Liberty soda & breakfast/lunch items

bambione

Hi everyone,

I am sailing on LOS Feb 5 and have a few questions. I am not purchasing the soda package, but do like my diet coke. Are there vending machines for a bottle, or is it sold as a fountain drink only, and if so how much is it for a fountain drink?

I will be eating mostly in the MDR, so am wondering what are some of the breakfast and lunch items available? I'm sure I'll be happy no matter what, but I'm the kind of person who always looks up the menu before I go out to eat. Just would like a few ideas of what's available. I love oatmeal, has anyone had that for breakfast in the MDR?

Thanks everyone, I know I won't starve, and I'll enjoy every bite no matter what I eat.

Karen

Hi, I do not recall seeing any cans of pop on board. You can get just a soda package, no more machines, had to go to the bar to get our cokes. As far as oatmeal, you can get it room service, and windjammer, so I imagine you can get it in the mdr as well. Good oatmeal! They have regular breakfast fair in the mdr, and I hear the salad is good there too. I have always eaten in the windjammer for breakfast and lunch, if you go early many are still in bed. Hope this helps!

The salad bar at lunch in the MDR is super good. Be advised that the MDR is not open for lunch on port days. It is open for breakfast every day. I believe that you can get eggs benedict for breakfast even tho' it is not listed on the menu.

Hi everyone,

I am sailing on LOS Feb 5 and have a few questions. I am not purchasing the soda package, but do like my diet coke. Are there vending machines for a bottle, or is it sold as a fountain drink only, and if so how much is it for a fountain drink?

I will be eating mostly in the MDR, so am wondering what are some of the breakfast and lunch items available? I'm sure I'll be happy no matter what, but I'm the kind of person who always looks up the menu before I go out to eat. Just would like a few ideas of what's available. I love oatmeal, has anyone had that for breakfast in the MDR?

Thanks everyone, I know I won't starve, and I'll enjoy every bite no matter what I eat.

Karen

Fountain soda only, about $3.50-4.00 each.

The MDR does not serve lunch on port days.

Oatmeal is always an option both in WJ and the MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not much of a breakfast person but I do love oatmeal. Best place to get it is the windjammer ( for free) because they have a station set up. There is oatmeal or cream of wheat and then there is butter , brown sugar, shaved almonds, walnuts, and some dried fruits. I love making a bowl of that sometimes I'll grab a hard boiled egg to go with it. You can get a bowl of it in the MDR but it took way too long for them to bring it and it was just plain no extras to go in it. You can buy cans of soda at the bars but they open it give you half in a glass and chatge you something like $3.

Edited by toxicfairy

Fountain soda only, about $3.50-4.00 each.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not true. When you purchase soda from a bar or eating establishment you get an entire can. Only with the drinks package are you limited to fountain soda. OP, you will also find soda in your room fridge and can drink that (for a price of course).

Love the WJ oatmeal with all the toppings.

I'm not much of a breakfast person but I do love oatmeal. Best place to get it is the windjammer ( for free) because they have a station set up. There is oatmeal or cream of wheat and then there is butter , brown sugar, shaved almonds, walnuts, and some dried fruits. I love making a bowl of that sometimes I'll grab a hard boiled egg to go with it. You can get a bowl of it in the MDR but it took way too long for them to bring it and it was just plain no extras to go in it. You can buy cans of soda at the bars but they open it give you half in a glass and chatge you something like $3.

Oatmeal in MDR comes with brown sugar and raisins on the side in little cups. However, you can ask for nuts, fruit, whatever you want. Plus the MDR breakfast bar has an array of fruit, nuts, etc. I usually go get my own to add to oatmeal. Waiter also offers hot milk if you want to add.

Not as fast as Windjammer, but if you want table service, plus any extras MDR works well.

Yes, of course you can buy cans of soda without a package...fountain soda is only for those with packages.

If I were you, I would bring a 6-pack aboard. I know they say they don't allow it, but it's usually "hit or miss"...

You can get almost ANY breakfast food in the MDR...it's very casual for breakfast and lunch, so give it a try! Much nicer to be served than dealing with a buffet!

Thanks everyone. I love salad bars, so I can see myself eating at lot of salad. The oatmeal sounds yummy as well. I'm going to try to bring on a few diet coke's, if they get confiscated at least I'll still have my wine.

Karen

Thanks everyone. I love salad bars, so I can see myself eating at lot of salad. The oatmeal sounds yummy as well. I'm going to try to bring on a few diet coke's, if they get confiscated at least I'll still have my wine.

Karen

I have never heard of cans of soda being confiscated. Very rarely, they take bottles, because they could be tampered with and contain "non-soda liquid". ;) :D

So you should be fine there. :)

There is also a salad bar in the Windjammer buffet. That one is self-serve.

We'll be on the same cruise. We were on Liberty last August.

If you have a balcony, try room service. They have a great menu and you can enjoy breakfast on your balcony with a view!

The salad bar in MDR for lunch is awesome!

Soda is fountain style. You could always bring a 12 pack of your favorite soda in plastic bottles. I've seen people do that, along with bottled water.

Be open to new things and you'll have a great time!

For those that mention bringing a six- or twelve-pack of soda and water on board. Would you recommend putting it in the checked luggage or in the carry-on?

Thanks,

Either should work. We use checked as we would rather not carry it until staterooms open.

If you check it, they may hold your suitcase for inspection. If you put a 12-pack in your wheeled carry on, it would be heavier, but you would not have to get your checked bag from "lock up".. Your choice.

Last time, we stopped at a grocery store on the way to the port and bought our wine and water. (BTW, in Texas, the stores can't sell booze until after 12-noon on Sundays and only wine...). We got to the port around 12:30 and after checking etc, we got on board right around 1:00. Our cabin(s) were ready. It worked out well. We just carried the 12-pack of water in our hand and went right up to our cabin. Super easy.

If the porter will take your 12-pack, or 24-pack, put a luggage tag on it and tip him/her. It will be delivered to your cabin with your luggage. They would not do this on our sailing (which is why we carried our own on board). But, as we were leaving the following Sunday, I saw porters with cases of water on their carts! Go figure. Be prepared either way.

You might consider bringing some of your own. I have always put 2 twelve packs in a small piece of luggage and had no issues. Worse case scenario they take them and you are out $10 bucks. I do the same with a case of water....except I just put a bag tag on that.