Voyager Auckland to Singapore, January 26 - February 20, 2017

WesW

Gil, as you can see with our additional GBR pics posted below we had exceptional views under water. Your last graph above is coming in broken and not understandable :)

JIm/Bill understand completely your concerns about winter and snow having lived in Germany shoveling and snow blowing snow each winter for the ten years we lived there during our military careers. Jim, look forward to meeting you in Singapore.

We are now docked in Cooktown and will enjoy a morning ship's excursion, titled Historic Cooktown.

Last nite we enjoyed yet another delish dinner in the Regent Seven Seas Voyager main restaurant, please enjoy a few pics of our Voyager snorkel team enjoying a massive Chicken Kiev and a Chocolate Soufflé.

Also included some more pics from our snorkel tour in Great Barrier Reef yesterday.

18f9905da5e21b634820a9869de3f260.jpg

3d3036a16deffd37152b0254cdc5f772.jpg

4f3760d5b136ecb940789f63fb939ee3.jpg

53b2cf3b35d41a7e20ff02a63b8d1177.jpg

f89e1e106a67e812be610e25d10c8dfd.jpg

JIm/Bill understand completely your concerns about winter and snow having lived in Germany shoveling and snow blowing snow each winter for the ten years we lived there during our military careers.

Wes, I grew up in northern Ohio, then was was stationed in Germany for 7.5 years and another 7 in Colorado...and stayed in Colorado another 13 years after I retired. As much as I loved the snow I have to say I'm quickly getting to love the warmer weather...it felt good - REAL good - to give away my snow blower when I left Colorado!

Your very welcome Jackie. Still working Ida on the Nav, did give Bruce the Voyager cruise consultant a heads up that we are considering this voyage. He concurs this is the better Norway voyage than the Explorer 2018 Norway cruise (not just because 20 vs 12 days but you go to more Norwegian ports as well).

An excellent Cooktown excursion if your discount our 30 min tender ride out and back (rocking, rolling, and sweltering both ways. Our historic Cooktown took us to the James Cook Museum, the botanical gardens, and grassy hill (lookout where James cook hiked to find a navigation path around the Great Barrier Reef back in the late 1700's. Please enjoy a few pics, tho the first pic is from a poster in the museum since it was cloudy and rainy during our visit

1bffc8cf3016a592507bcf89f0a62658.jpg82019f5d2b26f3eaa0c602d484035798.jpgcfc7c21d60e31426cda01ca539e3c7ee.jpgc0043446d83cdd3dc93d68f322926c45.jpg96665db6992296f3cadf27ee68e34e77.jpg2ff0eb33008acae83166473a8275c587.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wes, Great pics of the GBR. We missed Cairns and Whitsunday Island due to weather etc. so no chance to see what you saw. You blow my mind, though; we were totally unamazed by Cooktown and can't understand why it is a regular port, especially because of the tender ride.

Bill

Your very welcome Gil, we were so fortunate to sail away from Sydney in brilliant sunlight. Two years ago on a Silversea voyage Sydney to LA we left in the dark too.

Ida and I enjoyed another outstanding dinner in Compass Rose paired with best Shiraz we have enjoyed. Now to Beatles nite but first some pix

0457114687b8d3d4180b78c3081156e3.jpg98503d2f32dce3474a5d24cf582596d2.jpg

Glad to see that you found some decent Aussie Shiraz on there Wes. Enjoying your pictures as usual.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bill, we absolutely loved Cairns and snorkeling the GBR, tho the tender ride was challenging---glad I took meclinzine before the roller coaster ride---we enjoyed learning about Cooktown (population of 2500).

Mr. Silver, thank you and that Two Hands is a keeper and definitely worth another pairing for the right dinner to come. Hope you and Krisha soon enjoy your Silver Whisper voyage--Fair Winds and Following seas.

Not exactly in Darwin, Australia yet--another day in a half and will be visit Darwin.

Last nite we had another delicious dinner in Regent Seven Seas Voyager's main restaurant followed by dancing in the Voyager lounge with the music of the Tritons. Pls enjoy a few pictures.

Today is another day at sea and we have wonderful activities to look forward too. Enrichment lectures by Terry Bishop--"The Great OZ Outback Explorers,". A generous fellow guest will conclude is presentation on Vietnam with his final talk, "How the War ended.

