2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

Legit question - no sarcasm or anything: Are people planning their cruises around the officers? For instance, if you hear that so&so transferred to a different ship/itinerary would you switch cruises to follow them? Or if so&so was now on your cruise and they were rumored to be terrible would you switch to avoid them? Basically I'm asking what does it matter who the officers are or what their vacation schedules are?

Incidentally, when I go on a cruise and see a officer/crew member who I remember it's like a pleasant surprise to me but I enjoy surprises like that. If it is someone I don't like which I had once it didn't really bother me as we weren't sharing a cabin or meals or anything.

Legit question - no sarcasm or anything: Are people planning their cruises around the officers? For instance, if you hear that so&so transferred to a different ship/itinerary would you switch cruises to follow them? Or if so&so was now on your cruise and they were rumored to be terrible would you switch to avoid them? Basically I'm asking what does it matter who the officers are or what their vacation schedules are?

Incidentally, when I go on a cruise and see a officer/crew member who I remember it's like a pleasant surprise to me but I enjoy surprises like that. If it is someone I don't like which I had once it didn't really bother me as we weren't sharing a cabin or meals or anything.

I don't want to sail on Dawn when Alian is.

Edited by biker@sea

Many of us just like to know where some of the officers & staff will be sailing.

I also like to know who will be on my cruise

& that is a personal preference.

I do not plan my cruises for a specific officer or staff member, but others do and

I think that is great.

While I like some staff more than others, I can say that

I have never met one that would deter me from sailing with them.

I know I am not alone in wanting to know which staff are on which ships

because there are so many folks on this thread.

I respect you opinion to not want to know.

I would suggest that you not visit here

& you will always have your great surprises.

Happy sailing!! :):)

Judy

Edited by Travel Junkie Judy

Many of us just like to know where some of the officers & staff will be sailing.

I also like to know who will be on my cruise

& that is a personal preference.

I do not plan my cruises for a specific officer or staff member, but others do and

I think that is great.

While I like some staff more than others, I can say that

I have never met one that would deter me from sailing with them.

I know I am not alone in wanting to know which staff are on which ships

because there are so many folks on this thread.

I respect you opinion to not want to know.

I would suggest that you not visit here

& you will always have your great surprises.

Happy sailing!! :):)

Judy

Thank you for answering my question. It was a simple one as to whether people plan their travel around particular staff members. I did not say I don't want to know or would rather be surprised - just that it's nice when I see someone familiar. If it mattered to me I would not have opened this thread at all so your suggestion is not needed.

Yes, we are among the many who have booked specific cruises because of the officers and crew on board.

We have done so to renew contact with 3 Hotel Directors, 1 Food & Beverage Dirictor, 2 Concierges, and 1 Butler.

In each case, these individuals have become personal friends over and above their cruise ship career.

Likewise, we have booked cruises to sail with past cruise mates who have become friends or booked a cruise that allowed us to plan a pre or post cruise visit with them.

Also, we have decided not to book or cancelled pre booked cruises because of the officer staffing that was scheduled to be aboard.

Edited by Uniall

We always want to cruise with Adrian Bica as our concierge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, Deepak is HD on Escape since Sean left. Sean will be HD on Joy. I can't agree more with Captain Lars on Getaway. We also liked the Captain on the Breakaway this month. We are sailing on the Jade April 30th. Do you know the staff on the Jade currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Deepak is HD on Escape since Sean left. Sean will be HD on Joy. I can't agree more with Captain Lars on Getaway. We also liked the Captain on the Breakaway this month. We are sailing on the Jade April 30th. Do you know the staff on the Jade currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe Jovo will be the HD on the Escape as of February 17th sailing

Sean, Jovo, Martin, Adrian and Kvianic are the best of the best in our opinion. We hope to sail with at least some of them very soon...................:rolleyes:

Sean and Martin will be bringing out the Joy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anybody know who will be the CD for the May 20 Gem cruise? So much does depend on a fun spirited person. Been on some ships when the CD was so lame.

It's too far out to have good guesses at this point. Mid-April would be a good time to ask again.

Khaide612, no offense taken :)

As for us, we scrimp and save to book our suites (expecting the kids will be *delighted* to have us move in when we run out of money) and depend a lot on the services of our Concierge and Butler. Most have provided outstanding customer service and have made our cruises extra special. You did notice I said "most"...

So, yeppers, I really want to know so I can adjust my expectations accordingly.

Sean, Jovo, Martin, Adrian and Kvianic are the best of the best in our opinion. We hope to sail with at least some of them very soon...................:rolleyes:

I do not know the others but Jovo is fantastic. Such a professional and has made our trips.

Getaway

Johan Stofling Captain

Hotel Director Errol Bailey until 4/23/17

Asst HD Evangelos Markozannes

Food & Beverage Director Anil Chinthapattla

Cruise Director Belinda Zheng until mid January then Joy CD

Executive Housekeeper Jose Omier

Guest Service Manager Odie Lopez

Executive Chef Ricardo Pinheiro

Restaurant Manager Tanberg Dsouza

Beverage Mgr Aldo Candare

Cruise Next Mgr Melissa De Beer

Concierge Virginia Brotherton till mid January then John Dsouza returns

Asst Concierge Kadek aka Special K

Was guest service manager, Odie Lopez, On either Epic in 2015 or Escape in 2016. His name rings a bell to me. I hope it is the same guy. He was excellent. Thanks for any info. We will sail Feb. 5th-12, 2017 on getaway.