Is it reasonable to have to vacate cabins at 7am on disembarkation?

AnOnymously

Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?  

858 members have voted

1. 1. Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?

The decision to amend the cabin vacating time would have been a Corporate decision that has backfired and they have reverted to the old timings. Complaints must have been greater than was expressed here to make the change back, but good on X for listening to their customers. They did away with the evening chocolates a couple of years ago but had to bring them back because of customer angst. Not of the same quality but evening pillow chocolates never the less.

Just to be correct. A thread on this subject was closed, this thread with the poll has never been closed and seems to me to have played a significant part in getting change. Perhaps you just don't like the subject.

Beating a dead horse. Isn't this a done issue? How much yada, yada, yada, can one person tolerate. :eek:

I suggest you don't click on the thread.

Your words are more polite then the ones I was thinking .

Some express gratitude when an unwarranted policy is revoked as if something wonderful happened .

Others actually believe this policy was instituted without head-offices approval . I have a bridge for them . :confused:

Yes....please

As the originator of the thread, I thought that it had done its job and requested the mods to close it soon after the Celebrity posting.

But I have to suspect the motivation of people who want the thread closed otherwise.

No body has to read the thread, you do not have someone threatening you if you don't read it. It is YOUR choice, you know by now what will be in it. There are many threads on many forums that I do not read, but perhaps some of us cannot be discerning or sometimes sycophants want criticism suppressed.

I do not believe that Celebrity started this, because if they had even thought it would be very controversial, they would have acted on the feedback much earlier and being controversial is the only reason that I can think that they 'tested' it on some ships.

My opinion, and as Dirty Harry says "Opinions are like aholes, everybody has got one" is that some/all ships are struggling with the turnaround after staff reductions and late leavers and some ships decided to announce 7am in order to get people out for 8am...and it backfired.

As the originator of the thread, I thought that it had done its job and requested the mods to close it soon after the Celebrity posting.

But I have to suspect the motivation of people who want the thread closed otherwise.

No body has to read the thread, you do not have someone threatening you if you don't read it. It is YOUR choice, you know by now what will be in it. There are many threads on many forums that I do not read, but perhaps some of us cannot be discerning or sometimes sycophants want criticism suppressed.

I do not believe that Celebrity started this, because if they had even thought it would be very controversial, they would have acted on the feedback much earlier and being controversial is the only reason that I can think that they 'tested' it on some ships.

My opinion, and as Dirty Harry says "Opinions are like aholes, everybody has got one" is that some/all ships are struggling with the turnaround after staff reductions and late leavers and some ships decided to announce 7am in order to get people out for 8am...and it backfired.

Yes, you're right and I'll just avoid the thread at this point. I only thought it ought to be closed as the issue seems to have been resolved. If others want to keep talking about it....well have at it.

Why did X reduce stateroom staff if they are paid out of tips anyway?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I believe some people have put forward the theory that Celebrity wanted to use their accommodations to have more revenue enhancing staff.

I believe some people have put forward the theory that Celebrity wanted to use their accommodations to have more revenue enhancing staff.

Well it definitely isn't bar staff, in the shops?? I could believe that as every time I walked through there I saw loads of staff standing around with little to do.

Well it definitely isn't bar staff, in the shops?? I could believe that as every time I walked through there I saw loads of staff standing around with little to do.

I believe it was the reduction of a steward and an assistant for the cabins, to just having a steward. Though reading other threads some people have complained at not being able to get served for drinks unless they went to the bar themselves.

I believe it was the reduction of a steward and an assistant for the cabins, to just having a steward. Though reading other threads some people have complained at not being able to get served for drinks unless they went to the bar themselves.

That was definitely our experience, makes you wonder why tips keep rising with the staff levels falling

Our experience also.

Your words are more polite then the ones I was thinking .

Some express gratitude when an unwarranted policy is revoked as if something wonderful happened .

Others actually believe this policy was instituted without head-offices approval . I have a bridge for them . :confused:

So I guess the only ones that should be allowed to post on this thread are those that agree with you. Some how I have a feeling that even if the CEO's head was served up on a platter, you'd still think they didn't do enough to repent. SMFH.

For the 7:00am disembarking what time did it say the ship arrived on the itinerary? My cousin and I are booked on the Reflection in April for the transatlantic. The cruise ends in Civitavecchia with arrival at 5:00am. We are in a suite so would we be able to go to Luminae that morning or not? What would be the latest time we could exit the ship taking our luggage with us?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the 7:00am disembarking what time did it say the ship arrived on the itinerary? My cousin and I are booked on the Reflection in April for the transatlantic. The cruise ends in Civitavecchia with arrival at 5:00am. We are in a suite so would we be able to go to Luminae that morning or not? What would be the latest time we could exit the ship taking our luggage with us?

Thanks!

The ship would like everyone off the ship by as close to 9.00 am as possible but this is not always practical. Boarding is normally around 11.00 am but boarding cant commence until everyone has been cleared off the ship.

Thank you for your reply. That will help me in booking our ride in to Rome.

WE arrived in Civitivecchia on the Constellation last year at 5.30 am but disembarkation wasn't allowed until 6.30 am. It had something to do with port workers start time or something like that. Unless one has organised transport at the gangway one must take the shuttle to the port gates as walking within the port is mot permitted

Just off the Equionix, ten days in the Carribean. We had a 10am flight that everybody said was a big mistake. A couple at our dinner table were going to Newark also but had a 1:30 flight.

We got up at 6:00am, wolfed down a muffin from the buffet we absconded with the night before. Proceeded up to 14 which was our designated disembarkation point with all our luggage. At 7:30 we proceeded down to the gangway jumped in a taxi that we had pre reserved and paid for.

Quick run to the airport. We had preprinted our boarding passes on the ship which are TSA preferred. There was a curbside checkin counter with no passengers there. Ten minutes to process luggage tags and off we go to the gate.

Zipped through security with our TSA preferred. No removing laptop, no removing shoes, special priority line.

Arrival time at gate ready to board: 8:35 for a 9:36 boarding time.

Can be done if you're willing to put a little effort into it. Home at 2:30. Our friends with the 1:30 flight didn't home until after 6:00pm, if they were lucky.

I really prefer to have a more relaxing end to our vacation than having to manage such tight deadlines. And never fly out the day of disembarkation. Just us. And as this was your choice to vacate so early that's great. It wasn't the cruiseline doing it.

Edited by Pushka