The Voyager production cast is hosting a Cast Q&A and a backstage tour. The Voyager Captain and General Mgr are then hosting a frequent floater get together for those of us who have sailed Regent before. The evening will end with a performance of violinist Van Anh Nguyen and then the always entertains, "liars cub."

60fa1bd7469377f3a19af4228a29cece.jpg

77b89a9b6fc8f3f3771b1cc6aea28a28.jpg90b92e5b04597dcb20ff78a55378a956.jpg

Thank you ronrick1943, glad you're enjoying the voyage pics.

Mr. Silver, let's try to link up March 4th in Keelung, Taiwan--your ship the Silver Whisper will be docked the same time our Voyager will be there.

Wes, Great pics of the GBR. We missed Cairns and Whitsunday Island due to weather etc. so no chance to see what you saw. You blow my mind, though; we were totally unamazed by Cooktown and can't understand why it is a regular port, especially because of the tender ride.

Bill

It's always surprising how we cruisers may react differently to ports. I really enjoyed Cooktown. It's small but the people were very friendly. If you delved into the history of Capt Cook and his two month stay in Cooktown it was very interesting. The interaction with the Maori and then the whole gold rush time in the 1870's was also interesting. Small towns and remote areas add to the adventure. And the tender ride was fun (but admittedly not for everyone)

It's always surprising how we cruisers may react differently to ports. I really enjoyed Cooktown. It's small but the people were very friendly. If you delved into the history of Capt Cook and his two month stay in Cooktown it was very interesting. The interaction with the Maori and then the whole gold rush time in the 1870's was also interesting. Small towns and remote areas add to the adventure. And the tender ride was fun (but admittedly not for everyone)

Whoops, that was the aboriginals in Cooktown.

Another entertaining sea day (we arrive Darwin Australia tomorrow morning ) on board Regent Seven Seas Voyager. Late this morning we were entertained by the Executive Chef (Dino) and David (Restaurant Mgr) who prepared Moqueca with Basmati Rice (Shrimp, Chicken breast, David's preparation) and a Black Forest Cake prepared by Dino. Earlier we enjoyed an excellent Smithsonian lecture on Darwin and its birds by Michael Scott. This afternoon we have a yoga class and the another entertaining evening on board with the show, Tuxedo, featuring Rat Pack music (think the songs of Tony Bennet, Frank Sinatra, Natalie Cole).

9d83a64947b0b2aae4ad4acde9a9190c.jpg

8392efe2f50f65c2cb301df201914801.jpg

3b45bea0bc4fbf1a936254a236e6f8b8.jpg

Good Morning as we are just a few hours away from the capital city of Australia's Northern Territory, Darwin. Darwin's proximity to Asia makes it an important Australian gateway to Indonesia and East Timor. This morning we have a five hour excursion to the Territorial Wildlife park where we will get the opportunity to observe Kangaroos, Koala's, and crocodiles.

Late yesterday we enjoyed another excellent yoga class and then enjoyed dinner and a movie at Regent Seven Seas Voyager's fifth restaurant, "our suite." We were helping Ida recover from the New Zealand crud that has been going around the ship (sore throat, sinus challenges). Pls enjoy a few pics.

e3bd59f9327446ecf8d5f287460eaf1e.jpg

39afbd44953b6ce633023485bbc98acb.jpg

Wonderful tour at the Top End of the Northern Territory of Australia (Darwin). Went to the Territory Wildlife Park whose mission is to connect visitors with nature through authentic encounters and exciting experiences. Please enjoy a view pictures of Dingoes, Kangaroos, Giant Frogs, Crocs, Turtles, and birds.

8260ad14b0f45df5153ad07571151e7c.jpgb5f7e144229740ba9ca94a8cbf2a9808.jpg644925bc3dc7ef849fd84e394eddaf7c.jpg37cba65f773ce3d338ca0512eedb95d0.jpg4d428872b26d5e9b5f4f7f6073b8d6f8.jpg

Good Morning as we cruise on the Timor Sea enroute to our next Port, Komodo, Island and Happy Valentine's Day. Today is another sea day on Regent's Seven Seas Voyager. We have enrichment lectures (Komodo and Bali--the islands and their wildlife; the decline and fall of the British Empire.

