise, each port a ship visits would have to have special gangways and other infrastructure specific for every ship that will dock there. This would prevent ships from docking at infrequent ports, such as on an transatlantic or other special, once only itineraries. Only unique ships, such as RCI's Oasis class ships because of their size, might need special infrastructure at ports they visit. That is why those ships only cruise limited itineraries.

Edge is not that different than most other ships as far as docking is concerned. It is smaller than many ships recently put into service. It is shorter than the Solstice class ships, for example.

The issue here may be the fact that they are building a new terminal for Edge in Ft Lauderdale.