AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

12 minutes ago, tw67 said:

I would get the $100 or $250 (might do a 14 day repo), but not military.  Not sure about the vow renewal...I would have to seriously see how the next 2 years pans out since we are now empty nesters (lol...just kidding!!).

Just an FYI..this afternoon I sent to Carnival my request for my shareholder OBC and I received a response in 10 minutes!  WOW!!  That was incredible.  If I only got my Carnival status to transfer over I would be thrilled!!

I hear ya on the vow renewal  - you wanna make sure it's gonna stick before committing again, don't want to rush into it, lol.

If you figure out how to get your Carnival to transfer, let me know and I'll bring over my Carnival and Princess!! Get 'em all on each line, I say!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We're taking the HAL plunge for our 40th next year. I sailed them as a kid in '66 on a transatlantic - so it will be a return to HAL for me after MANY years !  Decided to go all out with a top suite. Should be FUN!

Tom

I know this is a Carnival thread and a bit off topic, but congrats on the anniversary & welcome back to HAL - safe travels, enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2

Since HAL was recently brought into the discussion, about a month or so ago they started giving out OBC to members of AARP.  Depending upon what type of cabin you get, it's anywhere from 50-200.  It needs to be applied with your initial reservation.  I will assume it's stackable with shareholder OBC.  We haven't pulled the trigger with HAL yet.  Their largest ships are 99.5 K tons.  Haven't been on a ship that small in well over 10 years, think it was the Carnival Spirit in the Mexican Riviera.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Since HAL was recently brought into the discussion, about a month or so ago they started giving out OBC to members of AARP.  Depending upon what type of cabin you get, it's anywhere from 50-200.  It needs to be applied with your initial reservation.  I will assume it's stackable with shareholder OBC...

Yes, AARP OBC is stackable w/Shareholder OBC and also Military OBC.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

The better discount on AARP and no shipping already more than paid for your AARP membership! You saved 75 dollars on 2500 dollars worth.

Yeah I was emotionally attached to my points. I actually paid $12, plus I got back $23 from my capital one card. Not sure why they gave me more than i paid.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

THAT'S AWESOME!!

Is that print big enough and bold enough for you to read now that you are in the oldster club?

Hey you, get off my lawn!

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

Now that we are all AARP members, I have this urge to start booking on HAL instead of my normal Carnival... the age thing is real!!

I get along just fine with seniors. I wouldn't mind it at all. Fewer kids, calmer crowd, and they'd be a lot quieter. Dang, now that made me sound old.

Speaking of old (just kidding my friend), is @Joe817  still lurking around this thread? Been a long time, Joe. Stop in and say hi.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

Yeah I was emotionally attached to my points. I actually paid $12, plus I got back $23 from my capital one card. Not sure why they gave me more than i paid.

Now use your Allstate points to load up on sweepstakes.

🤔**Wait a minute...one more person means less chances for me.**🤔

Oh wait, nevermind. Their sweepstakes are closed. 😈

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

That is a really good deal! I used the Capital One 23 dollar deal also a couple months ago. It took about 6 weeks to show up as a statement credit. I now have AARP until 2032 🤣

14 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Since HAL was recently brought into the discussion, about a month or so ago they started giving out OBC to members of AARP.  Depending upon what type of cabin you get, it's anywhere from 50-200.  It needs to be applied with your initial reservation.  I will assume it's stackable with shareholder OBC.  We haven't pulled the trigger with HAL yet.  Their largest ships are 99.5 K tons.  Haven't been on a ship that small in well over 10 years, think it was the Carnival Spirit in the Mexican Riviera.

Do you have to book through AARP to get their OBC?

7 minutes ago, ski_mom said:

Do you have to book through AARP to get their OBC?

No, you can book direct w/HAL, a PCC or TA, but you do have to have joined AARP before you book.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, kaybeebee said:

Has anyone bought AARP  Carnival gift cards and then not received them in their email? This just happened 

So I assume you have looked in your junk folder.  It recently took someone a little while to show up, how long has it been?  Are you a new AARP member?

4 hours ago, kaybeebee said:

It was my husband , he made his account and then bought the cards immediately afterwards, got a notification to verify is email, but no e cards have come through.  I have bought them before and received them via email right away. 

Someone else had the same issue.  Check tomorrow and if not there, contact AARP.

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

They ship here. Fancy ain’t it. Like a big city. 

Don't feel bad. Every time we go on vacation...and I mean every time...when someone asks where we're from and I tell them Illinois, they always say, "Oh, Chicago?" No, amazingly enough, the state has more places than just Chicago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Don't feel bad. Every time we go on vacation...and I mean every time...when someone asks where we're from and I tell them Illinois, they always say, "Oh, Chicago?" No, amazingly enough, the state has more places than just Chicago.

Same - we are in Illinois about 45 minutes north of St Louis, so I usually say in Illinois, near St Louis.  We are about 5 hours from Chicago.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kaybeebee said:

It was my husband , he made his account and then bought the cards immediately afterwards, got a notification to verify is email, but no e cards have come through.  I have bought them before and received them via email right away. 

Give it 24 hours before worrying... It took a little bit for me to get my gift card when buying them from a brand new AARP account.  I ordered it at 9:30am one day last week and it showed up in my email the next morning around 3am.  They must take a bit longer to process when the account is just opened.