Captain Felipe left us in Darwin yesterday and Daniel Green is now our Captain. Also, to follow up the boutique does price match and Ida got her valentine gift--a lemonde globe.

Last nite we enjoyed another delicious French dinner in Chartreuse with our new cruise friends from Barcelona.

3b0ee3f718b8a5bfa7f6d4a140dbf6c2.jpg

Need to post a comment about one of our onboard entertainers, Terry Bishop. He is a prize! His numerous lectures are attended by close to 300 people. Last night we had a "Ain't Patrick's Day" event in Horizon and it was standing room only. This for a 10:30 event! That was preceded by David Nevin, our assistant CD who was excellent in the Theater and sang a great duet with Kari, one of the Voyager singers. I have often found Regent's enrichment programs wanting but Terry Bishop leads a very good program on this cruise.

Thanks Bill, we look forward to observing the Komodo Dragons while not wearing Red.

Jean, Ida is happy with her globe and picked Iceland and New Zealand as the first two complementary diamonds to be placed on her globe. Also, glad to hear you're still enjoying our posts/pics. Tough over the last few days as Ida is still trying to beat the "crud."

Stan, we also enjoy Terry's lectures and our other Smithsonian lecturer Michale Scott also packs the guests in the constellation theater--have not seen this many guests enjoy lectures on any Silversea or Regent ship. Also, the Voyager lounge was packed two nites ago with the dance floor full. Ida and I feel very fortunate this cruise has been blessed with terrific weather, generally calm seas, generally friendly guests and a terrific crew. Our expectations are exceeded and we are both happy with Regent's entertainment and late nite entertainment.

Good to hear that you are enjoying the Smithsonian lecturers as passengers on the World Cruise are not. Actually, most reviews of these speakers are less than stunning (including on our previous cruises). Perhaps they are improving as the result of negative comments!?

Happy to hear that Ida got her necklace. I am curious as to why you wanted to purchase the necklace at 30% off in the Boutique rather than simply purchase it from the manufacturer. Was it because you could pay for it with OBC's? If so, I guess that many passengers will do what you have done on their cruises. Letting us know about this experience gives us fuel for our future cruises.

Also good to hear that you are happy with Regent's entertainment as, again, many of us are not. Your experience on the Voyager in this area seems to be better than our experience with entertainment (and lecturers) on the Explorer. As much as we love and prefer the Explorer over any other Regent or Silversea ship, due to itinerary issues, we will be on the Mariner and Voyager after next month's transatlantic crossing on the Explorer. Wish that you and Idea were on next months cruise as we would have invited to both to a party in the Master Suite again (not sure how much longer we can do the upper suites as the per diems are becoming a bit over the top).

Hoping that Komodo Island isn't 114 degrees. The dragons are a must see but I don't think that I would do Komodo Island again. It is like India to us....... once is enough:D

Jackie, tho we had over $1750 in SBC I purchased via Boutique since they price matched and threw in free shipping. Plus, we also get their purchase policy (one year guarantee if anything goes wrong with purchase). Moreover, Emma the boutique saleswoman was courteous and helpful. Ida has enjoyed the spa services a few times and we also enjoy fine wine often which helps dent the OBC. Did get a Regent $100 SBC for boooking on board (our TA matched this). Komodo Island forecast is 83 high with showers (hope not)

The Valentine's Day ultimate officer and guest competition was held earlier. Fun time was enjoyed by the officers and many guests--officers won. Please enjoy a few pics of the guests and officers competing. Alanciao is the bowler in the neon green shirt.

Gil/Gilly, they have run out of Aperol on board now too xcept for the Aperol Niven (bartender in Horizon lounge) saves for me in a Compari bottle he puts under the bar.

bde67271e67835dc4c3c08b8cae060c7.jpg

bd6c63490cccdd8c0c8f54fb2d07837a.jpg

3acf215f8db8d7c25e2297b0d16e9fee.jpg

ad0d596905f6f0608c0e997c9f7907f2.jpg

Edited by WesW

Wes, you've drunk all the Aperol too?! Good grief, you are having fun on that ship!!

(so wish we were there too...we love that part of the world and my Komodo pearls bring back such happy memories and prompt some very funny stories too!)